Rate the trophy difficulty...  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_55.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.40

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I give this a four. If you were to compare this to something like WipEout HD, this is unchallenging at best.

But in terms of fun, this game excels in ways I've never experienced in racing games before (last 'cart racer' I played was Mario Cart on SNES). What brought me in was Jimmie Johnson, but I stayed for the strangely innovative gameplay and structure.

Excellent game.

• 11 months later...

I gave it a 5/10 Platinum Difficulty Rating

Once you can find a boosting partner for the online trophies, and can get past the most annoying AI rubber banding system this game is not that hard of a platinum.

Just a tip for playing the game you don't have to win every race in the championship, as it is based off of points racing. Just average the highest amount of points coming into the Jimmie Johnson boss battle at the end of each Championship.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Voted 6 because this can be rubberband hell at times. Once you learn the most effective way to use your weapons and some shortcuts, it's not so bad though. The hardest cup for me was actually the very first one.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. I didn't think I would ever clear this after several frustrating hours on the first Cup. I would say 8-9/10 at that point.

But once you learn some strategies, and use the correct Kart, it become much easier. In fact, the final Diamond Cup I got 570 out of 600 possible points.

I still ended up going 6/10 just because of the initial frustration.

• 3 years later...
Voted 6 because this can be rubberband hell at times. Once you learn the most effective way to use your weapons and some shortcuts, it's not so bad though. The hardest cup for me was actually the very first one.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. I didn't think I would ever clear this after several frustrating hours on the first Cup. I would say 8-9/10 at that point.

But once you learn some strategies, and use the correct Kart, it become much easier. In fact, the final Diamond Cup I got 570 out of 600 possible points.

I still ended up going 6/10 just because of the initial frustration.

I think these two sum it up well. Gave it a 5. I don't have any really tough karting plats, the 'hardest' would be Ben 10 which is similar in that the hardest cup is the first one. But this game is definitely a notch higher than it. The first few sessions of this game featured a lot of screaming and swearing, even when I was making progress. The game seems really really cheap. Thankfully you can get really lucky on the point-splitting - I won the first cup going 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5 - and can redo individual events, even after you've finished the cup which is huge.

After the cups, I'd say the hardest thing for me was the Castle Crashers time trial. LOTS of retries due to the tight square corners/180s - very unforgiving course.

I got ridiculously lucky on Pacifist. First opponent was the dumpster (slow) on Route 66. Somehow on early lap 2 (round 3) he got stuck or something - I was half a lap ahead easily and the rubber banding never closed the distance. Not even close.

Edited by Stork77