What the hell ?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

martinek89

Above poster is right, that thing can save your life, it's important you become one with the grappling hook. But I assume you know your way around it pretty well..

Maybe it's because you got used to the easy mode, I'm assuming it's really easy. I never played it, started on HC, platted on HC. So I guess that just might take a little getting used to as well. To be honest, I didn't think HC was thát hard, you might just have to play with a little more of a tactical approach..

I think the only tips I can give you besides that is to upgrade one of the machine guns ASAP, they rule. The Stronghold Takeovers are checkpoint-based, aren't they? (Been a while since plat for me) So just take it easy, keep running/diving around, and aim for the head!

Edited by nickson1988

In my opinion, using R1 to dodge out their way is a life saver, instead of 80 - 90% of shots hitting you, it's reduced to around 10%, just keep spamming it until you've completed your objective. The hardest mission I think is the second one with the car chase, took me a fair few tries! After that it's smooth with a couple three hiccups.

• 3 weeks later...
The hardest mission I think is the second one with the car chase, took me a fair few tries! After that it's smooth with a couple three hiccups.

Yo i beat that mission on my 2nd try... now im @ a stronghold mission & am ready to delete the shit game off my system... its not so much that the difficulty is too hard, as its that the controls suck balls!!! BIG HAIRY ONES!!! GO DEVELOPERS GO!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Every time you approach an enemy base that you want to clear out, walk/glide the perimeter. When you ready to destroy stuff, always start with this list, in the following order and always on foot/gliding [park your tank/chopper outside of the base for now] :

1:Communications Array - [The tall antenna that comes out of the ground when you must trigger 3 keypads in order for it to appear] Always, Always destroy that thing first on the main bases. Once you do, they won't keep coming wave after wave.

2.Generators/Broadcast Tower - [those are always together, not sure if those affect the Heat but I always destroy those for the bases that don't have the Comm. Array]

3. SAM sites. - [You know what those do]

It is now time to grab your vehicle of choice, the one you parked outside the base, or while clearing up the above objectives you came across something more fun.

4. Bunkers with mounted guns and Towers. - [Those don't give any base completion percentage, but prevents from soldiers spawning in them]

5. Anything else that is left, you should be fine staying alive even with the random spawn.

Hide and wait for the warning sometimes helps too.

Hope that helps you with your survival strategy.

Every time you approach an enemy base that you want to clear out, walk/glide the perimeter. When you ready to destroy stuff, always start with this list, in the following order and always on foot/gliding [park your tank/chopper outside of the base for now] :

1:Communications Array - [The tall antenna that comes out of the ground when you must trigger 3 keypads in order for it to appear] Always, Always destroy that thing first on the main bases. Once you do, they won't keep coming wave after wave.

2.Generators/Broadcast Tower - [those are always together, not sure if those affect the Heat but I always destroy those for the bases that don't have the Comm. Array]

3. SAM sites. - [You know what those do]

It is now time to grab your vehicle of choice, the one you parked outside the base, or while clearing up the above objectives you came across something more fun.

4. Bunkers with mounted guns and Towers. - [Those don't give any base completion percentage, but prevents from soldiers spawning in them]

5. Anything else that is left, you should be fine staying alive even with the random spawn.

Hide and wait for the warning sometimes helps too.

Hope that helps you with your survival strategy.

Nicely said, that is what I did when I was playing. Also, try driving around near highways, and find the armor crates, these add more health to your character.

Nicely said, that is what I did when I was playing. Also, try driving around near highways, and find the armor crates, these add more health to your character.

That's a good hint too, more specifically you will find those at each left and right support columns of highway overpasses. Those are stand-alone pick-ups, not part of village/cities discovery.

But unfortunately, I'm not entirely convinced it helps THAT much, as the enemies seem to level up as you do. I wander why they left the faction guys you do missions for so helpless and wielding punny regular pistols and SMG's with no body armor. While the leveled up military, is all decked out, even in the most obscure and out of this world, forgotten dead-end dump village.

What I'm most annoyed with on hardcore, is that when you die, it breaks the progress flow and immersion in your game. It takes you back miles away, with expanded ammo and lost form of transport. I can't recall details, but I remember that this was handled much better in "The Saboteur" and "Mercenaries 2".

Edited by AUSPUFF

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time. I've have a tougher time with some other games but this one was not one of them. I miss this game. Would love to have another one. Try using the tops of buildings to sit on and kill people down below. I hid like crazy and it worked for me on several of the building levels.

I just got this game the other day, and started on Hardcore, so I don't have the easier difficulties to compare to...I had a rough time at first, but you'll get into your own rythm. Just finished all 9 Strongholds...the only problem I really have is no matter how much health you upgraded into (I'm up to 43 Armor crates so far), the enemies will knock that health down REALLY fast, which gets a bit annoying.

But the number 1 tip I can give you is to utilize that grappling hook for EVERYTHING, it'll save your life. Also hide until your heat level goes all the way down, that way the enemies focus is no longer on you, and you have time to recooperate.

As soon as I say this people are going to be like "GTFO! FU! GFY! AAFTHG!"

but I really didn't find this too difficult, one of the last agency missions where you jump into like that mount rushmore looking area (won't say more because I don't want to spoil it) was a little difficult at first but it wasn't too bad.

just like everyone else said:

1. use the grappling hook to kill enemies, flee, hide, sprint, etc. the grappling hook does everything for you

2. spam R1 like crazy to run to cover if you're about to die, the AI obviously don't know how to aim at a rolling jumping guy

3. Clearing out areas is (IMO) the best part of this game, so just complete areas all the time and you will eventually find quite a bit of weapon parts and armor parts that will make combat infinitely easier

4. Only use the assault rifle, sub machine gun, machine gun, and grenades and upgrade only these weapons, everything else is not nearly as affective as these.

follow those steps and this game is not very hard at all, some parts are frustrating and a little annoying, but its definitely doable without smashing a controller.

• 2 weeks later...

lol at this thread. i recently beat the game on Hardcore, which was my first attempt. i didn't find it hard at all. sure i got killed a few times and had to replay some missions but overall this game is a piece of cake. just use cover and R1 diving a lot to evade fire. upgrade your armor for taking more damage.;)

If you start your first playthrough on Hardcore, the difficulty actually will come naturally to you, like me.

The key here is to keep rolling/dodging around the base you want to capture. Use the grapple hook most of the time to get from one side of the base to another in a very short time. But first, before starting off, grab a helicopter nearby or right in the base if you want, and get rid of all the major structures first. Then, use the helicopter as much as you can to land near supplies and grab them, until it is finally shot down.

As long as you use my strategy of rolling/dodging all the time when moving around the base, most of the enemy's gunfire will miss you and you can even survive an outright assault for quite a while. Use dual guns to quickly mow down enemies. You will find this easier than you think, trust me. Have fun! =3

The helicopter method never works for me...as soon as I come near a military base and they become aware (which is usually right away), those SAMs shoot me down.

A Method that works well for me, is to find a mounted gun, press :cross: to carry it around and plow through people/objects with it. It's only downside is it makes you slow and vulnerable.