Special Edition

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/JoJo-LE-Detailed.jpg

Namco Bandai has officially announced an August 29 release date for JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle in Japan.

- A copy of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle.

- Golden art plate featuring Giorno & Gold Experience illustrations from original author Hirohiko Araki.

- Jotaro Kujo special figure.

- Limited edition special box.

- Soundtrack disc.

- Hayato Kawajiri notepad (available as pre-order bonus for standard edition).

- Yoshikage Kira playable character download code (available as pre-order bonus for standard edition).

I would so drop the money for that, but the shipping will probably be absurd.

Shipping would more or less be around 15-20 (assuming you are doing overnight shipping as well). The figure is about the same size as the game case so it can't weight that much to warrant a overpriced shipping cost

Shipping would more or less be around 15-20 (assuming you are doing overnight shipping as well). The figure is about the same size as the game case so it can't weight that much to warrant a overpriced shipping cost

Yeah, for some reason I assumed the figure would be bigger even though the box is right behind it and I was dumb enough to ignore it. Might just be the hype getting to me.

The special edition pre-order sold out fast in amiami... I guess that's one less temptation.

I have a question. There is a japanese version and a (rest of) Asia version of the game. How does DLC interact with this; same store or different? Guessing I will have to create a new account for downloading Kira, but that could get troublesome for buying other DLC.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I know I would have to stick to one store for DLC. Asian version is cheaper but if it's a different PSN store I would buy the Japan version.

Edited by OmegaDenmad
redacting a bit

As far as I know ANY DLC for any game is region-locked. So say u got a code for Kira from the JPN ver., you can only redeem it on the JPN PSN Store to use the character with the JPN ver.

Also this is prob. the best response to a rage quit mail to use in this game:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/89530e6424819886a6b791a6bb27b752/tumblr_mimilryUuv1rt3vmuo1_250.png

• 1 month later...
The special edition pre-order sold out fast in amiami... I guess that's one less temptation.

I have a question. There is a japanese version and a (rest of) Asia version of the game. How does DLC interact with this; same store or different? Guessing I will have to create a new account for downloading Kira, but that could get troublesome for buying other DLC.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I know I would have to stick to one store for DLC. Asian version is cheaper but if it's a different PSN store I would buy the Japan version.

They're two separate stores right now, meaning you will need to stick with the store with the same corresponding region as the game. However, apparently the Japan PlayStation Store and the Asia PlayStation Store will merge into one. So by the time the game is released, I bet the DLC for the game will be general.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Man I'd love to get this, but I'm waiting for an American release because I want an American version of this game. Do you think there ever will ever be released to NA or Europe?
Possibly in EU but NA? looooooooooooooooool

So I bought this, ended up paying $250 total and $30 of which is overnight shipping.

It could be released in America, but probably PSN Store only.
Franchise creator doesn't want this game to be released if they have to change the names and I doubt it will sell enough in the US to warrant a fat enough check that he'll allow the names to be changed.

EU a name change won't be required.

Franchise creator doesn't want this game to be released if they have to change the names and I doubt it will sell enough in the US to warrant a fat enough check that he'll allow the names to be changed.

EU a name change won't be required.

That makes no sense especially when we got the Capcom Jojo's Bizarre Adventure game.