IMPORTANT, DLC and Pro Medals

Just a heads up, I'm currently on 29/30 medals and I just discovered something which could add hours onto your 100% time.

Basically, when you have the Team Nasty DLC (or any other that comes in the future) and you load it up in game, your medal count will jump from 30, to 42 for example (Team Nasty DLC has 12 medals.) I'm sure this affects the pro medal trophy as Ive seen from another post on this forum.

BUT DON'T WORRY, aslong as you're on 29 medals or less, and have no played a level from the DLC, you should be fine aslong as you don't touch the "Downloadable Scenes" (something like that) Screen. If you do by accident, and your total medal count jumps above 30, You can quit to XMB and it will reset it to 30 as long as you have not played the DLC.

BETTER YET, Don't install any DLC until you get the Pro Medal trophy

I have not earnt 30 medals YET (as I said, 29/30) but I have had my medal count jump to 42, then I quit to xmb and this reset the count to 30.

I hope this saves people a few hours :)

• 3 months later...
I saw the jump from 30 to 42 pro medals but I didn't know where it came from. I already begun the tougher levels...

Plain and simply its glitched you will need to get all 42 medals. I did the first 30 and hoped i wouldn't need to do the additional 12. I'm going to leave this game for now and come back when i'm feeling more patient, the levels are more frustrating then fun in the DLC. So i doubt i'll bother.

• 2 weeks later...
Plain and simply its glitched you will need to get all 42 medals. I did the first 30 and hoped i wouldn't need to do the additional 12. I'm going to leave this game for now and come back when i'm feeling more patient, the levels are more frustrating then fun in the DLC. So i doubt i'll bother.

Even i've deleted all the same data + game itself, redownload it and install it without patch, it still counts 42 not 30.

Yeah, when you quit and enter this game again it shows 30 but when you complete any level, it'll return to 42.

So by conclusion, what i downloaded is a version patched. How could it be possible? Hello Games makes all the players have to purchase the dlc because this game is free for PS+?

Hello Games=Hell Games.

Even i've deleted all the same data + game itself, redownload it and install it without patch, it still counts 42 not 30.

Yeah, when you quit and enter this game again it shows 30 but when you complete any level, it'll return to 42.

So by conclusion, what i downloaded is a version patched. How could it be possible? Hello Games makes all the players have to purchase the dlc because this game is free for PS+?

Hello Games=Hell Games.

I was thinking this too, but then I thought it can't be so. If you go the "Downloadable Tours" option at the menu there's one that's free with a few tracks inside. This is where the other 12 pro medals come from I believe.

I was thinking this too, but then I thought it can't be so. If you go the "Downloadable Tours" option at the menu there's one that's free with a few tracks inside. This is where the other 12 pro medals come from I believe.

No, it can't be.

12 pro medals mean at least 12 dlc tours, hello games won't give us such a benefit.

No, it can't be.

12 pro medals mean at least 12 dlc tours, hello games won't give us such a benefit.

Idk then. Under "Downloadable Tours" for me, there's one called "Nasty Championship" with 5 different categories in it (one for each Nasty racer). Some of the races have pro medals and some don't - it adds up to 12 across the 5 categories. I know I never bought the DLC for this game, I just got it off EU PS+ with a trial code. I do remember when I downloaded it though, before the main download, there was a quick little 6 KB download. I didn't know what it was. Perhaps that was this downloadable tour? Idk why but that's all I can think of.

Idk then. Under "Downloadable Tours" for me, there's one called "Nasty Championship" with 5 different categories in it (one for each Nasty racer). Some of the races have pro medals and some don't - it adds up to 12 across the 5 categories. I know I never bought the DLC for this game, I just got it off EU PS+ with a trial code. I do remember when I downloaded it though, before the main download, there was a quick little 6 KB download. I didn't know what it was. Perhaps that was this downloadable tour? Idk why but that's all I can think of.

That's a unlock-file.

In fact what i care about is not 4 euros for the dlc, it's the extra time i should spend for dlc. This game is really interesting but also pain-in-my-ass, i thought i can finish it in max 2 days but it seems not.

2 years ago i could enjoy the 1st DJ because at that moment i hadn't any other game to play. But look at the schedule of PS3 games in this March.

All I can say about pro medals is that it doesn´t matter if you touch "Nasty Championship" DLC (which is free) or not, medal count always increase from 30 to 42 everytime you finish first level of the game. I´ve tested it with new account and tried different things like play game offline, don´t install patch, delete Joe Danger 1 game and save file etc. So for "24 Carat Joe!" trophy you need to get all 42 pro medals. These 12 extra pro medals increase difficulty of getting "100%" from easy to very hard because DLC contains hardest levels from first game including famous level "Insert Disk 2". I have my game from EU store, maybe US version of game is different and you need only 30 pro medals for trophy.

All I can say about pro medals is that it doesn´t matter if you touch "Nasty Championship" DLC (which is free) or not, medal count always increase from 30 to 42 everytime you finish first level of the game. I´ve tested it with new account and tried different things like play game offline, don´t install patch, delete Joe Danger 1 game and save file etc. So for "24 Carat Joe!" trophy you need to get all 42 pro medals. These 12 extra pro medals increase difficulty of getting "100%" from easy to very hard because DLC contains hardest levels from first game including famous level "Insert Disk 2". I have my game from EU store, maybe US version of game is different and you need only 30 pro medals for trophy.

Yeah just found this out the hard way. Had 2 levels left to get pro medals from the Nasty Championship, but they were pretty much impossible, spent a good 200 tries on each and didn't make it. So I deleted my save file thinking if I played through without touching the "Downloadable Tours" screen the medal count would stay at 30... I was wrong. And I didn't back up my save like an idiot... So now I have absolutely no pro medals, and there's no way in hell I'm doing all of it over again, so I give up on this game.

US version has not the extra 12 tours, because there isn't any dlc of JD2 in US STORE. I think the trial version of EU includes the dlc so we have to play the extra 12.

Thank god i have also a US PS+ account so i can wait. JD is a excellent game but hunting for its trophies isn't a funny trip.:whistle:

US version has not the extra 12 tours, because there isn't any dlc of JD2 in US STORE. I think the trial version of EU includes the dlc so we have to play the extra 12.

Thank god i have also a US PS+ account so i can wait. JD is a excellent game but hunting for its trophies isn't a funny trip.:whistle:

So the EU version ALWAYS has 42 pro medals, but the US version has 30 (unless you load up the DLC)? So the only way I could 100% this game with 30 pro medals is to do it on the US version? I have a US code ~ might just do that - all the levels are much easier in comparison to a few of the Nasty Championship ones - I wouldn't mind doing that.

EDIT: actually managed to beat those 2 ridiculous levels. too bad i deleted my save though - well at least the deleted scenes and movie mode will be extremely easy now

Edited by solstice

So the EU version ALWAYS has 42 pro medals, but the US version has 30 (unless you load up the DLC)? So the only way I could 100% this game with 30 pro medals is to do it on the US version? I have a US code ~ might just do that - all the levels are much easier in comparison to a few of the Nasty Championship ones - I wouldn't mind doing that.

EDIT: actually managed to beat those 2 ridiculous levels. too bad i deleted my save though - well at least the deleted scenes and movie mode will be extremely easy now

Confirmed: US version has also the 12 extra pro medals...Hello Games, kiss my ass...

I thought it was weird downloadable tours counted for pro medals oh well only 2 left the last one took forever though all because of that stupid vertical conveyorbelt took me over 600 tries to figure out how to grab the star and get up it properly

Sounds like The Redeemer probably, that one's a pain in the ass. I can get all the medals individually pretty easily but can't get 'em all at the same time. I feel like I might get it eventually, but Trial of Disaster and Insert Disk 2 are just absurd. I haven't even finished the levels let alone gotten all the medals on one run.

Sounds like The Redeemer probably, that one's a pain in the ass. I can get all the medals individually pretty easily but can't get 'em all at the same time. I feel like I might get it eventually, but Trial of Disaster and Insert Disk 2 are just absurd. I haven't even finished the levels let alone gotten all the medals on one run.

The trick is getting up the escalator right, jump off the ramp and boost to get the star then stop pressing r2 and just let yourself coast to the ramp, you can hit the target at the top at 49 secs. I just beat the last two today insert disk 2 took me 3 hours do yourself a favor and double jump over those posts where the targets are between two half the time when ducking you'll bounce up and hit it and the other half you'll lose your combo.

The trick is getting up the escalator right, jump off the ramp and boost to get the star then stop pressing r2 and just let yourself coast to the ramp, you can hit the target at the top at 49 secs. I just beat the last two today insert disk 2 took me 3 hours do yourself a favor and double jump over those posts where the targets are between two half the time when ducking you'll bounce up and hit it and the other half you'll lose your combo.

I'm getting pretty close with ID2 today so hopefully I'll get it soon. Thanks for the tip on The Redeemer, I haven't been even remotely close on time trying to get that and the bananas.

It looks like they may have "fixed" this. In the version I downloaded from the store on 3/15 completing the first stage of the DLC does not change your medal count. I say "fixed" though because it looks like you'll have to complete all of the Pro Medals in the Nasty Championship to get the 24 Carat Joe trophy.

So after that you've earned all the normal 30 pro medals, even if it shows 30/30 for pro medals, you didn't get the trophy???????????????????:confused:

So after that you've earned all the normal 30 pro medals, even if it shows 30/30 for pro medals, you didn't get the trophy???????????????????:confused:

No, because from the start it said 0/42 in my game. When I got to 30/42 nothing happened. If I restart the game sometimes I can get it to say 30/30 before starting a level but don't get the trophy.