Oh Yeah...1,000 Miles. AND I DROVE EVERY DAMN ONE OF THEM!

Reaper Cloud

This trophy (Explorer) is easily my proudest one to date. One, it is very low for a rarity percentage. Two, it suffers from people cheating with the glitch, making it even more rare for those who ACTUALLY drive the whole time themselves.

I played through Jimmy's Vendetta on Easy, and after not having a Million points, I had to play through on Normal. Getting over one Million on Normal, my miles were at around 200. So for four days, I drove three hours each day. My average was around 66.6 miles per hour, since you have to stop to get gas, or to make repairs (depending on how much you wreck).

So anyone who even begins to play Jimmy's Vendetta could spend five days driving to get this trophy out of the way. Or, if they don't mind driving five hours a day, it could be done in three days.

Now, getting back to those who would rather (and it's so pathetic) abuse a glitch to get the Million points and the 1,000 miles. It will take you (from what I've read) 30 hours to get this, since it goes MUCH slower than it does when you drive and play (GASP!). Even with my extra run on the story missions, I was done at 28 hours. If I had advanced knowledge about skipping Easy, my time would had been 22 hours. PLUS I have the pleasure of knowing that I EARNED these trophies on my own.

There you go. It is very easy to earn these, and no real skill is required. Whether or not you decide to cheat is up to you.

• 1 month later...
Now, getting back to those who would rather (and it's so pathetic) abuse a glitch to get the Million points and the 1,000 miles.

I don't comprehend why it's pathetic to abuse a glitch, particularly this one. People paid for the game/DLC, so they can play it how they choose. It takes almost as long to drive 1,000 miles as it does to get the main game platinum. I'm two trophies away from the plat and I've barely driven 200 miles. To each his own, but why would anyone wanna do this for one bronze trophy?

• Like 1

The problem I had with the Explorer trophy was that it was soooo out of proportion compared to the other trophies. Not that I wanted the other grind trophies to be even grindier! But it's just that, I think everyone who has gone for that trophy must have wondered what the hell they 2k were thinking putting it in. If you would have an average speed of 100 mph (which is pretty much impossible to have) it would take 10 hours, just driving.

But I used the glitch so it wasn't that big deal for me :p

• 2 weeks later...

Well good for you for wasting all that time getting this retarded trophy.

Myself? I will take advantage of the glitch as I have done the story twice and even replayed a bunch of driving missions a few extra times and I am only at 294.18 Miles driven.

I mean it's cool they wanted to extend the game a bit and give you more for 10 bucks, but this trophy is a complete waste of time.

• 1 month later...

I drove these 1 000 miles couple of weeks ago and man it felt good when the trophy finally popped.

Anyone else who wants to do it legit, note this: JV's save files' miles combine together!

I noticed this because I played first on normal and didn't get enough points for millionaire so I decided to start new one on hard difficulty in save slot 2. It works with Massacre trophy too.

What do you have against people using a glitch? :mad: congrats on getting a trophy that i'm sure a lot of people used a glitch cause they didnt want to do a boring and long trophy like 1,000 miles legit. i'm glad you had fun? i might use a glitch if i get bored of this cause the driving is really boring. your problem, not mine. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Just drove 600 miles today, proud of not using a glitch, people who thinks cheating is allowed just because it's boring/stupid/whatever are the worst, if you're not interested in doing it legit, then don't do it at all, you're not doing any better than the people that hacks trophies

Just drove 600 miles today, proud of not using a glitch, people who thinks cheating is allowed just because it's boring/stupid/whatever are the worst, if you're not interested in doing it legit, then don't do it at all, you're not doing any better than the people that hacks trophies

no offense but go pick a fight with someone else. if we paid money for it, then let us do with our game what we please. and yes i did a lot of miles legit so i can finish. don't start passing judgment like the TC was doing.:thumbsdown:

Edited by CRD 100

• 1 month later...

Well I agree people shouldn't do the glitch for the millionaire trophy as it's easily doable legit, but the driving trophy is just ridiculous...I haven't used the glitch but I'm not against people who have. I completed the DLC on hard with 120 miles clocked up. It's an error of judgment by the developers and 1000 miles is simply too much. It actually takes a lot longer to leave the game doing the glitch than spending time driving around yourself...the only saving grave is boredom so it's not even cheating by saving time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not entirely sure why you're so proud of having done it legit and why you think it's so pathetic that people used a glitch?

You've completely wasted a lot of your time doing something mind numbingly boring whereas I just left my PS3 on overnight for a few nights in a row.

Admittedly, I've done some very boring things too for trophies, but if there'd been a shortcut for some of those trophies I would have taken it.

I actually think that part of the development team disagreed about this trophy and someone deliberately put the glitch in so that one can get it easily. How did someone just happen across the glitch? Driving at the correct angle into the correct shop when there are hundreds of places you can drive into. :think: Not sure if it's true or not, but that's what I like to think.

This is one of the dumbest trophies in the history of trophies.

I think it deserves an award. :D

• 1 month later...

I did it legit ... but would have preferred not to.

Basically I found the game would pause at random times while falling, and it didn't matter if I had a rubber band on the controller or auto-off turned off and a cable connected. Coupled with how slow the miles accrue once you hit the bottom of the falling area, it was just too much effort for the 9 - 20 miles I'd get overnight before it paused.

Ended up leaving it til I was done getting the 1mil points through missions, then did laps of the city for a while. Ended up figuring out that laps of the Grand Upper Bridge in a fully upgraded Roller GT was the fastest way to chalk up miles.

I just listened to music or would have chats on the phone while doing it. Strangely after a long day at work, there was something oddly therapeutic about it.

Still, 1000 miles was way too much. 500 would have been more reasonable though still a stretch. Even if you played all three difficulties from start to finish you'd be less than 500. Either they were being jerks when they decided on it, or it was a mistake/error of judgement in assuming how many miles people would reasonably drive.

• 2 weeks later...

To those who earned the trophy legitimately, I salute you. :)

For those who cheated, enjoy having a trophy that you DID not earn. If you are not PLAYING a game and just let it run on its own...what's the point?! If you do this for one trophy, why even play the game at all? I actually enjoy driving games, and made a mini game out of the driving. How fast I could get on the Highway, how many cars I avoided, how long I could go before I ran out of gas, how many cops I could mess with, etc.

I would LOVE to read about someone who left their PS3 on for a couple of days straight for this trophy, just to have it YLOD on them. :D

• 1 month later...

Congratulations!

Not looking forward to starting my stint of driving off :S Thouroughly enjoyed the dlc though.

EDIT:- Completed the 1000miles last night, after two playthroughs I was at 250 miles. In total I spent 29 hours on Vendetta, and I too drove every last mile :) I've had worse gaming grinds to deal with but I'm so pleased its done now.

Edited by Animal

• 5 months later...

Well I used the glitch to get these trophies. I am not going to spend that much time in this DLC driving 1000 miles. The city isnt even that big, and even with fully maxed out cars, I quickly ran out of things to do and *Drive* to.

I would much rather go out and do some quality things, like go to a movie, go play paintball, go sleep, watch some television, or have this falling through the map and getting this stupid fuck trophy than driving around for 1000 miles legit.

Its dumb and retarded.

So I am so sorry you wasted your time by driving every damn mile!, My time is too valuable to waste doing that shit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

More like an "opened-up" exploit...

It's kinda strange that in all the places of Empire City, why only fall in one particular shop and not the same "Kitchenettes" that are all over the place. I suspect this is 2K Czech's way of "offering" an easy way out to those that have "other (albeit more important) things to do in life"... Only one way that this glitch had been discovered... through a "leaked" info... probably more than a thousand buildings in the game and you happen to find the only one that triggers the exploit. Nonetheless, for whatever reason on the discovery, I still am grateful for that "glitch". Kudoz to whoever found it first!

These 2 trophies, 1M points and 1K miles are utterly pointless and sadistic. Whoever suggested this to the game's designing team is retarded. In the main game, they shoved 159 wanted posters in our face. 2K Czech is among a few games developers that I included in my avoid-if-you-can list... 2K is known for their "collectibles". I've enjoyed "The Darkness/Darkness II", SpecOps: The Line and others that had collectibles as well, but nothing as crazy as this.

Only one thing I could think of on why Mafia 2 "completionist" players are "forced" with no choice but to do this stupid ritual... It's simply to "show off" their "masterpiece" by forcibly making us drive the equivalent of 3 play throughs, in the hope perhaps that we would go "ohhhh... ahhhh... marvelous buildings... great detail". Well we don't have to do a clean sweep on every road for that you know...

Yes the game is magnificently done with quite a lot of attention to detail (bravo... bravo...), BUT do you really have to create a system where in players would definitely have to scour every alley in the whole map for a bronze trophy? This is obviously the same formula they used when we were treated with 159 "definitely-not-so-easy-to-find-without-a-guide" fuckin' posters with their (OMFG-WTF) faces on them (with only a handful of women). Do they really have to advertise their identities to us? Not like we need to know exactly who were behind the game. Hellooooo, there's a reason why we have ending credits. No different from graffiti or tagging - it as more like a "hey-world-remember-this-name"... How lame and insecure!

Ranting over... As for glitching this 1,000 miles trophy. I think driving legit is more practical (and quicker) than glitching it.

It only awards 0.01 mile per jump, so if my calculations are correct that's about 100,000 jumps to get 1K miles from scratch. It's more like a "leap frog" than an actual jump. It's peanuts!

To drive from the clothes shop in Southport (going towards Derek's) to the corner of the block is about 0.09 miles... so that's basically 9 jumps. To drive that corner block will roughly take 3-4 seconds, where as a single "jump" would probably also take same time. Which means you actually are 9 times more quicker to accomplish things if you drive instead of glitching...

I'll probably do both though... glitch when I shower or do the cooking... and when I'm free I'll just drag my ass into driving this shit...

Probably going to do the bridge "laps" as some suggested and see how practical that one is. I'm at 388.89 miles at the moment... still a fracking long way to go!

EDIT: A bridge lap does take a little more than a mile to complete. Though I have formulated a (personal) way to accomplish the 1K mile with a bit of "reason/meaning", rather than mindlessly go around in circles.

CARJACKING and selling the cars to Derek... I've set myself to accomplish $1,000,000 (just for the sake of it). Not that it's important or anything, just the illusion that you are rewarded for your efforts. Drive to the Observatory looking for an ISW 508 (which pays about 4,500) and return to the docks to sell it. Surely that will shed a few miles of your goal each time... When this gets old, set yourself to look for an area specific car to sell... rinse repeat...

But by the rate on how things are going, I think I would get the $1M first than the 1K mile... oh well, make it $2M then!

Edited by Naps