Platinum Difficulty Rating

funkyweed

Please rate the trophy difficulty...  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Please rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_6.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.19

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too bad, really. You can get 90% of the trophies just by playing, no need to specifically setting out to get a trophy. Sure, you need to do this for the collection but other than that not too much of a problem. Only issue is finding a 2nd controller if you don;t have one. One bronze trophy can keep you from plat.

I rated Katamari Forver a 7 out of 10 for difficulty.

Reasons:

- Cowbear is the bane of your existence, it will probably take you about 2-3 hours of straight tries to capture this annoyance and is quite difficult.

- There are no guides for collecting all of the items like most games that have collection trophies, due to this you must find most of the items on your list on your own or of the advice of others.

- Other than these two factors getting the platinum and other trophies is not all that difficult so it has some factors against it but it is not overly difficult in a complete sense.

I went with a 5. Like the second poster said, there are Youtube videos galore. The only real issue is the Cowbear, which is a nightmare, and the complete collection trophy. The others just take some time to get.

I also didn't like the 50k score on the punishment mini game. I don't think I am going to be able to get that.

I rated Katamari Forver a 7 out of 10 for difficulty.

Reasons:

- Cowbear is the bane of your existence, it will probably take you about 2-3 hours of straight tries to capture this annoyance and is quite difficult.

- There are no guides for collecting all of the items like most games that have collection trophies, due to this you must find most of the items on your list on your own or of the advice of others.

- Other than these two factors getting the platinum and other trophies is not all that difficult so it has some factors against it but it is not overly difficult in a complete sense.

What this guy say.

I was up all night, just for the COWBEAR. Took me about 23 times to find a route so that I could reach 8m 04cm 13mm. Now thats stressful.

• 2 weeks later...

I said 3/10. There aren't many challenges in this game that can't be accomplished in one or two tries.

The only really tough part is rolling up Cowbear to complete the collection (there really ought to be a trophy awarded just for that). It's difficult and somewhat frustrating to do, but with patience, strategy and some luck, anyone should be able to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave this a 6. If time consumption and boredom were not a factor, then I'd probably only give it a 3 or 4, since there are only a few things that are challenging (i.e. the cowbear). Nevertheless, I found this game incredibly tedious towards the end, when I was going for the final items in my collection.

• 4 weeks later...

This was a very fun and rewarding platinum. I got as much of the collection as I could on my own, but the fine folks at Katamari on the Web basically know how to get every item, and they helped me complete the collection.

Skillwise, getting the Cowbear was a little challenging. Getting the Devil Kataoka was a little challenging. Beating the punishment mini-game was a little challenging. Having to go through Wake up the King numerous times to search for those last few disappearing planets was a pain in the butt. But nothing was really "hard."

It's a toss-up between a 4 and a 5 for me. I guess I'll give it a 5, but it's definitely not harder than that.

I gave this a 6. If time consumption and boredom were not a factor, then I'd probably only give it a 3 or 4, since there are only a few things that are challenging (i.e. the cowbear). Nevertheless, I found this game incredibly tedious towards the end, when I was going for the final items in my collection.

I auctully agree. To be honest.

If i were to rate this game in general i would give it a 7. But if we are talking about Platinums i would say 6 aswel. I mean the challenges were hard really the Cowbear, and the Devil were painful, but i kind of found it repetitive when i was done with Drive mode and after Eternal i was really really tired of the game. Do not get me wrong Katamari forever is a fun tribute game, but the items lead it to be harder than it should be at times. If anything i hope in next years game there is a total Revamp of new levels, and new chellenges.

i went for a 4

it is kinda time consuming but the hardest part 'the cowbear' is easy when you know how,

i followed the same route as a video guide and then its just a case of snaggin the bastard, now that i have done it i would easily and happily do it again (if forced :D).

the game is fun unique and good trophy wise

i went for a 4

it is kinda time consuming but the hardest part 'the cowbear' is easy when you know how,

i followed the same route as a video guide and then its just a case of snaggin the bastard, now that i have done it i would easily and happily do it again (if forced :D).

the game is fun unique and good trophy wise

I have to disagree, :think:i would rate this a 6 or 7 because of the cowbear, devil tokaota and the 4000 odd items you have to get, not to mention a MINIMUM 4 playthroughs (more like 7 or 8 if you want that enormous katamari and the completionist trophy)

Anyroad: i just got my Platinum.

" ...and there was much rejoice!...":dance:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I give this game an 8...Reasons are simple...I think I spent the better part of 3 days just finding the last 60 items i needed, secondly getting the 2,000,000 size Katamari makes no sense at all....I tried everything under the sun all the advice and i still dont know what made me get it...Played the level to get it probably 30 times trying different things like more stardust, more planets from mp, and got all the comets on all the robo king levels and it still after all this took me countless tries....I have never played Katamari games b4......This is a pretty hard plat IMO...The level of persistance required to get some of these trophies is so demanding and boring.....

as its been said, the collection trophy is the only think keeping me from this. that and 50k on punishment. i literally got 300 points away and a cheap boulder out of nowhere blindsided me. i raged. other than that its a fantastic game with an even better soundtrack. the we love katamari OST is on my ipod haha. listening to king of kings song as i type. so its a 5 for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gets a 4 from me.. Not all that hard to get.. Just collecting is the main pain in the butt and thats where all the 4 points goes to.

Since I played the other titles in the Kata series this is no trouble for me. I do admit..

Cowbear..

Ugh.

Otherwise a wonderful game

• 1 month later...

6 sounds about right.

Cowbear can be pretty tough, it took me a couple hours and I got pretty lucky when I rolled it up.

Completing the collection isn't easy, I probably wouldn't have been able to without the guides. It doesn't take much skill in the traditional sense, but it does require good attention to detail. I got up to 99% on my own, then made a checklist of what I needed, noted their locations and just went after them one by one.

Endurer is annoying but will come with persistence.

I'm voting a 5 and I'm a Katamari veteran. The game honestly is an endurance round. It is essentially not that hard to get any item besides the Cowbear (even Devil Kataoka or whatever I got within 2 attempts when trying to get him). Having to play the levels so many times, no exact guides to where items are (without some tedious searching both in game, on google, and on Katamari on the web), and the hardest trophy in my eyes, enormous katamari make the game really draining each time you get close to 2,000,000.

It really isn't difficult in the traditional sense of other games because essentially I think this could be achieved by most people but it definitely takes a different kind of endurance that only really big katamari fans would be able to handle. Endurer is also just random luck but not too bad if you use Drive.

• 2 months later...

This was number 50 for me. I voted a 7. It is a challenging game in both difficulty and patience. The cowbear wasn't too bad because I focused on it early. I was able to complete the collection with a combination of tips from this site, as well as, the katamari forums. Use L1 to find the tiny cosmos planets like the three from Limited to 50 planets. I did enjoy the challenge, and the break from the norm.