The Cowbear is a whore

Mendel

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL.

HERE is a walkthrough from Katamari on the Web, though it hasn't really done much for me. There are some YouTube videos out there as well of the "We Love Katamari" level.

I had to take a break from this game for a little while... I've played the cowbear stage probably 100 times in the past 3 days... several times getting up over the 7m mark before rolling up a pylon or a calf or some BS. That mutant's keeping me from platinum right now.

Edited by jqtaxpayer

Update: I got the stupid cowbear last night, although it's still a filthy whore. I used the strategy in that link in the second post, and once I could consistently get 6000-7000 points, it was just a matter of time. I can try to help more if people need it.

Once I got the essence of the strategy - first get to the just-below-5 mark, knock away the Kintaro Bear bodyguards, then get to 8 and roll up the Cowbear (or was it bearcow?) - it only took me 'bout 10-12 tries. I had one really annoying failure, though... when I was just about the 7.7 mark, I rolled up a porta-potty on a small island, only to find out that there was, apparently, a Cow-man INSIDE it. Which I had literally no way of seeing. >_<

• 2 weeks later...

I think everyone hates that level. The satisfaction when you finally get Cowbear, though, is outstanding!

One thing that consistently gave me problems is the winged cow standing on one of the islands. Go near it once, and it'll harass you for the rest of the stage, attempting to fly into your Katamari and get rolled up.

OK, so I've knocked over the damn cowbear three times after charging up and rushing him :mad: So, just to clarify, I do need to rush him, right? I'm guessing that I'm supposed to rush him and if I knock him over, I'm supposed to recover and go pick him up. Is this correct?... Man, this thing really is a dirty whore...

OK, so I've knocked over the damn cowbear three times after charging up and rushing him :mad: So, just to clarify, I do need to rush him, right? I'm guessing that I'm supposed to rush him and if I knock him over, I'm supposed to recover and go pick him up. Is this correct?... Man, this thing really is a dirty whore...

Hmm knock him over and roll him up.. I've tried to knock him a thousand times, but I always roll something else.. >< but meh, I need a rest from that thing..

Well, I finally got him. I'll answer my own question, in the hopes that it saves you all some frustration: Yes, you can go pick up the cowbear after you've knocked him over. I never got my katamari big enough to just swoop him up when I rushed him, so I had to knock him over and go fetch him. Good luck to anybody going for this beast.

• 3 weeks later...
I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS AIASNÑUIOASBDUA

I rushed him and knocked him over and picked up a frickin' cow umbrella instead! :mad:

Edit: Got him, I was already losing it ><

I know that part really made me angry to be honest a good tactic is to use Slo-Bros movie, but also pick up a few extra things so that way you can quickly pick up the dolphins and sharks then head over to the river where you can get the cowbear.

I swear Cowbear costed me 4 hours of my time no joke lol.

Well, the Cowbear was the only thing left I had to collect. Unfortunately for me, I really despise that level. I had to wait about 2 months and play other games before finally being able to tolerate that level again. Took an hour, but I finally picked up the Cowbear and my plat.

I really hate that bear near the wrestling ring. Ended three straight runs by deciding he wanted to walk into my katamari. I would be just collecting stuff and then out of nowhere, that bear comes in from the side of the screen and just walks into my katamari.

The thing is getting big enough to catch him AND, getting to the location where the frickin' mutant is without rolling cows or bears. Once you're in position you have to dash him and pick him up. There's a video in page 1 or 2, you should watch it, it's pretty useful.