Wow, alot of DLC songs hitting EU store

magmar126

Check this out:

Karaoke Revolution

• (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Against All Odds (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Ain’t No Mountain High Enough (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Black Velvet (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Breakaway (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Build Me Up Buttercup (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Call Me (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Can’t Help Falling In Love (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Careless Whisper (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Celebration (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Complicated (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Crazy (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Crazy Little Thing Called Love (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Easy (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Every Breath You Take (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Heartbreak Hotel (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Holiday (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Hot Stuff (£0.79/€0.99)
  • How Do I Live (£0.79/€0.99)
  • How You Remind Me (£0.79/€0.99)
  • If You Don’t Know Me By Now (£0.79/€0.99)
  • It’s The End Of The World As We Know It (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Lady Marmalade (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Let’s Get It On (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Material Girl (£0.79/€0.99)
  • More Than Words (£0.79/€0.99)
  • New York New York (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Oops!…I Did It Again (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Respect (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Saving All My Love For You (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Sittin’ On The Dock Of The Bay (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Son Of A Preacher Man (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Stand By Me (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Straight Up (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Sweet Home Alabama (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Take On Me (£0.79/€0.99)
  • These Words (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Time After Time (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Unfaithful (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Uptown Girl (£0.79/€0.99)
  • We Are Family (£0.79/€0.99)
  • What Is Love? (£0.79/€0.99)
  • You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling (£0.79/€0.99)

Not originals? That sucks big time.

Any DLC that says it is from "KR American Idol" is a cover song from the TV show. In NA, when you go to the store it seperates the actual stores, one for "KR" (original tracks) and seperate ones for AI1 and AI2 (covers). Did they seperate them in EU too?

I can't see this game taking the crown from SingStar.

The customize/scoring itself is vastly superior to SingStar, however it's sucky tracks and lack of upload/community (that singstar has) makes it DOA.

Any DLC that says it is from "KR American Idol" is a cover song from the TV show. In NA, when you go to the store it seperates the actual stores, one for "KR" (original tracks) and seperate ones for AI1 and AI2 (covers). Did they seperate them in EU too?

The customize/scoring itself is vastly superior to SingStar, however it's sucky tracks and lack of upload/community (that singstar has) makes it DOA.

Not sure I agree that the scoring is superior to SingStar. KR bases its scoring on hitting as accurately as you can per phrase, and in the meanwhile building up ridiculously high multipliers. I don't see how this is a good (or bad thing) - it's just different. SingStar has an upper limit score of 10,000 per song, so you know how well you're doing when you get your final score.

As for customisation, well, KR wins of course because SS doesn't have any customisation at all! But what SS does have of course is original songs with full-screen video. Since the songs are roughly the same price for KR and SS, I'd say you're getting a better deal with SS because you're getting the real version of a song and the original video too.

Just the sucky tracks is enough to kill this game to be honest. Never mind that it lacks webcam support or an online community (the SS one is very vibrant).

I actually do like the number portion of SS better...

I meant I prefer the bars on the bottom for scoring than the jumping from screen to screen with bars static in the middle. If you do not know a song well, in SS you may find yourself on a new page of lyrics/bars and it is too late to get in some of the song if you don't know the song well enough or practise; while in KR you can just go with the flow and constantly see what is coming up.

For the videos it is a toss up, because in SS you see the video clearly, while in KR you can create a venue with a crapload of music video screens (thou it will focus on the avatar mainly). I haven't purchased any DLC for KR, but I presume they come with the videos as well (or in the case of AI, a video of the cover person).

We agree on the other points obviously, as I had written "sucky tracks and lack of upload/community (that singstar has) makes it DOA."

I see what you mean about the 'singing bars' (they call it 'pitch tunnel' in Guitar Hero), and yes it's miles better in KR. In fact, I would say that the static pitch tunnel in SS is dreadful. I very often miss the first few millimetres of a bar because it's displayed a split second before I see it, which is not a great way to prepare the player.

The songs in KR are all originals, including the videos of course. But I doubt the DLC will have original videos if they're using cover versions. They would have to pay a licence fee to use the videos as well as the original versions, so I highly doubt that videos would make it onto the DLC - but I'm welcome to a surprise of course! I still think they could have at least secured original versions to be honest.

KR could still have a good go at it, but it needs proper (as in original) DLC, perhaps competitively priced to rival SS, and the way the pitch tunnel works (as you described) is far better than SS. Your earlier comment that girls like to create a stick-thin avatar... this could well be a swaying factor for some!