XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > K (PS3) > Karaoke Revolution

Old 02-14-2010, 02:43 AM   #11 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Community Gaming Event Silver   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Silver Submission   Helping Hand   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Beat Bravo was insane, I somehow got 9,444 on Black Sabbath Paranoid (after many tries), but Hard Carbon looks like it will be harder. Closest I got so far is 95% singing Short Man on the Moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squodge View Post
Would you say the vocal engine is as brutal as the Rock Band one? RB2 has a more lenient vocal engine, and Guitar Hero's is a joke.
Now that you have been cranking out the trophies, including 100%, maybe you can tell us! I have only played Singstar and KR as I am into singing, not really looking to have a digital band. If any of those others (RB, GH, Band Hero, etc) can be done with just a pair of mics, would def. be interested in checking them out. The track selection on KR is quite lacking.

My Guides and Projects

152 Plat ~ 157 PSN @100% ~ 99% Completion
Leaders ~ Profiles
TigerLust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLust View Post
Beat Bravo was insane, I somehow got 9,444 on Black Sabbath Paranoid (after many tries), but Hard Carbon looks like it will be harder. Closest I got so far is 95% singing Short Man on the Moon.

Now that you have been cranking out the trophies, including 100%, maybe you can tell us! I have only played Singstar and KR as I am into singing, not really looking to have a digital band. If any of those others (RB, GH, Band Hero, etc) can be done with just a pair of mics, would def. be interested in checking them out. The track selection on KR is quite lacking.
Thanks for letting me know which track you sang to Beat Bravo - I happen to love Black Sabbath, so I'll probably buy that track for SingStar now. Considering the max score you can get in a song is 10,000 (theoretically), then getting at least 9,345 is only 93%. In that respect, Hard Carbon might be harder since you need 100%.

All the Rock Band and Guitar Hero games require at least one local plastic instrument to get Plat, so I wouldn't recommend them to you. But Band Hero, from the top of my head, can be platted with just one local mic. You can get the other trophies with online boosting (plenty of partners need boosting).

To be honest, SingStar and KR are far more polished in terms of the singing - and you also can't "cheat" in them as you can in RB/GH/BH (since you can stick the mic in front of an electric fan, and play on beginner/easy).
Platinums: Call of Duty Classic | Call of Duty: World at War | Call of Duty: Black Ops | Dead Space | Guitar Hero 5 | Karaoke Revolution | Modern Warfare 2 | Quantum of Solace | Resident Evil 5 | Rock Band 2 | Tekken 6 | Tekken Tag Tournament HD | Tom Clancy's HAWX

squodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Community Gaming Event Silver   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Silver Submission   Helping Hand   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by squodge View Post
Considering the max score you can get in a song is 10,000 (theoretically)
Check my Singstar online profile, and look at my high scores. I have 10,000 on easy [and 9,940 on Medium], so I can say without hesistation that it is not just theoretical.
FYI: Sabbath Paranoid is also on PS2 Legends disc. Grew up with that song, but it was still brutal. Good luck!

Thanks for the info about Band Hero, will look at that.

I should mention that you COULD cheat on KR too! Say you need to sing Jackson tracks at 60% and don't have the voice of a four year old girl? So you go to sound setting, turn off all sounds except for the artist singing at max volume. Now turn up your speakers volume so it is high enough pitch (if you care for your housemates and/or neighbors, use earphones) and put your mic right at the sound source. Obviously there is a split second delay, but you should get over 60% on most song on Easy difficulty... I will have to add that to the guide.

My Guides and Projects

Leaders ~ Profiles
Old 02-14-2010, 11:39 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLust View Post
Check my Singstar online profile, and look at my high scores. I have 10,000 on easy [and 9,940 on Medium], so I can say without hesistation that it is not just theoretical.
FYI: Sabbath Paranoid is also on PS2 Legends disc. Grew up with that song, but it was still brutal. Good luck!

Thanks for the info about Band Hero, will look at that.

I should mention that you COULD cheat on KR too! Say you need to sing Jackson tracks at 60% and don't have the voice of a four year old girl? So you go to sound setting, turn off all sounds except for the artist singing at max volume. Now turn up your speakers volume so it is high enough pitch (if you care for your housemates and/or neighbors, use earphones) and put your mic right at the sound source. Obviously there is a split second delay, but you should get over 60% on most song on Easy difficulty... I will have to add that to the guide.
I did try to sing a 5-song medley today with all the Jackson songs, and I got 89% grrrr. Missed out on the trophy by 1%... I'll do it another time when I can stand to sing stupid songs like those. They're great songs to listen to, but awful songs to sing.

Never heard of SingStar Legends... will check it out on eBay and Amazon in a moment. I onlly came across SingStar on the PS3, as I only ever own a PS2 for a few months - then sold it when I heard wipEout HD was coming out on the PS3.

I've now completed discs 1&2 of the career mode, and will need to take a break as my voice is getting grainy now. I can only get 90% on Expert, so I've a long way to go to get that 100%. They certainly don't make it easy!!
Platinums: Call of Duty Classic | Call of Duty: World at War | Call of Duty: Black Ops | Dead Space | Guitar Hero 5 | Karaoke Revolution | Modern Warfare 2 | Quantum of Solace | Resident Evil 5 | Rock Band 2 | Tekken 6 | Tekken Tag Tournament HD | Tom Clancy's HAWX

Old 02-15-2010, 12:02 AM   #15 (permalink)

Do the Jackson medley while it is still fresh in your head... Always noticed when I walk away for a day, I am down a few % next try while I acclimate back into it.

PS: You can earn SingStar trophies with a PS2 disc if it is in the same region as your PS3 disc (such as both EU). Load your PS3 disc, get to the point where you pick a track, and hit and the game will tell you how to do the rest! The Legends disc only has a few good tracks (simply put no Black Sabbath songs are purchaseable from US Store). There are 0 tracks available to buy in Asian SingStore.

My Guides and Projects

Leaders ~ Profiles
Old 02-15-2010, 12:36 AM   #16 (permalink)

ARGH! I can't stand to listen to those Jackson songs to be honest. Even singing 'Ben' makes me cringe - is he singing about a misfit friend or a dog?!?! I feel so gay when I sing that song lol.

I'm just a bit peeved that they didn't include any metal or hard rocks songs, especially since they've included plenty of slushy ballads that make me want to puke. In that respect, I'd say Rock Band has a far better catalogue for singing (as there are hundreds of metal and hard rock songs).

I've put an Ebay bid on Legends... hope I win it! It's got some decent songs on it, at least for karaoke fun.

By the way, I got the Lighting trophy without any problems, as well as the Face the Music (I went for it without backing up data, just figured it wasn't too hard to beat a familiar song on Expert without screwing up - I sang "Freed from Desire").

Old 02-16-2010, 12:48 AM   #17 (permalink)

I also didn't backup before going for the trophy, but we both have enough singing experience to know we can get thru the track no problem. "Freed from Desire" is one of the tracks that only EU got (EU has 75 tracks, NA has 50). Completely agree that the songs selected sucked, and I will get rid of this disc as soon as finish Hard Carbon. The only PS3 discs I didn't trade/sell away are SingStar Queen and PS2 Amped (one of the only discs where NA has better tracks than EU).

I had assumed Ben is a dog, but you have point it being MJ and all...

My Guides and Projects

Leaders ~ Profiles
Old 02-16-2010, 01:05 AM   #18 (permalink)

I got the Jackson medley trophy in the end with 93%. I decided to sing the full versions of the unfamiliar songs in some of the career gigs that only required completion, and this helped in the end. "ABC" is such a hard song to sing (I got 72% in that song on easy lol).

You're missing out with the NA release - "Freed from Desire" is such an excellent track. I had fun (and excruciating pain) with the song "La Voix", which I'd never heard before. If you don't know it, check out the song on Youtube - the chorus is insanely hard for a bloke (are you a bloke or a chick?)

Old 02-16-2010, 03:30 AM   #19 (permalink)

lmao too clear something up Ben is a rat.. if you ever heard of the old movie Ben.. this is the theme song for it. ... its almost the same as Willard again old movie.. made remake...

Im trying to finish up my trophies for this game... le sigh on the 5 song medley for jackson o.o ....

Bolopecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:52 AM   #20 (permalink)

well lmao that was quite shocking I got 93% first try on the 5 song jackson medley . haha wow

Bolopecs is offline   Reply With Quote