What weapons are good to use when playing online on a more advanced level?

Kzone3

I'm a lieutenant colonel now and the fights have gotten a lot tougher. The common ISA assault rifle just doesn't seem to cut it anymore since everyone is one-hit kill weapon happy (sniper, RPG, shotgun, grenades flying everywhere). It's the only thing I've been using, though, because I was just good with it. Should I become shotgun happy? I don't want to use the RPG, cuz it just feels cheap.

Wish I could use the M6 machine gun.

The Shotgun and The Sniper is the absolute best choices if you ask me, after you have gotten the "spot and mark" ability with the sniper it's really fun to play. Except those two alot of people usually play as the saboteur with the SMG.

The last thing Killzone 2 community needs is another shotgunner... (to the tell the truth I don't like the class) :p

There are a lot of them, and they always die from long and mid range.

I think the sniper is better. It depends on the situation you're into too...

If you're soldier the STA3 LMG is hell for enemies. Otherwise try to use the Helghast rifle, is less accurate than the ISA one, but it's more powerful. ;)

The last thing Killzone 2 community needs is another shotgunner... (to the tell the truth I don't like the class) :p

There are a lot of them, and they always die from long and mid range.

I think the sniper is better. It depends on the situation you're into too...

If you're soldier the STA3 LMG is hell for enemies. Otherwise try to use the Helghast rifle, is less accurate than the ISA one, but it's more powerful. ;)

if you're playing Radec Academy and Blood Graht there is definetely nothing better than the engineer class ;) but the LMG is really good too and so is the sniper, the scout class is probably the better if you want to have more fun while playing. I on the other hand would stay away from the helghast rifle, it's terrible :(

I've had no luck with the helghast rifle :(, I tried the shotgun yesterday and it was a big step up from the ISA rifle in terms of kills right now (even though it feels like the most sluggish gun). I don't have the sniper, yet though.

I think I need a bit more practice if I want to go after the 1% at this level, and also find weapons that suit me (that aren't RPG's :mad:).

So I found out the trick to being great is shooting without using the scope (oh, and being unpredictable). I've been playing in elite mode which is a great way to practice that skill. I have no doubt I'll be getting the 1% trophy next week. I'm pretty much good with any weapon like this.

@ Kzone3. Weapon choice really is a matter of personal preference. Spend some "quality' time using each of the various weapons until you find one or two, or maybe even three, that you are proficient at using. Ideally you will be good at wielding whatever weapon is available.

*Note*

Any weapon you can maintain a 2/1 or better kd/r with.

Each weapon has its strengths and weaknesses depending on the situation. My preference was the smaller maps though so I was using the shotgun a lot. If you have the revolver you are set with a very nice weapon for long range as well. Couple that with the sentry bots and using the tacticians air support ability with engineer you can do a lot of damage.