Killzone HD - Worth it?

lordnikon42

Killzone HD - Worth it?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Killzone HD - Worth it?

• Yes
    • No

Hello everyone,

As you can see I am new here to the forums. I was hoping to get some feedback on the game Killzone HD. I was thinking about purchasing the game on the PSN Store since it's only 15$. I have never played a Killzone game before. Is the franchise good? Have you played the Killzone HD version? What are your thoughts about the game or do you regret purchasing it?

Hello everyone,

As you can see I am new here to the forums. I was hoping to get some feedback on the game Killzone HD. I was thinking about purchasing the game on the PSN Store since it's only 15$. I have never played a Killzone game before. Is the franchise good? Have you played the Killzone HD version? What are your thoughts about the game or do you regret purchasing it?

I'm not sure where abouts your from, but on the Australian PSN store KZHD is available bundled with Infamous: Festival of Blood, it was around $15, might have even been a bit cheaper.

Thats how i purchased the game as i already had KZ2 and KZ3 by themselves and didn't really need to get the collection.

Anyway which every way you get the game you won't be disapointed, if you like shooters you will love KZ.

personally, i absolutely hate this game. yeah, it's an easy plat, but it's time consuming and not enjoyable at all. guns shoot like shit and the characters are horrible. i hear Luger's voice in my nightmares, god i hate her so much, and the others aren't much better. their stupid squabbles in between firefights and the way they say "hold fire" every two seconds just to start shooting at someone, or say "open fire" just to stand there and get shot for 5 minutes without even turning around and shooting back. it's just annoying, and playing through it 4 times (each character) is an absolute pain in the ass chore.

i got the trilogy cause i've heard 2 and 3 were pretty good and figured i'd start out with this first. big mistake. i wish i had never played this game, but i'm too far to turn back now for plat.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bought it for 4.50 euros from a sale and i say that it wasn't even worth that. This game didn't get the best reviews when it was originally released and now it's such a relic. The game has aged really badly and it's definitely not worth playing unless you really want that easy plat.

You can find much better old shooter's from gog. Lot of the 90's and early 2000's shooters still kick ass unlike this piece of crap.

I used to love this game back in the day, but having played the more recent Killzone games, I remember this game as slow and boring. I wouldn't mind playing this game again for 1 playthrough, but since it takes 4 to plat it, I didn't bother. I bought it for €5 during a sale, just in case I would feel the urge to play it, but I never did.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I got this second hand for £2. So I think it's worth it. I played this on PS2 and it felt very advanced for back then. But this HD version still looks like a PS2 game so it looks old by today's standards. I was hoping for a polish worthy of Killzone 2 visuals but nope. It's an easy Plat so I recommend it to any shooter fan. Just don't expect anything better than PS2 visuals.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I think that the game is still epic, of course it got some flaws like old game mechanics and it just aren't that groundbreaking like it was back in the day on ps2(it was one of my first game, eh really great memories) but I think it still at least worth a try, well it's killzone after all