Relaxing? You crazy?!

dmsdq

So everyone going around touting this as the perfect chillaxed game are crazy. General spoilers follow. =P

[spoiler=007]I mean, that giant flying whatchamacallit bursting from the ground? The tense hide and seek run that follows? The dash-to-safety near the end?

Those sections were more heart pumping and tense than some action games I've played lately! I was freaking out, haha. My partner must have been annoyed with me. xD

And then ...

[spoiler=1984]The super-depressing ending ... ish. My little Journeyman collapsing and dying in front of me? Along with the partner that I had just relied on for safety through that last tense section? Really sad. Dx

Side-bar, I totally think they died and never completed their journey. The flying section was the afterlife, as opposed to getting scooped up to the mountain.

This game had the same crescendo Flower did: Relaxing and exploratory at first, and then suddenly it is pants-shittingly terrifying. =P

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not going to lie, I was terrified in parts of that game, and completely devastated in others. I'd agree with you about the ending though; that's what I thought it was.

Same in Flower.. I bought that from the PSN expecting very little, other than to have a relaxing experience. I think I was a bit more prepared for this game, with that in mind.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The part with those rock monsters seriously scared me more than Dead Space ever has. You're in a world you know nothing about, and you're super relaxed and paying attention to all the little details and the wonderful music, then BOOM! Giant monsters come up that you never even expected.

That feeling I got when I lost part of my scarf was horrible! Then I felt really confused when I died, followed by relief when I came back to life and got my scarf back.

It was one of the best 2 1/2 hours a game has ever given me.

I agree, some of those parts actually scared me a lot. I definitely was not expecting anything like that to happen.

[spoiler=2342]I was also sad when the snow part happened. We were getting so close, too. It made me emotional during the part right afterwards.