Killzone SP = Superior

Requiem

Received the game earlier in the day from amazon. Started the campaign on hard, ran through the level and am impressed by the game play. I am surprised just how good the enemy AI is. Had to stop and figure out a strategy before i made my offense push. The recoil of the weapons feels spot on, you cant just strafe and have all your bullets go directly at what your reticle highlights. It reminds me of playing counter-strike. I especially love the statistic management of both offline and online play.

I am starting the 4th mission and so far I haven't had any experience of being bored of this game and the game is making my entire house rumble out of my system. If any complaint your partner AI is useless and this game is definitely missing a coop. I played 2 matches online and had fun. If you came into this forum asking the question if this game is good, the answer is yes. KZ3 cant wait!

I agree. The single player is pretty awesome! The AI is very good, you can't just shoot at them and expect to kill them, you kinda have to outwit them and take them down!:D I also like the challenge of elite mode...except for the last battle, that was a little more annoying than fun, but sure was rewarding:D I love the sound fx too, they did a fantastic job with that, it really feels like you're in the middle of a warzone with very little hope of survival! The guns look amazing, such realistic detail, that I kept thinking "If this gun actually existed in the real life, it would look like this", yeah, that's how good it looked:D As for online, only played like 2 matches (cousins' house), since my internet connection sucks and I would slow people down or something, so I played a lot of skirmish, and while it's fun, it's not quite as fun when you played enough to figure the AIs' finetic pattern.:( But, overall one of the best shooters ever made IMO. Killzone 3 is looking quite amazing as well.:D

Edited by Dreadnought190

I agree. The single player is pretty awesome! The AI is very good, you can't just shoot at them and expect to kill them, you kinda have to outwit them and take them down!:D I also like the challenge of elite mode...except for the last battle, that was a little more annoying than fun, but sure was rewarding:D I love the sound fx too, they did a fantastic job with that, it really feels like you're in the middle of a warzone with very little hope of survival! The guns look amazing, such realistic detail, that I kept thinking "If this gun actually existed in the real life, it would look like this", yeah, that's how good it looked:D As for online, only played like 2 matches (cousins' house), since my internet connection sucks and I would slow people down or something, so I played a lot of skirmish, and while it's fun, it's not quite as fun when you played enough to figure the AIs' finetic pattern.:( But, overall one of the best shooters ever made IMO. Killzone 3 is looking quite amazing as well.:D

from the sounds of it you really enjoy this game & have put a lot of hours into it, but you cant go for platinum because of your internet connection. you said that you slow people down, if i were you, i would probably try to boost all the online rewards & valor ranks, thus giving you platinum, in 1v1 or 2v2 games, because in games like that im guessing the lag would be manageable. & if your worried about getting caught just boost in a clan or do it on the dlc maps (i dont think they check clans or dlc maps). just suggesting :), because i would hate to have a game where i spent so long on but have it unplatinumed :)

from the sounds of it you really enjoy this game & have put a lot of hours into it, but you cant go for platinum because of your internet connection. you said that you slow people down, if i were you, i would probably try to boost all the online rewards & valor ranks, thus giving you platinum, in 1v1 or 2v2 games, because in games like that im guessing the lag would be manageable. & if your worried about getting caught just boost in a clan or do it on the dlc maps (i dont think they check clans or dlc maps). just suggesting :), because i would hate to have a game where i spent so long on but have it unplatinumed :)

Thanks for the advice and nice words, but unfortunately my internet connection is really, really terrible (bad experiences). I rarely even get signed into psn and takes ages to even download demos or trailers! I even lost a friend on psn, because I RARELY sign into psn. I only get signed if it's like 1 or 2 am. Even then I have to be lucky to get signed in at all! And I sometimes get randomly signed out, which could happen in a match, so I wouldn't wanna risk that. But, thanks anyways:D

I have now unlocked some weapons and medic class online. Love how it switches objectives in the same round, especially from body count or assassination to search and destroy shit is awesome. I am addicted to this game man its been so long since I had this feeling. I could not wait to get home and play some killzone 2.

i was browsing some features on killzone 3 and came up with this comparison to RAGE. Killzone 3 versus RAGE: HD Screenshot comparison - GamingBolt.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Previews and Blog sic!

• 4 weeks later...

best game i've ever played for sure, only thing i dont like (but used to like) is the pressing R3 to aim (if i remember correctly) i like it a while back because Haze was my first ever shooter game and it was exactly same controls so its easy to pick up, but i found KZ2 using that made it hard to master, which makes it hard to Plat xD

The campaign was very poorly done. There are some good points about it, the AI and the graphics were pretty good, but most of the game was a mess.

The music was like what you would expect of a cheesy Hollywood movie. The controls felt unresponsive and buggy. No, the "realism" excuse isn't a good excuse, because the game isn't realistic at all. I didn't know that a revolver weights as much as a rocket launcher and that you regenerate when you get shot.

The story was very bad, the characters were either unmemorable or downright annoying (like that Rico kid, who thinks he's cool because he's constantly swearing). The plot itself was very confusing, they didn't tell us anything about the Helghast at all for example, and it was just boring to follow. The dialog... was really awful, it's cheesier than even JRPGs and it tried so hard to make the characters look cool and badass, ultimately it fails and makes the characters or maybe even the whole storyline look like a complete joke.

The level design is also quite dull... not only because of the colors, but because of how stupid some set pieces are.

Overall it was a below average campaign with a good AI, nothing more to it. I can also rant about the multiplayer but I'll just leave it at that. I hope GG steps up his game in KZ3 because the series so far is just laughable.