Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure HD

HD Ver. (as in High Definition??) It sure doesn't look like it!!

This is only based on the video I've seen so maybe someone can clear it up for sure.

Is this truly high definition (as with Street Fighter 2 HD Remix) or did Capcom pull a fast one on us and simply add a pixel smoothing filter and call it HD?

For $20 too... Is it me or is Capcom getting more and more greedy as time goes on?

This is only based on the video I've seen so maybe someone can clear it up for sure.

Is this truly high definition (as with Street Fighter 2 HD Remix) or did Capcom pull a fast one on us and simply add a pixel smoothing filter and call it HD?

For $20 too... Is it me or is Capcom getting more and more greedy as time goes on?

Yeah, they pretty much added a pixel smoothing filter. Also, I don't know what you mean by truly HD. I also assumed that HD really just means better than SD. Capcom didn't pull a fast one on us. They told us what we were getting and they gave just that.

It's $20 due to licensing issues. Capcom isn't getting more greedy, they're just trying to make a profit like all companies do.

Edited by diabolix

The reason it is 20 bucks is because of the people who own the rights to the name jojo's. They have high royalties fees. so that is why. I mean look at the other games. They are 15 bucks. But this time it is a game they don't have the rights too.

Also the game looks really nice. They are not going to go back and redo a game that they don't own the rights too. Well at least this one.

I agree with you. The only REAL HD remake of old fighting games is Street Fighetr 2 HD. The others are just rom-emulators with a smooth filter.

Maybe the royalties of Jojo are expensive, but for 20 bucks the should have put a platinum trophy, or even better, ported the (awesome) story mode of the PS1 version, not the dreamcast/arcade crappy one.

Capcom isn't just greedy, they're lazy as hell.

Yeah, they pretty much added a pixel smoothing filter. Also, I don't know what you mean by truly HD. I also assumed that HD really just means better than SD. Capcom didn't pull a fast one on us. They told us what we were getting and they gave just that.

It's $20 due to licensing issues. Capcom isn't getting more greedy, they're just trying to make a profit like all companies do.

I meant "truly HD" as in what Capcom has done with Street Fighter 2 HD Remix, where they had redrawn all of the frames in 720p so it looks crystal clear and not blurred.

Can you imagine how pissed off people would be if Sony started advertising all of their PS1 Classics as HD? Technically they are scaled up to 1080p, but the textures are the lower resolution originals.

I just think Capcom shouldn't call it HD unless they redraw the sprites in HD.

It's just misleading is all.

I wasn't aware this was based on another company's IP.

I thought it was an original Capcom license, but IIRC wasn't their X-Men game only $10? I would imagine X-Men costing much more than JoJo.

Um, which X-Men, seems you're talking about the Beat-em-up from Konami, not Capcom's fighter.

Sorry, I meant Marvel Vs. Street Fighter by Capcom, but take Xmen by Konami as an example as well. Its $10. The Simpsons was $10 or free for Plus users. Surely fox must charge a premium for The Simpsons.

Anyway, my main gripe was the misleading "HD" in the title.

I know they aren't the only ones to do it either, but they should reserve it for

When the sprites are actually HD quality.

I played my SNES upscaled to 1080p, but I'd be reluctant to call it HD.

The reason it is 20 bucks is because of the people who own the rights to the name jojo's. They have high royalties fees. so that is why. I mean look at the other games. They are 15 bucks. But this time it is a game they don't have the rights too.

Also the game looks really nice. They are not going to go back and redo a game that they don't own the rights too. Well at least this one.

*cough* RE4 HD, Code Veronica *cough*