What is the best way to adjust to the control scheme?

xxnintendopimpxx

I bought Killzone 2 two nights ago, bought the DLC bundle as well. As the thread title asks, what is the best way get adjusted to KZ2 controls after being exposed to Call of Duty/Borderlands/etc. controls?

My guess would be to start with the DLC. Matches against bots seem to be the best way, but what do you all think?

Edited by xxnintendopimpxx

I bought Killzone 2 two nights ago, bought the DLC bundle as well. As the thread title asks, what is the best way get adjusted to KZ2 controls after being exposed to Call of Duty/Borderlands/etc. controls?

My guess would be to start with the DLC. Matches against bots seem to be the best way, but what do you all think?

If memory serves, Alt 2 is the control scheme that is similar to Call of Duty. That's what I used right after coming from Black Ops and I didn't have any issues whatsoever. The only thing that took getting used to was the sluggish feel with the movements.

If memory serves, Alt 2 is the control scheme that is similar to Call of Duty. That's what I used right after coming from Black Ops and I didn't have any issues whatsoever. The only thing that took getting used to was the sluggish feel with the movements.

Alrighty, I'll give Alt. 2 a shot. Thanks Yoshi (and everybody else ;))! But as far as getting in a feel for the game are bot matches the way to go? Because i got my ass kicked on Campaign even on easy -_-'

Alrighty, I'll give Alt. 2 a shot. Thanks Yoshi (and everybody else ;))! But as far as getting in a feel for the game are bot matches the way to go? Because i got my ass kicked on Campaign even on easy -_-'

You can play matches with Bots on Skirmish or online in Warzone, but you wont obtain Ribbons as long as you do so. The A.I. is pretty darn realistic when playing against Bots but you'll be able to get the feel for game nonetheless. Just select an easier difficulty for the Bots because their accuracy is remarkably deadly on Veteran and especially Elite.