General Trophy Discussion

olsen77

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
i picked it up but haven't played it yet. is this a remake? i remember playing a very similar game when i was a kid, probably the same one. it was black and white and they were almost like stick men, i think in the mid eighties. had the same game play and the eagles too.

It's a remake, yeah. The original was not black and white or stick figures though. It was colorful - well, as colorful as an Apple II game could be - and figured fantastic animation of realistic (not stick figure) people. The guy who created the game, Jordan Mechner, took the animation techniques from the game and created a little series called "Prince of Persia" from them.

I can't comment on the trophies for this game at all as I have only played the demo. I didn't care for it, despite loving the original game, so haven't played the full game.

Tabe

I've played the game for 2-3 hours now and have 10/12 trophies, I've really enjoyed it.

The two I'm missing are Love Conquers All (S), which I'm pretty sure I'll do in a couple more runs, and Way of the Karateka (G), which is going to be really tough. Practice practice practice....

I've played the game for 2-3 hours now and have 10/12 trophies, I've really enjoyed it.

The two I'm missing are Love Conquers All (S), which I'm pretty sure I'll do in a couple more runs, and Way of the Karateka (G), which is going to be really tough. Practice practice practice....

Hahaha, those were the exact two trophies that I ended up obtaining last as well. If you're having trouble with Way of the Karateka there is a little trick you can use that might make it a bit more manageable to achieve.

Do tell....... :p

This game uses an autosave feature which can be a blessing, or a curse. So if you are trying a no hit run you can exploit the save feature. First start a new game and play up to the point after you go through all of the tutorial type fights that explain how to play the game essentially (without getting hit of course).

Wait for the game to autosave and then go to the pause menu and quit. Quit of the game completely and access your Karateka game save file. Now you simply need to copy your save data and copy it to an external device (USB drive) or copy it to your Cloud Storage (PS Plus). You are creating a backup save data file of sorts.

Now start up your game again and select the "resume" option from the main menu. You should start at the last point where the game last autosaved. Now simply play through the game and when you complete another flawless fight let the game autosave and quit the game. Again copy your Karateka save file to an external source. By doing this you will always have a backup save file that contains game data where the game thinks you haven't been hit. If you ever do get hit during the game simply quit out of the game, go to your save file on the external medium or cloud storage and copy the save data back to your system. This will overwrite the game data on your system and you will now have the save data loaded in which you technically haven't been hit. Start up the game and continue on your quest.

Now you don't necessarily have to save and quit, and re-update your save data after each successful fight. If your good at the game you could easily fight three or four enemies and not get hit before letting the game save and then quitting out and updating your backup save file.

Overall this entire method can be time consuming at times, especially if you get stuck fighting an enemy that always seems to get a hit on you. But it may be easier in the long run because you won't have to start a new game if you do get hit.

So to sum things up you are basically tricking the game into thinking you haven't been hit by manipulating save files. Hopefully this helps and if you need more clarification let me know. I'm more than willing to give you some step by step directions on how to do this. :)

Edited by vegetollo7

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone's played this I'd like to know how hard it is. I'm interested in the game and am just wondering it's difficulty

I was wondering this myself. Luckily, a friend of mine got the game and tried it out at his place. Played through the whole thing 3 times.

I played the demo tons of times and could beat everyone without getting hit, so I was expecting to tear this game apart. Well, I was only able to beat Akuma with the Brute. Later on enemies delay and speed up their attacks so you can't just press the block button in a rhythm and expect to block everything. You really need to learn the pattern of some enemies.

So, if you just want to beat the game, it's pretty easy. But the real challenge is to beat the game with the first guy, and that one is tough. If you're going for the 100%, then prepare yourself because one trophy requires you to reach the final boss without getting hit. That looks impossible to me right now. You'd need to replay the game LOTS of times to reach that point.