Is it too late?...........

Arrowz

I decided that I'm gonna get KIllzone 2 and beat it before I start playing #3. The only thing that's worrying me is the online trophies now. When Killzone 3 comes out, will I still have a chance at getting the online trophies, will the multiplayer still be up and running? Will there still be people even playing it? Idk if I can 100% or Platinum it now, since I know so little about the game. Can someone tell me there is still hope?:scared:

Unless everyone's Killzone 2's disc detonates the moment that Killzone 3 releases, I would imagine that there is more than enough time to get things done. The community may fade more quickly with the release of a new installment, and, 6 months to a year down the line, the statistical chances of being in the top 1% will probably dwindle meaning you'll have to work harder, but I think that is common sense. However there is no indication whatsoever of the servers being closed down and I wouldn't bank on the possibility of signing on the first complete week of March only to find 3 people on Killzone 2's multiplayer.

Most popular, (and especially exclusive) games keep the servers up for a long time. I wouldn't stress yourself out this much about it; one day at a time.

I don't understand too much about the Top 1% online, but it sounds like the trophy that I should be worried about the most. I'm doing the Campaign on Veteran so I can used to the controls and movements, then I will be ready for the multiplayer. I'll have to study up on this Top 1% after that, and find the best, and quickest way to get it.

The mp is really not that bad, and you shouldn't have too much trouble with the trophies unless you are just awful at fps. They are just time consuming. I just got my top 1% trophy after 2 unsuccessful weeks (just not enough time put into it). All the trophies can be boosted if you are smart about it.

I don't believe the servers will be shut down for awhile, there will still be plenty of people playing this. Over 65,000 people logged on this past week, so the online community is still strong. I never have had a problem finding a game.

As for the valor trophies if you aren't going to boost them, play bodycount games on the smaller maps (radec, blood gracht, tharsis depot). Go for the bodycount and headshot medals so you get more points per kill, get in a server you like and hopefully on the winning team for the 1.5x bonus at the end of the match, and just grind away. The last 3 weeks the cutoff has been averaging 6200 points which may sound like alot, but it's really not if you can put the time into it.

I think you should get it only if you are really good in FPS games. I wasn't really that good when i went for the Top 10 or 5%. But, now I am. So let me know if you need help with those damn ribbons.

Note: Try to get the Quick draw and head shot ribbon. It will definitely help you when going for the Top 1%.:dance:

I think you should get it only if you are really good in FPS games. I wasn't really that good when i went for the Top 10 or 5%. But, now I am. So let me know if you need help with those damn ribbons.

Note: Try to get the Quick draw and head shot ribbon. It will definitely help you when going for the Top 1%.:dance:

Yo, I will take you up on your offer. I want all the help I can get. I will messgae you.

Ok, I haven't finished the campain, I'm just gonna jump into the MP. If there's anybody good I can team up with, then let me know. It sounds like having a bad ass team is the best approach. I'm gonna get the multiplayer trophies out of the way first, that way I don't have to worry about them anymore. I can take care of the offline trophies anytime I want.

Ok, I'm more in the know now that I have played the crap out of this game for 3 days now. I'm going for the Valor Grand Cross. How many points do you think I need to get by the end of the week, anyone have any thoughts?

Hey dude, I've played with/against you the last couple of days and we both seem to finish at the top of the scoreboard in almost every game. Send me a friend request and I'll accept it when I get home and then we can try and bump out score up together if you'd like. It seems to me that being on the winning team and getting the 1.5x score boost is the most important thing in getting the leaderboard trophies. Then after the week is up we can try and get/boost the ribbon trophies. Let me know.

Hey dude, I've played with/against you the last couple of days and we both seem to finish at the top of the scoreboard in almost every game. Send me a friend request and I'll accept it when I get home and then we can try and bump out score up together if you'd like. It seems to me that being on the winning team and getting the 1.5x score boost is the most important thing in getting the leaderboard trophies. Then after the week is up we can try and get/boost the ribbon trophies. Let me know.

Yeh dude, I remember you as well. You're pretty good. Yeh, let's team up. I'll send you a friend invite right now.

How many points you need is entirely dependant on how many people are playing e.g if 40,000 people are playing then you need to be in the top 400 to get all 4 Valor trophies to pop at once.

Really?!? I kinda thought if it was 40,000, then I would have to rank in the top 40's. Are you positive that's correct? If that's the case, then I think I might get it, but I can't tell where I stand, since the stupid leader boards won't update, it's gonna piss me off if the leaderboards are not functioning anymore. My best chance to aquire this trophy is to get it either this week, or next week.

Really?!? I kinda thought if it was 40,000, then I would have to rank in the top 40's. Are you positive that's correct? If that's the case, then I think I might get it, but I can't tell where I stand, since the stupid leader boards won't update, it's gonna piss me off if the leaderboards are not functioning anymore. My best chance to aquire this trophy is to get it either this week, or next week.

I'll accept your friends request tomorrow. I plan on playing 6+ hrs on Fri, Sat, and Sun. If 40,000 play you have to be in 400th place or better so it's pretty manageable. I have about 4300 so far this week but I don't know where I stand either. If the leaderboards not updating screw me out of the trophies I'll probably just boost the ribbon trophies and be done with it. This game is fun but I've got so many other games to play it ain't even funny.

I'll accept your friends request tomorrow. I plan on playing 6+ hrs on Fri, Sat, and Sun. If 40,000 play you have to be in 400th place or better so it's pretty manageable. I have about 4300 so far this week but I don't know where I stand either. If the leaderboards not updating screw me out of the trophies I'll probably just boost the ribbon trophies and be done with it. This game is fun but I've got so many other games to play it ain't even funny.

Yeh, I got a lot of games on my list as well. I have a score of around 6000. Ok now...............we need a plan. First off, I need to know if you have a mic, that will make things so much simplier, i can actually talk to you instead of typing it out on the PSN, which is very slow.

Second.........What time will you be on tommorrow, I hope you get on in the morning, but I do plan on playing all day tommorrow, with the execption of going out somewhere for a few hours during the evening, but I will get back right after I get done.

And third............. We definetly need a plan for when we boost, becuz I've gotten my game shut down 3 seperate times now becuz of that. The mods keep an eye out for boosting on this game, and can watch our every move, they may even be able to listen to what we're saying while in a match, not too sure though. I've been reading about it here on the forums, and I think I know what to do so we won't draw attention to ourselves. I will come up with a good plan, and explain it to you later, hopefully in the voice chat. But what I will say is, we have to boost, but not make it look so obvious. Like, boost while making it look like a real match, or make an open party for 6, and we can meet at a specific location, and avoid the rest of the people. There's a few ideas, but we have to be careful.

Yeh, I got a lot of games on my list as well. I have a score of around 6000. Ok now...............we need a plan. First off, I need to know if you have a mic, that will make things so much simplier, i can actually talk to you instead of typing it out on the PSN, which is very slow.

Second.........What time will you be on tommorrow, I hope you get on in the morning, but I do plan on playing all day tommorrow, with the execption of going out somewhere for a few hours during the evening, but I will get back right after I get done.

And third............. We definetly need a plan for when we boost, becuz I've gotten my game shut down 3 seperate times now becuz of that. The mods keep an eye out for boosting on this game, and can watch our every move, they may even be able to listen to what we're saying while in a match, not too sure though. I've been reading about it here on the forums, and I think I know what to do so we won't draw attention to ourselves. I will come up with a good plan, and explain it to you later, hopefully in the voice chat. But what I will say is, we have to boost, but not make it look so obvious. Like, boost while making it look like a real match, or make an open party for 6, and we can meet at a specific location, and avoid the rest of the people. There's a few ideas, but we have to be careful.

Unforuntetly I'm at work and won't be on until 3pm PST but will play for at least 6 hrs. I do have a mic, so no issues there. As long as we follow the advice on here we shouldn't have too bad of a time boosting. I read that you'll need anywhere from 7000 to 10000 points to get the trophies depending on how many people are on so you are already nearing the ballpark. Are you wanting to boost the ribbon trophies or the leaderboard trophies? I don't think we need to risk boosting score, we shouldn't have a problem with that. The ribbons on the other hand, some of those are a pain in the ass.

In another thread on here called "online stats" someone stated that this game no longer tracks stats on the leaderboards and so the valor trophies are now unobtainable. I haven't decided if I'm still going to waste my time earning points this weekend or move on to something else.

In another thread on here called "online stats" someone stated that this game no longer tracks stats on the leaderboards and so the valor trophies are now unobtainable. I haven't decided if I'm still going to waste my time earning points this weekend or move on to something else.

We won't see if that's true until the week is over with. I'm not gonna give up becuz of some rumors, especially after I sacraficed over half my week to play this game. Let's do this shit yo.

Absolutely false. I just got my valor trophies finished last week. They won't shut these servers or the leaderboards down for a long time.

Yeh, the leader boards are not keeping track of anything this week. So even though I want to believe these are just rumors, it's kinda hard to feel at ease right now. If you were in my shoes, you would feel the same way, since I've put in mega hours into this week and it all of it could have been for nothing.

There are a few obstacles:

• (G) Heroic Survivor - Beat the campaign on Elite
  • (G) Valor Grand Cross - Get in the top 1% of the weekly leaderboards
  • (B) Medal Trophies

Heroic Survivor requires extreme skill or practice

Valor Grand Cross is extremely difficult because few people play it.

The medal trophies will be difficult unless you boost them.

There are a few obstacles:

• (G) Heroic Survivor - Beat the campaign on Elite
  • (G) Valor Grand Cross - Get in the top 1% of the weekly leaderboards
  • (B) Medal Trophies

Heroic Survivor requires extreme skill or practice

Valor Grand Cross is extremely difficult because few people play it.

The medal trophies will be difficult unless you boost them.

Ok

Heroic Survivor - I think I might be underestimating that one everyone keeps saying it's a tough one, but I can take care of that anytime I want, no time frame or deadline.

Valor Grand Cross - My main cause of stress........ I do not doubt I can accumlate more than enough points in a single week to get this. The things I'm worried about is the leader board not working, and will not register my rank for the week, therefore not getting the trophy. Another thing I'm worried about is the deadline to get it, since KZ3 comes out soon. When KZ3 hits shelves, there will be a pretty steep drop in the KZ2 population, making it harder to get this trophy if the leader boards do decide to start working again. Oh, and you have to basically dedicate your whole week to achieve this, and I've already done that, and hoping that I bear the fruits of my labor.

Medals - Yeh, I can get some on my own, and I have boosting partners, so no big worry here. No screwed up leader boards hovering over my shoulders as well.