Does Katamari Forever still have lags/have slowdowns during gameplay?

Ashlee

I played the PSP version and I loved it! I want to buy the PS3 version but I read that it has slowdowns all the time during gameplay! Is that true? Has Capcom fixed it with updates? If true, Is it really annoying? Please answer me as soon as possible so I can order my game from Amazon sooner :o

• 1 month later...

Oh, I think I know what these reviewers mean, it's nitpicking, and nothing annoying while playing the game. When there are too much happening on the screen it will slow down a tiny bit at times, especially when you grow, but again, this is nothing I was annoyed with. They can't really fix it, except removing items from the game, and I rather they don't.

• 1 month later...

It does log at certain points. The lag itself isn't so bad, but it stops you from being able to dash, which is the real problem with it. On my "Wake Up the King" runs, when I'd get to about 300m, I couldn't dash much. And as you grow bigger, you can't dash at all. It isn't until you get to 3km that the lag will stop and you can dash again.

It does log at certain points. The lag itself isn't so bad, but it stops you from being able to dash, which is the real problem with it. On my "Wake Up the King" runs, when I'd get to about 300m, I couldn't dash much. And as you grow bigger, you can't dash at all. It isn't until you get to 3km that the lag will stop and you can dash again.

Well, that isn't really only due to "lag". It's called frame drop, not lag. Anyways, what this person talks about doesn't really have much to do with frame drop, but rather about how the game is programmed and there isn't enough friction/grip to get any good dashes at certain heights and places. The frame rate in this game isn't really that bad, it just drops sometimes when there's too much on the screen, nothing really bad. It's totally playable, and I personally have never been bothered about this. Was like this on PS2 too.