Worth getting

kingduncan

Saw this game going on ebay recently - wasn;t sure whether to stick a bid in since I'd not heard anything about it. By the time I'd had a look elsewhere the listing had finished. It also seems to be fairly rare in the UK (not many on sale anywhere - amazon doesn't stock it etc.)

Is it worth getting? (either for game or trophies?)

This game was never released here in the UK (or anywhere else for that matter) so the only places you can get it from are Amazon (who don't ship games outside of the USA) and Ebay where you can expect to pay WAY over the odds for a copy (I paid £32 and finished it 100% within 3 days).

It's a good little game, though you need to be aware of some nasty but rare bugs (look through the other threads for more info) and once you've finished it, apart from the Survival mode, there is zero re-playability and you'll probably never play it again.

Overall I liked but unless you're desperate for an alternative to the dire Turok game or want a ridiculously easy Platinum, there is little to recommend this to the hardcore gamer.

PS: This is a SINGLE player only game and the only online feature is the Leaderboard for the Survival mode.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Saw this game going on ebay recently - wasn;t sure whether to stick a bid in since I'd not heard anything about it. By the time I'd had a look elsewhere the listing had finished. It also seems to be fairly rare in the UK (not many on sale anywhere - amazon doesn't stock it etc.)

Is it worth getting? (either for game or trophies?)

I bought a copy from Canada via eBay and I'm really enjoying it - trophies are popping up regularly too. I'm only playing it casually so I don't think I will attempt the platinum as I'm nor that good at FPS games on consoles anyway. I would say buy it :) To me its what Turok on the N64 should have been - dinosaurs AND guns - great :applause:

• 3 weeks later...