Platinum done.. my 2 cent review.

I don't really do any reviews on this site.. but i think i'm gonna get into it a bit because i think sometimes i might offer a point of view i rarely read.

Jurassic is a pretty fun game all in all. It's pretty standard button layout for a FPS which makes it easy to get the hang of. Also, you don't have to be too accurate about your aim and the ammo is very very plenty. If you are like me and you don't want every shooter you play to be complicated and epic than this is for you.

Favorite combat: When a raptor is running at you and you start to shoot it I think it looks pretty cool when it's rolling around trying to get back up and keep coming at you. If you let yourself sorta get into the game then there is a certain panic that can set in making for a simple but intense fight.

Favorite gun: Shotgun. While all the guns in this game are loud (which i love in shooters) the shotgun can really echo through your room and looks cool scatter firing into the bodies of the dinos. It's also really satisfying in this game when you catch a charging raptor right in the face and it rolls, falls and slides toward you as it dies.

All in all.. not a serious game and loads of fun to play once/twice if going for the platinum. A bit glitchy and the bosses are really lame but the sound is good and the combat quick and relaxed as you do not need to be a marksman at all. The over all sense stimulation will make this a happy 10 dollar purchase or library borrow (how i got it).

Final note: some parts of the game are similar to Nazi Zombies in COD WAW or COD Black Ops and are alot of fun. The tactics i used when i first played Natch Der Untoten i used in the zombie like parts of Jurassic.

For all those who came on here to try to decide on a purchace i hope this helped.

Thankyou.

• 1 year later...

I got the (P) for this in about 2 days :). Apart from a couple of really nasty difficulty spikes early on, there is nothing that a little perseverance won't cure :). This is a decent enough little game that should have had more love from the public but it slipped under the radar for most people and didn't sell that well so a sequel is out of the question :(.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

It was released at a bad time with Dragon Age: Origins, COD: Modern Warfare 2 and Assassins Creed II. The game wasn't even listed. I remember walking into Gamestop that November, but I didn't want to spend $60 on AC II so I went for the $40 dollar Jurassic: The Hunted because of dinosaurs. I enjoyed the game though. I might pick it up again on day.