trying to reach symbol

Cold Fusion

On the level "sunken city", I'm trying to reach that one symbol, just after the ramp. (third symbol). but I just can't reach it. i started a whole new game, missed the damned symbol (but got the gate trophy!), and thought, heck, just do the level select later on. Little did I know, that you can't keep the scarf length that you started that level with.

so, here's my question, how do I actually get to the symbol without having my scarf being all long like it was the first time? do I have to start the game all the way from the start, to get a long scarf, or can I somehow magically get that last symbol? I love this game, but man, I wish I could keep the length of my scarf.

nevermind people, already figured it out myself. had to restart the previous levels, to get a scarf long enough, to reach this one in one go. was pretty easy actually...

at mods, you can delete this thread if you don't see a point in keeping it alive, or if you'd like to keep it, so others can perhaps find an answer to this question, then that is also ok.

Edited by Cold Fusion

• 1 month later...

there has to be a diff way......this is my 4th attempt.....god this is my last one which pisses me off even more having to repeat the damn level over and over and over

EDIT - started a new game and got it by going from the left instead of the right as shown in the guide

Edited by knoxville363

EDIT - started a new game and got it by going from the left instead of the right as shown in the guide

Any chance you could elaborate? Am struggling with this one

EDIT - nvm i figured it out thanks to comments by NilePuffer on the trophy itself:

You want to get on top of the mountain between the middle and right path. Once on top, press back to slow your speed and look for a little crack on the right of the plateau. slide down this and you can nab this elusive prize.
Edited by br8ssmunky

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to add my $.2 as this was giving me a little trouble last night (3rd symbol on Sunken City).

Using level select, I couldn't ever make the jump from the rock ramp that is shown in most Youtube videos (and a few guides here). I guess I could have started a chapter before to build my scarf, but I wanted to keep that as a last resort option.

Anyways, I finally found an "alternate" route to take on Youtube. Bascially instead of sliding on the right side, go left (but not the FAR left)...kinda middle-left and look for a long sharp rock ramp. Hold :lsup: to build up your speed and hit the ramp....then jump while you're in the air. You should land on the mountain/cliff with this symbol, but it will be on the other side. Then you can walk through the narrow passage and find it sitting on that elusive ledge. I got it on my first try doing it this way.

• 7 months later...