XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > K (PS3) > Killzone 2

Old 09-11-2010, 07:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Killzone SP = Superior

Received the game earlier in the day from amazon. Started the campaign on hard, ran through the level and am impressed by the game play. I am surprised just how good the enemy AI is. Had to stop and figure out a strategy before i made my offense push. The recoil of the weapons feels spot on, you cant just strafe and have all your bullets go directly at what your reticle highlights. It reminds me of playing counter-strike. I especially love the statistic management of both offline and online play.
I am starting the 4th mission and so far I haven't had any experience of being bored of this game and the game is making my entire house rumble out of my system. If any complaint your partner AI is useless and this game is definitely missing a coop. I played 2 matches online and had fun. If you came into this forum asking the question if this game is good, the answer is yes. KZ3 cant wait!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   Member of the Month Winner   Community Gaming Event Gold   Bronzer Than Nothing   Jack of All Trades   Helping Hand   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   5,000 Posts   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Road Map Submitter
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

I agree with much you have said my only problem was the controls were a bit slow and unresponsive for me, but then again I play alot of call of duty
Old 09-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I agree. The single player is pretty awesome! The AI is very good, you can't just shoot at them and expect to kill them, you kinda have to outwit them and take them down! I also like the challenge of elite mode...except for the last battle, that was a little more annoying than fun, but sure was rewarding I love the sound fx too, they did a fantastic job with that, it really feels like you're in the middle of a warzone with very little hope of survival! The guns look amazing, such realistic detail, that I kept thinking "If this gun actually existed in the real life, it would look like this", yeah, that's how good it looked As for online, only played like 2 matches (cousins' house), since my internet connection sucks and I would slow people down or something, so I played a lot of skirmish, and while it's fun, it's not quite as fun when you played enough to figure the AIs' finetic pattern. But, overall one of the best shooters ever made IMO. Killzone 3 is looking quite amazing as well.

Last edited by Dreadnought190; 09-11-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Dreadnought190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

The graphics are great and so are the AI, but I found the controls to be weighty, slow, and carry a lag whilst the story was uninteresting and forgettable.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts

KZ is quite awesome indeed I look forward to getting back into it eventually to finish up Elite and the rest of the ribbons (just gotta fix my stupid YLOD PS3).

Online Gaming Quest Priorities:

Ace Combat Assault Horizon, Alien Breed Impact 3, Arcana Heart 3, Army of Two: 40th Day, Bulletstorm, Call of Juarez: The Cartel, Dead Rising 2: OTR, GTA 4 (Fly the Coop), Hard Corp: Uprising, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Operation Flashpoint: Red River (+DLC), Quantum of Solace, Resident Evil 5 (DLC), Transformers: FoC, Uncharted 2 (DLC), Way of the Samurai 4
kraven_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought190 View Post
I agree. The single player is pretty awesome! The AI is very good, you can't just shoot at them and expect to kill them, you kinda have to outwit them and take them down! I also like the challenge of elite mode...except for the last battle, that was a little more annoying than fun, but sure was rewarding I love the sound fx too, they did a fantastic job with that, it really feels like you're in the middle of a warzone with very little hope of survival! The guns look amazing, such realistic detail, that I kept thinking "If this gun actually existed in the real life, it would look like this", yeah, that's how good it looked As for online, only played like 2 matches (cousins' house), since my internet connection sucks and I would slow people down or something, so I played a lot of skirmish, and while it's fun, it's not quite as fun when you played enough to figure the AIs' finetic pattern. But, overall one of the best shooters ever made IMO. Killzone 3 is looking quite amazing as well.
from the sounds of it you really enjoy this game & have put a lot of hours into it, but you cant go for platinum because of your internet connection. you said that you slow people down, if i were you, i would probably try to boost all the online rewards & valor ranks, thus giving you platinum, in 1v1 or 2v2 games, because in games like that im guessing the lag would be manageable. & if your worried about getting caught just boost in a clan or do it on the dlc maps (i dont think they check clans or dlc maps). just suggesting , because i would hate to have a game where i spent so long on but have it unplatinumed
Old 09-12-2010, 09:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesandwich View Post
from the sounds of it you really enjoy this game & have put a lot of hours into it, but you cant go for platinum because of your internet connection. you said that you slow people down, if i were you, i would probably try to boost all the online rewards & valor ranks, thus giving you platinum, in 1v1 or 2v2 games, because in games like that im guessing the lag would be manageable. & if your worried about getting caught just boost in a clan or do it on the dlc maps (i dont think they check clans or dlc maps). just suggesting , because i would hate to have a game where i spent so long on but have it unplatinumed
Thanks for the advice and nice words, but unfortunately my internet connection is really, really terrible (bad experiences). I rarely even get signed into psn and takes ages to even download demos or trailers! I even lost a friend on psn, because I RARELY sign into psn. I only get signed if it's like 1 or 2 am. Even then I have to be lucky to get signed in at all! And I sometimes get randomly signed out, which could happen in a match, so I wouldn't wanna risk that. But, thanks anyways
Old 09-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Talking

I found Campaign fun and Multiplayer too. The only only problem I had was multiplayer was just a bit to laggy

Assassin's Creed 2, Fallout 3, InFamous, LittleBig Planet, Modern Warfare 2, Resident Evil 5, Resistance 2,
Call of Duty: World at War, Fallout: New Vegas
Tri_Force666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

I have now unlocked some weapons and medic class online. Love how it switches objectives in the same round, especially from body count or assassination to search and destroy shit is awesome. I am addicted to this game man its been so long since I had this feeling. I could not wait to get home and play some killzone 2.

i was browsing some features on killzone 3 and came up with this comparison to RAGE. Killzone 3 versus RAGE: HD Screenshot comparison - GamingBolt.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Previews and Blog sic!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

It is AWESOME! My only complaint is (not that controls are slow because I changed controller sensitivity to high) that they are... Jumpyish?... Can't think of the word but they ARE NOT SMOOTH like CODs.