Pre-Recorded track for "Hard Carbon" and more...!!

TigerLust

If you have found this or any other threads that I maintain useful and are compelled to join this forum as a consequence, please give me a referral upon signing up by clicking here.

Using this file will allow you to obtain the following trophies in one swoop:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/293/48.jpg Hard Carbon (S) Earn a Perfect rating on Expert

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/293/47.jpg Perfection (S) Finish a song with 100% accuracy

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/293/46.jpg Went Platinum (B) Finish a song with over 90% accuracy

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/293/19.jpg Lightning (S) Sing a 10 phrase 'Excellent' streak on Expert

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/293/18.jpg Big Streaker (B) Sing a 10 phrase 'Excellent' streak

...and perhaps a few others too! It can also be used to rack up some Platinum Ratings (90% or over), rack up Sensational Score Prizes, to pass short gigs that allow this track, etc.

First of all, this file was recorded by ME (TigerLust) personally, doing my imitation of a native american shaman, and is being shared for PERSONAL USE ONLY. As such, this file is owned by me and 100% legal for me to share with you. This file may NOT be sold in any matter whatsoever. This file (or a direct link to the file, or a copied file upload, etc) may not be posted on any site other than ps3trophies.org ~ you CAN however LINK to this POST freely, without prior consent.

Click here to download the 18.5 MB .WAV file

For best results, use headphone from your computer/iPod/etc (even cheap headphones concentrate all the music to one spot) and put your microphone directly in front of your headphone. You might also get better results by removing the "ear sponge" you have over the headphones and if you are using SingStar mics (or any with removable top) twist off the top of the mic.

In order to make the WAV & KR game timing sync:

• For KR: Pick "I Melt With You" in Short Expert. While the track is loading, hit :ps: to bring up the XMB. (If you do this in the early part of loading, it will actually bring you out of XMB, just hit the :ps: button again a few seconds later if this happens.) If you have XMB up when the track is done loading, it will be on the pause screen at the start of the track.
  • For Computer/iPod/etc: Load up the song, and be at the start of the track.
  • Now hit :start:/un-pause on both at the same time. You may find you get as low as 88% one time because the timing is nanoseconds off between each other. Just repeat till you get them synced up properly and you should get 100% within around ten tries...

Lastly, adjust all the sounds to find the right volume for the game. For example:

• iTunes on your computer
  • your computer master volume
  • the master volume of the receiver your computer is connected to
  • if you have headphone with it's own volume, adjust that
  • etc.

I would like to extend my thanks to Cauchy and funkyweed, as well as anyone else involved for reversing the initial decision, and now allowing this to be posted to the site. If you'd like to thank Cauchy too, buy :beer:

Edited by TigerLust

Very odd - I started a thread a week ago, asking if it would be okay to record some MIDI files to 'sing' some songs for SingStar, and the moderators said no.

Nevertheless, I'm glad the moderators have allowed this. Most people who are competent at karaoke games would probably get Hard Carbon eventually, but it's such a demanding trophy for many reasons, one of which is having to listen to the same song over and over again lol :D

Awesome TigerLust. Im glad they allowed this, and glad you took the time to make it. Great job bro! :)

Hey Blessorship, saw your post in the other thread as well. Hope you find the game soon, and you will be able to (P) with this fairly easy now (will require some work thou, would estimate it a 3/10 after using this file.) FYI: The reason why the rental places might not have this is because it comes with a microphone... (and that effects shipping charges, they can't use the enevelopes, etc).

Very odd - I started a thread a week ago, asking if it would be okay to record some MIDI files to 'sing' some songs for SingStar, and the moderators said no.

I asked and was told no as well. Then after some *FRIENDLY* debate (again, polite), both by a few others (who I don't know if they want to be named) and myself, the decision was reversed! This might be OK going forward, assuming you made the files yourself. ASK A MOD BEFORE DOING IT. (read the bold underlined part again)

You had to wait until I'd played sex on fire 40+ times n got the trophy and plat:( Hope a beat bravo singstar file comes out

I had to wait till I got approval from the staff. I actually sang this song over 100 times before I got the trophy the legit way. Congrats on your (P) thou!

I didn't record when I beat Bravo (and not planning on doing that again), but maybe someone else will...

I didn't record when I beat Bravo (and not planning on doing that again), but maybe someone else will...

Yeah I think singstar trophies are so much harder than kar rev, hard is just nuts, I can barely get 8k. Have you platinumed singstar yet? (fat bottomed girls 10,000. I'm in the same club as you)

Yeah I think SingStar trophies are so much harder than kar rev, hard is just nuts, I can barely get 8k. Have you platinumed singstar yet? (fat bottomed girls 10,000. I'm in the same club as you)

Yeah, SS trophies are insanely difficult. The one trophy I have left for it is "4 star avg. from over 1000 ratings", of which I have around 200 ratings right now :( There used to be a glitch to get this easy, it sucks we both missed that. See my signature ;)

Now that this file is available, KR is a joke to (P). Should just take a few days to run thru the gigs.

When I get a free moment (probably some time in June, when I've finished my graphic design classes), I'll probably sit down and create a MIDI file to sing a few songs for me (for SingStar). Either that or I'll just physically play the songs on my piano - 1 mic on the piano, 1 mic on the game, so people know how to synchronise.

You had to wait until I...plat

You should sign up for the platinum clubs, last one in is a rotton egg!

I just did it took me 14 trys. thanks again tiger plat here i come. i used a ss usb receiver taken apart with a m2m connect to my lappy.

Congrats Homey! If you hurry up you might still make the top 5 in the platinum club for this game (only three in it so far)...

PS: Wish we had those wireless mics here in the states. :(

lame: learn to sing in order to get trophies; y let others work for you; pfffff (to users)

y do u share such 'crap' anyway? (to tigerlust)

helping out through tipps or so is all good; but that is seriously just .... meh; an invitation to cheat .... dunno how mods actually allow this; cuz its all the reasons for cheating in here.

well whatever you guys need; i dont :p

Hi Alexandria, congrats on getting your (P) the right way! What song did you do it on, out of curiosity?

With that said, the file is being shared for those who have spent countless time frustrated & not able to pull it off. Sadly, it means some won't even try to do it the right way, but that is better than half the singers sitting around frustrated (at least in my opinion).

If you read the trophy guide, you will find that I have gone to extensive measures to help people do it themselves. Did you see the guide?

ya did read, after i had platinum and wrote one for another site (in german obv)

great job u did there!

i did it on "King of Leon - Sex on Fire" ... i gave that one up as i saw u really have to hit every freaking note, not just getting a "perfect" for each phrase.

but then at the beginning of disc 3 i played the long version and got 95% ... was like wtf; as i havent got more than 92% b4 on the short version. well i tried and got 97% ... pretty soon i got my 100%, but i freaked out several times missing LAST! note -.- (like 3 times).

ya know what u mean by helping, but its more likely for most people reading this: using it after 2-3 tries

You should sign up for the platinum clubs, last one in is a rotton egg!

Don't know how to mate, + I can't really be arsed to. Btw I got beat bravo the other day, 9438 on do wah diddy, which is 6 points off your paranoid. Anyways I read in another post that you've got some kind of boostin for 'they really love me' set up, send me a psn msg n I'll help out.

Thats for the sound clip :) one question though, what sort of score are you looking to get the 100% as the most i've been able to get is 99% loads times lol. only need hard carbon, platinum 5,electic dreams and complete sensation (43 to go) for the platinum :)

Just got hard carbon :) I found that the game picks the recording up better if you use a wired mic rather than the wireless SingStar one's

Edited by Lee-77

Cauchy, here, have a Guinness :beer:

I got beat bravo the other day, 9438 on do wah diddy, which is 6 points off your paranoid

Congrats on Bravo! Will PM you about the other thing.

Just got hard carbon :) I found that the game picks the recording up better if you use a wired mic rather than the wireless SingStar one's

Congrats! :) I personally use the PS2 SingStar wired mic's (N. America can't get wireless one "yet"), and they have been working fine for me...

Maybe the RB ones are better, but never tried them...

Yeah, it's all about (eventually) finding the calm inner self to do it without getting caught up in thoughts about it! :)

soooo true 100% .... its all the same for singing, or playing guitar hero/ rock band .... or whatever else needs ya to hit 100% of sth.

and u should try RB mics, seriously!

btw (kinda offtopic, but as j_marv started the singstar stuff: wanna rate my vid? XD ... still need tons of voterz -.-"; have all the "skillful" trophies, just need to sing more, and get my ratings ....)

• 2 weeks later...

This is a cool idea, as I said in my thread posted today, I want to do this myself, but it's awsome for everyone else!

Thanks for taking the time to do this

I noticed some people requesting a "Beat Bravo" track also

If it's allowed, I'd be happy to do such a track if anyone is interested, I beat bravo with a score of 9720 on expert

Feel free to PM if interested, and thanks again TigerLust for a great audio file! I envy your Hard Carbon trophy! =]

Ren<3

I noticed some people requesting a "Beat Bravo" track also. If it's allowed, I'd be happy to do such a track if anyone is interested, I beat bravo with a score of 9720 on expert

Nice! I only managed 9444 (Black Sabbath Paranoid on PS2 Legends Disc), I am only impressed thou if it isn't on PCD Beep.... :p

Please PM a Moderator and ask if you can post a file!

Nice! I only managed 9444 (Black Sabbath Paranoid on PS2 Legends Disc), I am only impressed thou if it isn't on PCD Beep.... :p

Please PM a Moderator and ask if you can post a file!

Nope! Not Beep! My Immortal by Evanesence

And I beat my score last night actually, I got 9770 =]

I'll PM a mod soon, once I figure out who is a mod :doh:

Ren<3