XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 11-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
Kzone3

Default What weapons are good to use when playing online on a more advanced level?

I'm a lieutenant colonel now and the fights have gotten a lot tougher. The common ISA assault rifle just doesn't seem to cut it anymore since everyone is one-hit kill weapon happy (sniper, RPG, shotgun, grenades flying everywhere). It's the only thing I've been using, though, because I was just good with it. Should I become shotgun happy? I don't want to use the RPG, cuz it just feels cheap.

Wish I could use the M6 machine gun.
Kzone3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
Led94

The Shotgun and The Sniper is the absolute best choices if you ask me, after you have gotten the "spot and mark" ability with the sniper it's really fun to play. Except those two alot of people usually play as the saboteur with the SMG.

Proudest plat: Killzone 2

Led94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
BtSephiroth

The last thing Killzone 2 community needs is another shotgunner... (to the tell the truth I don't like the class)
There are a lot of them, and they always die from long and mid range.
I think the sniper is better. It depends on the situation you're into too...
If you're soldier the STA3 LMG is hell for enemies. Otherwise try to use the Helghast rifle, is less accurate than the ISA one, but it's more powerful.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:37 AM   #4
Led94

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtSephiroth View Post
The last thing Killzone 2 community needs is another shotgunner... (to the tell the truth I don't like the class)
There are a lot of them, and they always die from long and mid range.
I think the sniper is better. It depends on the situation you're into too...
If you're soldier the STA3 LMG is hell for enemies. Otherwise try to use the Helghast rifle, is less accurate than the ISA one, but it's more powerful.

if you're playing Radec Academy and Blood Graht there is definetely nothing better than the engineer class but the LMG is really good too and so is the sniper, the scout class is probably the better if you want to have more fun while playing. I on the other hand would stay away from the helghast rifle, it's terrible

Proudest plat: Killzone 2

Led94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #5
Kzone3

I've had no luck with the helghast rifle , I tried the shotgun yesterday and it was a big step up from the ISA rifle in terms of kills right now (even though it feels like the most sluggish gun). I don't have the sniper, yet though.

I think I need a bit more practice if I want to go after the 1% at this level, and also find weapons that suit me (that aren't RPG's ).
Old 11-04-2010, 11:42 PM   #6
Kzone3

So I found out the trick to being great is shooting without using the scope (oh, and being unpredictable). I've been playing in elite mode which is a great way to practice that skill. I have no doubt I'll be getting the 1% trophy next week. I'm pretty much good with any weapon like this.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:12 AM   #7
Kheapathic

Send a message via AIM to Kheapathic Send a message via Skype™ to Kheapathic

Awards Showcase Gold Submission   Guide Supplement Bronze   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Word of Mouth - Gold   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet Up   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

I prefer the Saboteur class. It takes a while to get used to their main weapon but once you do it's almost as good as a rifle. On top of that you get the proximity bombs which can be very useful when planting them in high traffic areas.

Looking for someone in SoCal (LA to SB to SD) for SFxTK (Vita) Ad-Hoc Trophy.
天および地球で私は神聖である
Kheapathic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:47 AM   #8
matlock49g

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Helping Hand   Community Gaming Event Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

@ Kzone3. Weapon choice really is a matter of personal preference. Spend some "quality' time using each of the various weapons until you find one or two, or maybe even three, that you are proficient at using. Ideally you will be good at wielding whatever weapon is available.

*Note*
Any weapon you can maintain a 2/1 or better kd/r with.

100%: AVP, Bioshock, Bioshock2, CoDBO, CoDBO II, CoDClassic, CoD MW2, CoD MW3, CoDWaW, F1 2010, GTAV, Infamous, Inf. 2, Inf. FoB, KZ HD, KZ2, KZ3, MGS4, Pure, RE5, RE6 (sucks!), Soldner X2:Final Prototype, The Chronicles of Riddick, Uncharted, Uncharted 2

Incomplete: Bioshock Inf. (76%), F1 2012 (97%), Mag (0%), Soldner-X: Himmelssturmer (80%), WipEout HD (85%),
matlock49g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #9
Vorum

Each weapon has its strengths and weaknesses depending on the situation. My preference was the smaller maps though so I was using the shotgun a lot. If you have the revolver you are set with a very nice weapon for long range as well. Couple that with the sentry bots and using the tacticians air support ability with engineer you can do a lot of damage.