The "Where Do I Find [ITEM]?" Thread

jqtaxpayer

Inspired by x360a.org member ZoopSoul's immensely helpful thread in the Beautiful Katamari forum, I decided to create a thread where we can help each other find the last few items we need to reach 100% completion.

Instructions:

Please use the following format: CATEGORY / PAGE # / ROW # / SLOT # - NAME

Example: Food / Page 1 / Row 1 / Slot 3 - Hamburger

Item names can be found here: KF - Item List

If you find the item yourself, please edit your post with where you found it (level and location).

Keep in mind that other individuals may be looking for the same item.

Please check the thread to verify that what you are requesting hasn't already been found.

Failure to do so is a waste of our time and yours.

Item Search:

Also try Katamari On The Web Search.

In the field marked "Search all forums", select "KF Help". "KD Help", "WLK Help" and "BK Help" may also prove useful, given that the items are in the same locations in the games in which the Katamari Forever levels originally appeared.

Addtional Resources:

Cousin Locations (Katamari On The Web)

Present Locations (Katamari On The Web)

Video Walkthroughs (We Want Katamari Videos!)

Special Thanks: ZoopSoul, Mendel_Skimmel, UnholyInfinity and Vix.

Edited by jqtaxpayer
Added links / updated instructions.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I might as well start this off, and I'm going to post a bunch.

Vegetables/Page 2/Row 2/Slot 1

Vegetables/Page 2/Row 2/Slot 4

Fruit/Page 3/Row 1/Slot 3

Food/Page 2/Row 1/Slot 1

Food/Page 2/Row 2/Slot 7

Food/Page 3/Row 1/Slot 3

Food/Page 3/Row 1/Slot 4

i haven't played any katamari games before this one so for those who have: are the levels from the old games exactly as they were before? like all the same items at the same places...cause then you could use itemguides for the previous games if item names and locations are the same

There are some slight differences, but the same strategies still work. One notable issue is that in this particular game there's only one starting position for every level, whereas in Beautiful Katamari you had several options as to where to start (one of the major drawbacks to this title for me, I'll add).

Check out THIS THREAD at x360a.org, where ZoopSoul has linked his YouTube site, which includes video walkthroughs for getting 100 points in all of the BK levels. Very helpful for the RoboKing Cosmos levels.

Alright, I might as well start this off, and I'm going to post a bunch.

Vegetables/Page 2/Row 2/Slot 1

Vegetables/Page 2/Row 2/Slot 4

Fruit/Page 3/Row 1/Slot 3

Food/Page 2/Row 1/Slot 1

Food/Page 2/Row 2/Slot 7

Food/Page 3/Row 1/Slot 3

Food/Page 3/Row 1/Slot 4

Vegetables / Page 2 / Row 2 / Slot 1: Rare Spinach

Level Found: Shopping (Supermarket)

Location: Directly behind the regular spinach, next to a Jack O' Lantern ("Halloween Pumpkin").

Fruit / Page 3 / Row 1 / Slot 3: Canned Fruits Section, 55cm8mm

Food / Page 2 / Row 2 / Slot 7: Canned Foods Section, 41cm5mm

Location: I think these are on the shelves in the middle of the store. Once you get big enough in the Supermarket, you start rolling up sections rather than individual items.

Food / Page 2 / Row 1 / Slot 1: Long French Bread 1m41cm9mm

Location: Leaning up against the bakery section, you need to be rather large to grab it.

Food / Page 3 / Row 1 / Slot 3: Daughter's Bowl, 22cm2mm

Food / Page 3 / Row 1 / Slot 4: Son's Bowl, 22cm2mm

I'll get back to you when I find out exactly where these are, but they're in the Shopping level.

EDIT:

Vegetables / Page 2 / Row 2 / Slot 4: Green Pepper Box

Level Found: Calories (Supermarket)

Edited by jqtaxpayer
Found item.

Still looking for the following... nothing! 100% collection!

FOUND ITEMS:

School / Page 1 / Row 1 / Slot 3 - Japanese Textbook

Art / Page 4 / Row 1 / Slot 2 - Garden

Location: Co-op In The World (#3), next to starting position.

Heroes / Page 2 / Row 1 / Slot 6 - Thief's Mask

Location: MAS 10, as you enter the second area, hang a left and it's against a wall where a man is selling a selection of masks.

Advertising / Page 5 / Row 1 / Slot 7 - Telephone Pole Ad

Location: Make a Star 10, high up on a telephone pole next to the tunnel.

Industry / Page 1 / Row 1 / Slot 8 - Azuki Building

Adults / Page 2 / Row 2 / Slot 5 - Man

Location: Cowbear, on a hill to the left of the garage where you find one of that levels presents.

Fruit / Page 2 / Row 1 / Slot 1 - Giant Peach

Evil / Page 1 / Row 2 / Slot 4 - Blue Oni Mask

Location: Sumo level, from starting position, head over the bridge... a boy sitting at a table is wearing the mask.

Playground / Page 1 / Row 1 / Slot 6 - 12

Location: Didn't even realize I'd picked this up, I think it's in Make The Moon.

Cold / Page 2 / Row 1 / Slot 4 - New Snow

Location: Snowman, largest snow drifts against houses, need to be very large.

Guidance / Page 1 / Row 2 / Slot 7 - Campground Map

Fantasy / Page 1 / Row 2 / Slot 2 - Cowbear

Location: It's running around the track on the Cowbear level... can't miss it, but it's getting big enough to grab it that's the tricky part.

Edited by jqtaxpayer
Amended "FOUND ITEMS"

Snowman stage - Keep rolling around and around and around until you are able to pick up the Mammoth that is frozen in the ice. Once you have done that, roll a couple more times and then roll up against the side of the house that is in front of the Christmas tree. The New Snow is there.

Sumo stage - At the start of the level, go across the bridge. All three Oni masks are on the three guys that are sitting behind the table.

Guidance / Page 1 / Row 2 / Slot 7 - (UNKNOWN)

That one is called Campground Map. I believe it is found on the Camp stage, but you have to be pretty big to roll it up (4m 23cm 4mm). I really dislike that stage, so I really don't feel like going back to check.

I know this one is on the Cowbear stage and you have to be pretty big to pick him up (something like 8m if I remember right). I just don't know if he's found somewhere else.

Edited by Rampidzier

Found:

Stationary / Page 1 / Row 1 / Item 8 - Paper Clip (I know I probably should already have this)

Make a Star 3 - On the table near the window.

Flowers / Page 1 / Row 1 / Item 4 - Chrysanthemum

Flowers / Page 1 / Row 1 / Item 5 - Chukka

Shopping - Both are on the wall at the flower shop.

Fashion / Page 1 / Row 1 / Item 3 - Thermal Underwear

Fashion / Page 1 / Row 2 / Item 4 - Long Blue Socks

Hot Stuff - Go outside, cross the first bridge and then cross the second bridge. There will be a guy laying down on a tiger rug along the riverbank. He is surrounded by clothes. These two can be found there.

Decorations / Page 3 / Row 1 / Item 5 - Food Sample

I picked this one up somewhere. Probably was on the Shopping stage, but I can't be sure.

Lighting / Page 2 / Row 1 / Item 2 - Fluorescent Bulb

School - Have to be big to get it. Apparently there are two of them and they both look the same, so make sure to jump and grab all of the lights.

Art / Page 4 / Row 2 / Item 6 - Truck

Make a Star 9 - Driving around in the area past the amusement park.

Furniture / Page 2 / Row 1 / Item 5 - Bookshelf

Medium Just Right - In the classroom across the bathroom. You have to be big enough to roll it up, but if you are too big, the King will end the stage on you.

Decorations / Page 1 / Row 2 / Item 5 - Origami Chain

Wake up the King - Inside the movie studio. Don't be too big when you enter or else it won't appear.

Hot / Page 1 / Row 1 / Item 6 - Boiler Room

Make a Star 11 - Inside the 3m town, next to the hot springs.

Edited by Rampidzier

These are the items I'm missing, along with what Katamari On The Web asserts that they are:

Art / Page 4 / Row 1 / Slot 2 - Garden

Heroes / Page 2 / Row 1 / Slot 6 - (UNKNOWN)

School / Page 1 / Row 1 / Slot 3 - Japanese Textbook

Playground / Page 1 / Row 1 / Slot 6 - 12

Industry / Page 1 / Row 1 / Slot 8 - (UNKNOWN)

Advertising / Page 5 / Row 1 / Slot 7 - Telephone Pole Ad

Guidance / Page 1 / Row 2 / Slot 7 - (UNKNOWN)

Adults / Page 2 / Row 2 / Slot 5 - Man?

I'm guessing New Snow was one of the snowdrifts in the Snowman level and I somehow missed it. I'm thinking Garden is the area in front of the mansion, but I'm having trouble pulling it up. I remember seeing the number 12 on a giant clock on the ground but can't remember which level it shows up in. Cowbear is obvious enough, it's just a super PITA to get.

Regardless, I'd appreciate some help on these if anyone can give it.

Just off the top of my head, the blue oni mask is in the sumo level, there are three people sitting behind a table and they're all wearing different colored oni masks.

These are the items I'm missing, along with what Katamari On The Web asserts that they are:

Make the Moon - on the peace of green you start on at the edge there are pineapples and giant peaches

Here's the first batch of what I'm missing:

Stationary / Page 1 / Row 1 / Item 8 - Paper Clip (I know I probably should already have this)

Make a Star 3 - Rich:

in the room you start at on the table by the window near the phonograph

Edited by UnholyInfinity

Decorations / Page 3 / Row 1 / Item 5 - Food Sample

Furniture / Page 2 / Row 1 / Item 5 - Bookshelf

Flowers / Page 1 / Row 1 / Item 5 - Chukka

Lighting / Page 2 / Row 1 / Item 2 - Fluorescent Bulb

Art / Page 4 / Row 2 / Item 6 - Truck

Paper Clip - Someone else pointed out that this is in the Rich level... I think I found this in the first co-op level as well.

Chukka - this is in the corner of the supermarket between the front door and the produce section near the florist. It's a blue flower, you must've missed it while getting the others.

Fluorescent Bulb - This is in the School level... you've got to get really big and before grabbing your last student, go back into the big classroom and jump. It's hanging from the ceiling.

Truck - Just got this one yesterday... you've got to be pretty big to grab it. I believe I ended up getting this one in the Energy stage driving around in an area just beyond the amusement park.

Edited by jqtaxpayer
Wrong about the long blue socks...

Chukka - this is in the corner of the supermarket between the front door and the produce section near the florist. It's a blue flower, you must've missed it while getting the others.

is also there

Found:

Reading 1-1-8 storybook

shopping - where the instruments are

Roadways 2-2-4 carriageway

make a moon the bridge connection to the mountainthing with a parking lot on it

Weird Things 1-1-7 large puzzle

tutorial yeah -.-

Police 1-2-1 police signboard

Festival 2-2-4 christmas ring

(see post below)

Art 1-2-8 child's graffiti

Houses 1-1-1 red doghouse

Partitions 2-1-4 concrete cover

Partitions 2-1-6 steel cover

Advertising 6-2-5 cream puffs sign

Advertising 6-2-6 water pump ad

make a star 10 all in the starting area

Heroes 1-2-1 v-yellow

Heroes 2-1-6 thief's mask

found both heroes mask in make a star 10 after 45cm downhill then left past the fortune teller there are a bunch of masks on the wall

Plants 4-1-1 violet tree

Plants 4-1-2 cherry blossom tree

make a star 11 after 12m go around the shore clockwise from the startpoint and you reach both trees

Lighting 1-1-6 green candle

Lighting 1-1-7 orange candle

make a star 8 just as you start go up in the corner where the microwave is

Furniture 2-1-5 bookshelf

medium just-right room opposite to the bathroom but you need to be quite big

Advertising 5-1-7 telephone pole ad

make a star 10 after 1,5m attached to the pole right in front of the tunnel

Symbols 1-2-1 senior driver sign

Make A Star 8, outside the little building surrounded by road in the under 50cm area

School 4-2-2 junior high school clock

School 4-2-3 komon school sign

make the moon at the schoolsite

Electronics 1-1-5 v1 toy

Electronics 1-1-7 v2 toy

Electronics 1-2-1 v3 toy

wake the king by the kid where the businessmen are running around

Nature 3-1-3 pigeon town

make a moon well it's a small island once your big enought

School 1-1-3 japanese textbook

small just-right on the table in the corner

Teenagers 4-1-3 bookworm

wake the king lying by the river near the templearea

Games 2-1-8 cherry land arcade

"Cherry Land Arcade" is in "Wake Up The King" -- it's a long, yellow building in the snowy mountainside recess behind the Rich house.

thx@everyone :)

Edited by UnholyInfinity

is also there

some of the ones i'm missing:

Reading 1-1-8 storybook

Electronics 1-1-5 v1 toy

Electronics 1-1-7 v2 toy

Electronics 1-2-1 v3 toy

Heroes 1-2-1 v-yellow

The Police Signboard is in Make A Star 10 (RoboKing), it's a long wooden plank with Japanese lettering on it. There's two of them leading up to an area with a couple of policemen, a group of pigeons, a handful of handcuffs and a table, which has another Signboard leaning up against it.

The Christmas Ring is a Christmas wreath... you'll find it on the craggy white mountains that overlook the Beautiful Katamari town. You can get this in the Energy level, and several others.

V-Yellow is in the TV station on the Wake Up The King level... get to about 1.5m and go in there and you'll see him standing around with his brothers.

Edited by jqtaxpayer

I remember these 2 can be get at King's Hot stuff.Go out side its on the riverbank on grasses with a guy sleeping on the tiger rug.

I'm down to only 4 items missing, and I know the locations of two of them.

EDIT: Only item I am missing now is CowBear.

First of all, the two that I have no clue about:

Advertising / Page 5 / Row 1 / Slot 2: Bar Sign (Rare) - 7m45cm

EDIT: FOUND! Stage: Make the Moon - As soon as you hit 12m go past the 12m barrier and head towards the city across the water. This sign is on the side of one of the tall buildings there.

Advertising / Page 5 / Row 1 / Slot 3: Peacock Lounge Sign - 7m45cm

EDIT: FOUND! Stage: Large Just-right - This sign is on the side of the tallest building in the center of the town directly in front of you when you start the level. Not sure how I managed to miss this one, when you hit the building all of the signs fall off, so maybe it can disappear when that happens?

And the two that I already know, these are probably just the most difficult items to get in the game, or at least they are to me. I'll list where I know to find them, and if anyone knows of another location where they appear that is easier to get them then please tell me.

Romance / Page 1 / Row 2 / Slot 3: Devil Kataoka (Rare) - 2m11cm2mm

The only location I know for this is in the "Hot Stuff" stage, but it is extremely difficult to get large enough to pick him up without failing the stage.

EDIT: Got him, actually wasn't as hard as I thought, I had never actually tried to get big enough for him, but just did it successfully on my first real attempt.

Fantasy / Page 1 / Row 2 / Slot 2: CowBear - 7m77cm7mm

The only location I know for this one is in the "Cows and Bears" stage. The strategy I have been using to try and get him is as follows. I get to about 4m80cm then go sit next to the pit stop on the race track. When the CowBear passes the two Kintaro Bears that are in front and behind him are scared by me but the CowBear keeps going, once the CowBear has passed I go knock out the to Kintaro Bears then let them run away, leaving the stage. After this I continue collecting items to get larger than 7m77cm7mm so that I can get the CowBear, then head back to the pit stop again to wait for it. The problem with this is that I always accidentally pick up a cow or bear (blasted cow pylons) before I am large enough, and the one time that I did manage to get large enough time ran out before I was able to get the CowBear. Does anyone have a better strategy than this for trying to get it?

Edited by Seiryu
Found Bar Sign & Peacock Lounge Sign

I finally got Devil Kataoka. The only piece of advice I can give you is this: After you pick up Devil Kataoka, there's an object on the stage that is near him called a Sacred Torch. It's on the same side of the bridge as Devil Kataoka, but instead of turning right to get to Devil Kataoka, you turn left to get to the Sacred Torch. I got about 10,000C just from picking that one object up. You have to be really big to pick it up, so just as long as you survive on the stage, you can defeat it normally by picking up that one object.

Edited by Rampidzier

I'm down to only 4 items missing, and I know the locations of two of them.

First of all, the two that I have no clue about:

Advertising / Page 5 / Row 1 / Slot 2: Bar Sign (Rare) - 7m45cm

Advertising / Page 5 / Row 1 / Slot 3: Peacock Lounge Sign - 7m45cm

And the two that I already know, these are probably just the most difficult items to get in the game, or at least they are to me. I'll list where I know to find them, and if anyone knows of another location where they appear that is easier to get them then please tell me.

Romance / Page 1 / Row 2 / Slot 3: Devil Kataoka (Rare) - 2m11cm2mm

The only location I know for this is in the "Hot Stuff" stage, but it is extremely difficult to get large enough to pick him up without failing the stage.

Fantasy / Page 1 / Row 2 / Slot 2: CowBear - 7m77cm7mm

The only location I know for this one is in the "Cows and Bears" stage. The strategy I have been using to try and get him is as follows. I get to about 4m80cm then go sit next to the pit stop on the race track. When the CowBear passes the two Kintaro Bears that are in front and behind him are scared by me but the CowBear keeps going, once the CowBear has passed I go knock out the to Kintaro Bears then let them run away, leaving the stage. After this I continue collecting items to get larger than 7m77cm7mm so that I can get the CowBear, then head back to the pit stop again to wait for it. The problem with this is that I always accidentally pick up a cow or bear (blasted cow pylons) before I am large enough, and the one time that I did manage to get large enough time ran out before I was able to get the CowBear. Does anyone have a better strategy than this for trying to get it?

Devil Kataoka was a source of frustration for me too... still haven't successfully landed the Cowbear.

Edited by jqtaxpayer

is also there

all that's left:

Reading 1-1-8 storybook

Electronics 1-1-5 v1 toy

Electronics 1-1-7 v2 toy

Electronics 1-2-1 v3 toy

School 1-1-3 japanese textbook

School 4-2-2 junior high school clock

School 4-2-3 komon school sign

Symbols 1-2-1 senior driver sign

Houses 1-1-1 red doghouse

Partitions 2-1-4 concrete cover

Partitions 2-1-6 steel cover

Roadways 2-2-4 carriageway

Nature 3-1-3 pigeon town

Teenagers 4-1-3 bookworm

Weird Things 1-1-7 large puzzle

Found:

(see post below)

not sure where

Heroes 1-2-1 v-yellow

found both heroes mask in make a star 10 after 45cm downhill then left past the fortune teller there are a bunch of masks on the wall

Plants 4-1-1 violet tree

Plants 4-1-2 cherry blossom tree

make a star 11 after 12m go around the shore clockwise from the startpoint and you reach both trees

make a star 8 just as you start go up in the corner where the microwave is

Furniture 2-1-5 bookshelf

medium just-right room opposite to the bathroom but you need to be quite big

Advertising 5-1-7 telephone pole ad

make a star 10 after 1,5m attached to the pole right in front of the tunnel

"Red Doghouse" is in Make A Star 7 (or whichever one you start under the car with the rats). You'll see a bulldog rolling around and there will be a piggy bank inside. I actually got this after leaving the area and then reaching 5m and wiggling the katamari around until I grabbed it.

"Steel Cover" is in the same area... it's a grating that runs in the gutters of the first area; there's a RoboKing Heart underneath one of them. You've got to get big to snag them... when you're able to grab those Police Signboards you're getting close.

"Large Puzzle Piece" is in the Tutorial, it's one of the few items in the stage. You must've been too eager! :p

I forget which level the "Senior Driving Sign" is in, but it's a flat badge that's vaguely in the shape of an arrow and is colored red and yellow. It's a small object, and it's in the street, but, again, don't remember which level.

PS: Thanks for the Thief's Mask!

EDIT: "Cherry Land Arcade" is in "Wake Up The King" -- it's a long, yellow building in the snowy mountainside recess behind the Rich house.

Edited by jqtaxpayer
PS, EDIT

I think, and this is only my vague memory, I think I picked up the Garden on Co-op stage 2. I could be completely wrong though. All I know is that I have it unlocked.

Oh and:

Make a Star 10 (I think, it's the one with the rats under the car) - In the starting area, along one of the walls just past the slide.

Same stage, same area, it's on the stand that is near the car.

Found:

Wake up the King - Inside the movie studio. Don't be too big when you enter or else it won't appear.

Heroes / Page 2 / Row 1 / Item 3 - Wrestler

Cowbear - Around the wrestling ring.

Advertising / Page 5 / Row 1 / Item 6 - Red Convenience Store Sign

Wake up the King - After you hit 3m, leave the city and follow the railroad tracks until you reach a tunnel. The sign is attached to a building nearby.

Plants / Page 2 / Row 2 / Item 8 - Horsetail

Small Just Right - On top of the bed.

Sewing / Page 1 / Row 2 / Item 1 - Sewing Box

Medium Just Right - Inside the classroom north of the classroom you start off in, if I remember right.

Make a Star 11 - Inside the 3m town, next to the hot springs.

Japan / Page 1 / Row 2 / Item 5 - Shrine Hut

Make a Star 11 - Once you get inside the 3m town, follow the river towards the ocean. You should see a bunch of Kanto Gates leading you towards an island. It's on the island.

Symbols / Page 1 / Row 1 / Item 8 - New Driver Sign

I don't know when I rolled this up, but I did somehow. I think I did it on Make a Star 11, but I don't know for sure. If I did, it would be in the 3m town.

Animals / Page 2 / Row 2 / Item 2 - Giraffe Stag Beetle

Make a Star 3 - On the potted plant in the corner of the room you start off in.

Aquarium / Page 2 / Row 2 / Item 7 - Giant Jellyfish

Make a Star 9 - In the 3m town, follow the race track until it branches off in between the stands. Follow that road and the Giant Jellyfish are in the ocean.

Workers / Page 1 / Row 1 / Item 8 - Ant

Make a Star 1 - Around the table you start off on. I don't know how I missed that the first 10 times I played that stage.

School / Page 1 / Row 1 / Item 7 - History Textbook

Make a Star 8 - The history textbooks are being read by kids in the area after the window drop. You have to be able to roll up the kids to also be able to pick up the textbooks.

School / Page 4 / Row 1 / Item 5 - Elementary School

School / Page 4 / Row 1 / Item 6 - Elementary School Clock

Make the Moon - Past the 12m area, there's a city that has a bridge leading out of it. The Elementary School and the clock are at the end of that bridge.

Edited by Rampidzier

So, I just want to say one thing...

:mad:OX ARE NOT COWS!!!:mad:

What were they thinking!? Why does picking up an Ox on "Cows and Bears" make the king scream "COW!!!"? :confused:

The reason for this rant is because I just got screwed...

I just had my best play of "Cows and Bears" ever, I was big enough to get CowBear and had 2 minutes left on the clock, got into position with no problem, waited for him, then CowBear came and I hit him so he went flying, then started rolling towards him to pick him up and guess what... and Ox rammed straight into me and ended the level. That freaking CowBear is the last item I need to have a platinum in this game and I have been trying to get it for hours. I just about threw my controller at the TV when that Ox hit me. I think I need to take a break from this for a bit before I go nuts...

So, I just want to say one thing...

:mad:OX ARE NOT COWS!!!:mad:

What were they thinking!? Why does picking up an Ox on "Cows and Bears" make the king scream "COW!!!"? :confused:

The reason for this rant is because I just got screwed...

I just had my best play of "Cows and Bears" ever, I was big enough to get CowBear and had 2 minutes left on the clock, got into position with no problem, waited for him, then CowBear came and I hit him so he went flying, then started rolling towards him to pick him up and guess what... and Ox rammed straight into me and ended the level. That freaking CowBear is the last item I need to have a platinum in this game and I have been trying to get it for hours. I just about threw my controller at the TV when that Ox hit me. I think I need to take a break from this for a bit before I go nuts...

Oxen and cows are the same animals... oxen are just castrated bulls.

Nonetheless, I feel your pain... last night I was around the 7m mark or so, the cowbear's headed straight for me... I punch the analog sticks... BAM! F***ING COW PYLON! :mad: