Early copy!

Gho-Zti

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, my copy arrived a little early. If you have any questions, just ask away and I'll try to answer them. I obviously won't answer story-related stuff, but everything else. :)

What is all we want to know if story related stuff. :confused:

Not really. Tell us about blowing up your first bridge.

What is all we want to know if story related stuff. :confused:

Not really. Tell us about blowing up your first bridge.

Blowing up a bridge by itself: marvellous. Blowing up a bridge while a plethora of enemy vehicles chases you: priceless.

Are there different difficulty settings ? :)

No difficulty settings at all. It is tough at times, especially in the beginning when you're getting used to the controls.

Is it fun?

HELL YES!

Hi mate, you've already answered some of my questions & the ones asked on here are answers I was hoping for.

Any loading screens or does it just load on the fly as you move around etc if that makes sense. ;D

When launching there's a long(ish) loading screen, also after dying or failing missions. Apart from that, no loading screens, seamless transition between islands.

Do you have any idea if the online call out and challenge trophies can be got with a second account or does it require friends?

I'm getting on the case right now, will report back with my findings!

When launching there's a long(ish) loading screen, also after dying or failing missions. Apart from that, no loading screens, seamless transition between islands.

I'm getting on the case right now, will report back with my findings!

Nice mate kind of what I was expecting, the seamlessness between islands was more what I was hoping for. Sounds good to me that.

Also online, be good to hear how thats gonna pan out if you manage to suss out the requirements.

Cheers buddy. :D

How does the story progress? Do you have to have played the other 2 games? I've never played the series before, but considered this game since it seems fun.

I didn't play the first one and 99% of my playtime in the second one was multiplayer with friends. I played a bit further into the story by now and I'm almost 100% positive that you don't need to know the previous titles to understand what's going on. There may be some recurring characters and inside jokes in this, but I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Are there lots of collectibles to find and side mission things to do, like in the other ones..

There's 227 collectibles total:

49 Rebel Shrines

54 Vintage Parts

71 Di Ravello Tapes

30 Daredevil Jumps

23 Ancient Tombs

The jumps are obviously not collectibles in the sense that you pick them up, they're basically like GTA's Monster Stunts. They're listed under collectibles anyway.

Apart from that, there's a lot of challenges to do and you can access them by liberating towns, military bases and stuff. Completing challenges with a certain amount of points rewards you with gears which in turn unlock all kinds of mods for your weapons and gear.

I didn't play the first one and 99% of my playtime in the second one was multiplayer with friends. I played a bit further into the story by now and I'm almost 100% positive that you don't need to know the previous titles to understand what's going on. There may be some recurring characters and inside jokes in this, but I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

There's 227 collectibles total:

49 Rebel Shrines

54 Vintage Parts

71 Di Ravello Tapes

30 Daredevil Jumps

23 Ancient Tombs

The jumps are obviously not collectibles in the sense that you pick them up, they're basically like GTA's Monster Stunts. They're listed under collectibles anyway.

Apart from that, there's a lot of challenges to do and you can access them by liberating towns, military bases and stuff. Completing challenges with a certain amount of points rewards you with gears which in turn unlock all kinds of mods for your weapons and gear.

I think PowerPyx put a video guide for all collectibles is the best o the best for video guide imho.

Regarding the online trophies:

You can call out anybody on your friends list, whether they have the game or not doesn't matter. Just tested this on poor Ashbo. For beating a feat you're being called out on, you can simply set a low enough score in a feat of your choice with a second account, call out your main account and beat the score.

For Bragging Rights (beating another players score in a challenge), it can be literally anybody on the leaderboard with a score lower than you. What this means is: Person A sets a score of 20000 in a Helicopter destruction challenge. Now you simply load that challenge up, beat said score and the trophy pops.

And that's it for the online portion, should be doable by yourself and at any time you like.

Edited by Gho-Zti

You can call out anybody on your friends list, whether they have the game or not doesn't matter. Just tested this on poor Ashbo. For beating a feat you're being called out on, you can simply set a low enough score in a feat of your choice with a second account, call out your main account and beat the score.

For Bragging Rights (beating another players score in a challenge), it can be literally anybody on the leaderboard with a score lower than you. What this means is: Person A sets a score of 20000 in a Helicopter destruction challenge. Now you simply load that challenge up, beat said score and the trophy pops.

And that's it for the online portion, should be doable by yourself and at any time you like.

great thx:dance:

Plz explain this you can simply set a low enough score in a feat of your choice with a second account, call out your main account and beat the score.

Edited by Neme

great thx:dance:

Plz explain this you can simply set a low enough score in a feat of your choice with a second account, call out your main account and beat the score.

Alright. A feat can be about anything in the game. For example how long you can wheelie on a motorbike. For the trophy, simply log into a second account you are friends with (I'm assuming you already have one, if not just create it). Start up the game, grab a bike and do a wheelie for about 5 meters. After that, you look for that feat in your Leaderboard menu and then proceed to call out your main account. Then simply log back onto your main account, grab a bike, perform a wheelie that's longer than 5 meters and the trophy will pop. :)

So essentially, this is pretty much like Mad Max?

Yes and no. Mad Max got repetitive and grindy pretty early in the game. Just Cause has a lot of different challenges to offer, not just races. Collectible hunting is more fun, since there are a few different environments and there's stuff to blow up on every corner. JC's gameplay is simply more varied than Mad Max'.

Does the game has any graphics glitch or some laggy online?

I'm in the fence about getting this game by weekend so please speaking with honesty do you recommend it? or it's an average game that can be played in the future?

I didn't like too much the second one so that's why I'm asking...

Does the game has any graphics glitch or some laggy online?

I'm in the fence about getting this game by weekend so please speaking with honesty do you recommend it? or it's an average game that can be played in the future?

There is no multiplayer, only online scoreboards to beat other people their challenges or scores..

You kind of answered your own question there. JC3 is more of the same the second has to offer, with a few added bits and bobs (okay it's a lot of added bits and bobs). If you didn't like the second, chances are you're not gonna enjoy the third either.

Hahaha your welcome! :D

Just remembered, are stats tracked for collectibles etc?

Edited by Ashbo