T-REX on hard!?

The way I beat them was by doing the following:

Activate the Adrenalin Boost as-soon-as you start and aim for the T-Rex's heart then keep firing until it collapses and once it has, STOP firing or you'll overheat the Machine Gun.

After The T-Rex has limped off, start picking off the Pterosaurs by firing in short, controlled bursts and do NOT under any circumstances let the Machine Gun overheat or it's game over.

After a minute or 2 the T-Rex will re-appear so activate the Adrenalin Boost again and aim for the Heart.

Just keep following this routine until it's dead but after he dies another T-Rex will appear so repeat the above routine and eventually it'll drop.

The key to defeating both T-Rex's is TIMING and making sure you don't overheat the Machine Gun!

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typos.

Activate the Adrenalin Boost as-soon-as you start and aim for the T-Rex's heart and keep firing until it collapses, once it has, STOP firing or you'll overheat the Machine Gun.

After The T-Rex has limped off, start picking off the Pterosaurs by firing in short, controlled bursts and do NOT under any circumstances let the Machine Gun overheat or it's game over.

After a minute or 2 the T-Rex will re-appear so Activate the Adrenalin Boost again and aim for the Heart.

Just keep following this routine until it's dead but after he croaks another T-Rex will appear so repeat the above routine and eventually it'll drop.

The key to defeating both T-Rex's is TIMING and making sure you don't overheat the Machine Gun!

Used this strat and it worked great. Just take your time and DON'T OVERHEAT .

• 1 month later...

aw man you shouldn't have gave up. I had to try it about 5x before I actually got it. The key was to keep your eyes on the pteros and where they line up.Don't let them get too close or you won't be able to keep up and blast them all. I finally got that this platinum was easy, and trust me I'm glad about that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Activate the Adrenalin Boost as-soon-as you start and aim for the T-Rex's heart and keep firing until it collapses, once it has, STOP firing or you'll overheat the Machine Gun.

After a minute or 2 the T-Rex will re-appear so Activate the Adrenalin Boost again and aim for the Heart.

Just keep following this routine until it's dead but after he croaks another T-Rex will appear so repeat the above routine and eventually it'll drop.

Just beaten the stage & damn it sure was hard. Thanks for the tip about using adrenaline boost when the T-Rex show up. Am half to my (P) now.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I recently picked up this game but haven't had the chance to play it yet, sounds like a difficult area so I'll definitely keep said tips in mind.

I'm about to do this on my hard playthrough right now. I didn't have an issue with it at all on normal difficulty so I wouldn't worry about it.

Turns out the strategy I came up with after like 2 attempts is pretty much what Terminator said to do.

Blast the hell out of the trex with adreno in the heart. Let it cool as much as possible and I didn't shoot any of the birds until they dove in on me. You will see they clearly line up just as they dive in, take out that group and let the gun cool. Repeat. I'll post an update after I beat it on hard

First attempt made it to second trex easy... then I was stupid and let him bite me right away lol.

First tip, make sure you open up on the rex early enough to stop him from biting you but not so far out that you are wasting shots.

Second tip- don't just focus on birds diving in one area. You get randoms really low, really high, far left and right extremes. Keep looking around and work from inside out, plus if their closer their much easier to hit.

The first rex should be about 3/4 or at least 2/3 dead after his second run on you so it shouldn't be more than four runs with him. The more effective you are on the rex's the less times you have to face the birds!

I beat it on my 4th or 5th attempt, 3 runs on the first rex and 4 runs on the second. When the first rex is almost dead don't be afraid to heat up the gun almost all the wait, when the second rex comes it resets it

Edited by Johnny Bananas
merge; please use the edit button instead of double posting

• 1 month later...

Another good tip or two, if anyone is still struggling....

I figured out two things that made it so i could actually get past this. I was about to call it quits for the night (after my 11th or 12th try) when I noticed something. Most importantly - save Adrenaline for if you get swarmed by pteros, not on the T-Rex! If you shoot either one from the moment you can, they will retreat without attacking. And even if you get bit once, its still better than getting pteros in your face.

And the second thing? Pteros from the far left and far right WILL NOT ATTACK YOU! So focus only on the ones in the middle. This helped me tremendously, coupled with saving Adrenaline for the Pteros.

• 3 months later...

Odd how many variant strategies there are, with nothing in common. Using adrenalin and aiming for the heart was important, but even more important for me was making sure the t-rex never bit you when he gets in front of you. To do this, you have to make him stagger 3x while he's running towards you, by shooting him in the head with short bursts. Stagger him 3x and he falls down and runs back away. After that, it's all back to luck with the stupid pteranodons...

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I have been trying to beat these T-Rex bastards for the past two days and I'm about ready to scream! Gonna try to focus, regroup and try again, but I really don't want to lose out on this platinum due to this ridiculous turret and those damn birds!

Once you get past this section it's plane sailing until you get to the Spike fight, then you get to swear at the screen again for a while :(. Both these encounters are doable they just take time, practice and a healthy dose of luck.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

So i don't understand why so many people can plat this and its rated so low as I cannot beat T rex on hard. Normal was too EZ but hard i'm getting attack by birds that aren't even close (mostly on top of me where i have to move the gun all the way straight up.) I think ANY Call of Duty is easier than this. I tried F1 for the slow/damage boost and shot the t rex heart and it does almost no damage. Then i actually shot the t rex without the slow/damage boost in same spot and did more damage than with the boost which is what everyone says to do. I am beyond Speechless at this point.