Rate the trophy difficulty  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_5.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.24

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• 4 weeks later...

any thoughts at all on the difficulty yet? i think i will play this game once i finish off my tales of xillia platinum. im hoping there is nothing like those missions in no more heroes where you cant get hit. i love suda 51 games and had meant to patinum no more heroes but didnt bother since those missions killed its fun factor for me. lollipop chainsaw and shadows of the damned i found to be enjoyable patinums comparitively. i read about difficulties not stacking, thats unfortunate but not a deal breaker for me.

well i just got my platinum

honestly i love this game i think its a 10/10 perfect suda51 game

but for the trophy difficulty i gotta give it a 5/10... some challenges were frustrating but all it took was time... once u have ulti mondo yer set. this game wasnt difficult to platinum, but really really fun. im gonna keep it around.

s/o to everyone out there playing and going for platinum

Edited by abbotthayes

• 2 weeks later...

I posted my opinion in another thread, since at that moment there was no difficulty thread yet. So I will post it again here:

Ok, I just got the platinum. I would say this game could be a difficulty 6 or 7. I mean some of the challenge are actually hard and require a lot of patiente. Also since you need the 100 million in one go. well its take a bit of time to get them.

And if you are looking to "complete" all, not just the platinum. you will have to farm the money 3 times.

I ended up getting 200 millions, I farmed the money twice. Because I wanted the costumes for all girls. But I didnt do it a third time, since I have zero interest in the David costume that cost 100 millons.

:)

i give it a 3 too, looks way harder than it is

while you have to do 4+ playthroughs, the game is incredibly short, it only has like 6 or 7 real levels (which are only 10-15 minutes long), the rest of the 12 chapters are often just single boss fights

your main goal should be to reach the 100 million as soon as possible, so play through normal, unlock very hard, do all the short chapters that don't involve many fights or difficult bosses (chapter 1,2,3,5,8,10) on hard and if you can handle it very hard (you can switch difficulty any time on the map) and get some of the AAA ranks on sub events (motorcycle ride and the two turret missions)

depening on how good you are you should have 20-25 million, so you now need to grind out the 70+ million on chapter 1 very hard, but it will be well worth it. then do the rest of the hard/very hard missions and AAA ranks with the ulti-mondo costume (10 million) and dark booster (15 million)

while you don't need these to beat hard and very hard, it just makes things so much faster; with infinite blood you can just run through the levels and headshot or adrenalin burst everything, ending every encounter in 5-10 seconds. without these each encounter can take 1-2 minutes, time that is better used for grinding money on chapter 1 in very hard

the rest of the trophies are pretty straightforward and should pop randomly during the course of the game

Yeah, Ulti-Mondo and Dark Booster break the game, even Very Hard is not even close to a challenge with them.

I played through Normal and Hard all the way, and Very hard up to chapter 10 legit, then I started getting tired of the game and wanted it to be over, so I equipped the costumes and blazed through the rest, skipping cut-scenes.

Now I just have to grind 80 mil, not looking forward to that. Even grinding solo tomb raider xp took 10 times as long, but for some reason, seemed 100x less tedious.

I love this game, but I'm ready to move on to something else now. :D

4/10

I'd give it a 6 if this game wasn't fun to play, didn't have any trouble with the multiple walkthroughs, main story is short and sweet, getting AAA in everything isn't that tough, especially with the guide and all

the most frustrating part for me was the 20 rewards trophy, it's so boring never thought I'd get bored of staring at tits lol xD

I tried selling this because it's still somewhat new but there wasn't any store willing to buy it, they sell GTA for about 130$ but they won't pay me 20 bucks for KiD

Saudi Arabia man, what a bunch of douchebags

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Trophies for this game is awesome and enjoyable ! this game is so much fun and never gets boring .. all the trophies comes naturally and the thing is that i didn't grind for the 100 million or the rewards from the beauties ! i got the 100 M trophy before finishing the final ep in hard and very hard so thank Allah i didn't farm ,, i retry some eps for the AAA Rank so i got a lot of money ,, and the beauties the same thing i always do their eps after finishing the story ep , so when i finished everything i got 18 rewards from them ,, i played it more after the trophy pop cuz i wanted to see their new costumes <3

anyway anything in this game is easy especially for anyone played MGR :D .. really enjoyable and easy .. and the trophies icons is awesome btw as always from suda games ,,

the game is great but realllllllly short and the story is not that good ,, it's not like shadows of the damned .. but the art style and the characters and the battles system and the ost is epic everyone should play this game ,, i didn't know why there isn't people here to vote ? like there is a few people played this game here .. anyway i advice everyone when they want to finish the game on hard and very hard they should play every ep twice .. one time on hard and the second on very hard to finish that ep and never return to it .. it feels better ,, and yeah i finished the game on hard and very hard without using the ulit mondo or the dark booster u will not need it and u can save the money ,,

i voted 4 ^_^

3/10. Getting AAA rank and clearing Very Hard were surprisingly simple even without getting the Ulti-Mondo costume. Once you understand the combat the game becomes a breeze. Only thing annoying about getting this platinum is the tedious grinding for the $100 million, 20 rewards from the girls and 50 gifts given to the girls trophies.

Edited by Thedah

Voted 3. Not many people here got this game, huh?

While hard and very hard can be brutal at times there are no restrictions so ulti-mondo and dark booster can be used freely to make things a piece of cake.

AAA ranking things on east or normal difficulty isn't much of a problem and getting 100,000,000 is only boring if you make it boring. By the time I had my platinum lined up I was only 15million off.

My advice: Use a guide / don't waste a ton of money on the women because it hurts your overall goal. Just get the weapons and then focus on the game and it's basic trophies. The gigolo mission trophies should come last, after the 100mil.

That said I adored this game and I think it got more harsh criticism than it needed. Definitely suda51's best combat-based game and it has a fantastic soundtrack. Also, for anyone wanting to get more out of the story:

GlobeGander, Killer Is Chess: GOLD SIDE and Other Chess Allusions in Killer Is Dead

GlobeGander, Killer Is Chess: Chess Motifs in Killer Is Dead (BLACK SIDE)

These are fantastic reads and show the game in a much better light than most reviewers ever will.

Edited by TunnelingEffect

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd say the difficulty is a 5/10. Doing things like getting AAA ranks are really easy when you have the Ult-Mondo costume on and infinite blood which you can buy at the shop. Getting $100,000,000 isn't too bad when you farm the elevator mission on normal. Although the trophies for the Beauties are pretty annoying to do.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Gave it a 4/10.

Such a typical Suda51 game. Weird style and short amount of content. If u use Dark Burst, the Hard mode and the Very Hard mode gonna be a piece of cake. The side-missions and the Scarlet challenges are just for adding some play time but apparently not in good design.

The ladies are sexy but...nailing them over and over again is not that happy. By the way, why i can't get laid with Viviane....

The combat looks exciting, but in fact the combat system is made of the ones of Onimusha, Bayonetta, etc. And this game will really destroy your DualShock 3.

Because of Killer Is Dead, i give up Lollipop Chainsaw. I don't want to touch anymore a Suda51 game.

• 8 months later...

Voted 5 but i think is more a 4,5 . Did the normal playtrough ,and the Hard one, then grinded the 100M in freight elevator and the first episode. Bought the ultimondo and dark booster and the very hard mode was easier than the other difficulties.

As for submissions and challenges, the only pain would be reckless riding but just used the x+o strategy during the mission, memorized some of the obstacles and it didn't take that long.

Had an harder time with the combo challenge in which we have to guard.

Also the girl missions are damn boring :p Overall another SUDA51 cool game, and a nice platinum :D

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

This got a 5 from me.

Either i just didn't get this game or it just didn't gel with me either. On my first play-through i was so bored of the cut scenes, i just wanted to play and it just seemed to drag on and on and on!

As for the trophy set this was also very boring to me, it just seemed to repeat itself constantly. Sure getting AAA's on easy was nice, but the seducing missions... why?

If you see this cheap like i did, just avoid it seriously. In short the story made no sense, too many cut scenes and a very boring trophy list. :eek:

• 1 month later...

I voted a 5. The regular game and combat is fun. It comes down to getting the AAA rating on all the challenges. A few took me some practice, they are like mini games where the bonus costumes cant help you. Reckless Riding you have to hold both circle and X buttons the whole time to make it easier -.- I didn't like using the turret either.

There is a lot of grind too to get $100 million in cash too, but its more mind numbing than difficult.

I do like Suda51's games and it goes well with Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw. :D

• 2 months later...

I give it a 3.

Other then maybe a few missions which require a few attempts to AAA rank them most of them are really easy even on Very Hard if you have all the OP costumes otherwise you got a small little money grind which might be the next toughest thing. Overall a very Suda51 game in its craziness and its trophy list.

• 4 years later...

Difficulty 4

Time 30-35h

The hardest thing are some of the side quests to get AAA, main story is easy, even on Hard/Very Hard, since you do it after farming money and getting the super costume (Ulti Mondo) and the arm dark booster.

Farming is annyoing, not only is there 3 hours of money farming, but the Lady Mission Farming at the end is stupid, especially since the gifts for the ladies are insanely expensive. So dont buy anything you dont have to in the shop, or you will have to farm again :( 

Farming makes this 30-35h long. Playthrougs are quick if you use costumes (2-3h).