Anyone know how "companion" works?

leowtyx

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey leo. i met my companion in the second desest level (i think)was following those flying things and i just saw another traveler on top of a dune, joined him and we did the whole journey together. really cool the first time you meet another traveler.

Yeah, I got so emotionally attached to one because we had to grind for warmth later on. No Homo lol...:whistle:

Do you think we can boost this?

For confirmation I finished the game by myself then I went to chapter select and entered the last one from the right ( snow ) and I waited until someone joined me, and if he disconnects I restart the level so i can get both Crossing and Companion , shortly after finishing the credits I received them and got 100% :applause:

( My companion and I kept Pressing Circle so we can be sure nobody gets lost or disconnects )

Edited by SDERAWIII

I met someone who played through with me and showed me everything...from the second or third level. I still didn't get the trophy at the end, even though I know for a fact I finished with him.

He had the yellow robe, so I know it was him. Sucks I missed out. :( Hopefully I'll find someone new.

For confirmation I finished the game by myself then I went to chapter select and entered the last one from the right ( snow ) and I waited until someone joined me, and if he disconnects I restart the level so i can get both Crossing and Companion , shortly after finishing the credits I received them and got 100% :applause:

( My companion and I kept Pressing Circle so we can be sure nobody gets lost or disconnects )

I can confirm this as well, did the exact same thing.

I imagine it will be hard to get this trophy starting from the beginning.

So just to be clear, you can play from the "snow" level and still get "Companion" if you do the rest with the same person?

Is this the latest you can get it, that we know so far?

I don't have the game yet, but just wondering. I'm just going by what I read on here.

Edited by willywonka159

I got mine and thought I was with the same player since the 2nd desert level. When the credits ran, I had actually been playing with 4 different players. When you see the map rundown, it showed a two players on all the cave drawings. I guess I had the same character for the final couple of levels, but I could never tell when it was a different player. I am not sure when the switch happened. I kept with my player and we made it around pretty good.

I have had two runs. I still need to go through the other minor trophies and unlock those with chapter select.

Interesting. The chapter select may be the key to getting this without luck, then.

I've done two runs from the beginning that might have qualified for the Companion trophy:

The first time, I picked up a partner on the bridge level and we stayed together until the end of the underwater level. Picked up a new partner in the temple level and finished the game. Didn't get the trophy. I had 3 people in my "people met" list, so

The time I got the trophy, I lost my partner at the start of the underwater level. I waited for a new person and finished with him. This time there were only 2 people in my "people met" list at the end.

It's odd that it would work starting on the snow level, since that's hardly the "majority" of the journey. Since there are 7 "real" levels (not counting the first, which doesn't allow you a partner), the underwater level (5) would be the natural tipping point. But if it works, it works.

Interesting. The chapter select may be the key to getting this without luck, then.

I've done two runs from the beginning that might have qualified for the Companion trophy:

The first time, I picked up a partner on the bridge level and we stayed together until the end of the underwater level. Picked up a new partner in the temple level and finished the game. Didn't get the trophy. I had 3 people in my "people met" list, so

The time I got the trophy, I lost my partner at the start of the underwater level. I waited for a new person and finished with him. This time there were only 2 people in my "people met" list at the end.

It's odd that it would work starting on the snow level, since that's hardly the "majority" of the journey. Since there are 7 "real" levels (not counting the first, which doesn't allow you a partner), the underwater level (5) would be the natural tipping point. But if it works, it works.

:think:

This is what I think of it:

SCENARIO 1:

If you started the game with no shortcuts(chapter select), then you are obliged to journey from the bridge area til the flying area as a WHOLE JOURNEY. So if you're with a friend with the majority of that trip until the end, then you'll acquire the trophy. I acquired this with Nathan from Bridge to the end thus he was the only companion I met stated in the end credits and this scenario is truly a 100% journey with a friend.

SCENARIO 2:

If you skipped all chapters then proceeded to the snow area, then technically your trip is only the snow and flying areas. Obviously, you'll acquire the trophy 100% chance, coz that buddy will stay with you til the end, especially during the blizzard. Finished it 10 times and I've observed with my random companions that the snow and blizzard area is really an emotional moment wherein you really choose to be side by side.

The only problem that might occur here is at the flying area where your buddy might drift off and you lose contact.

Take note that when you're in a specific area and you want to come back to the CHAPTER SELECT area, your scarf resets and the game warns you that all SAVE will be lost. Indicating that the whole journey will reset. By going straight to the SNOW chapter, your JOURNEY distance count would be shortened, thus the majority of the distance covered is 100percent SNOW and FLYING to achieve the Companion Trophy.

Edited by leigh

I was using chapter select getting the last of my glyphs, and started a new journey, went to the snow chapter, and got the second glyph in that level... and another person with a white cloak ran through it with me pretty much the entire way..., I figured I should probably finish the entire level just to make sure it seen that I had gotten the glyph, and when the game finished I had gotten the Companion trophy..., it actually came as a surprise, I was putting that one off until last, expecting to do a full run through the game with someone pretty much. Funny thing is... the trophy that gave me the most difficulty was Adventure... not sure why lol.