This game suuuucks!

Spraragen88

Why is the tutorial mode really a challenge mode? This game sucks, there is no way new people will ever be able to pull this off.

The controls are sooo bullcrap too. Why does the guy fly off to the left or right when you are only pressing forward on the dpad?

How do people even do tricks really, I have found it to be hit or miss with 90% being miss. I press jump and boost at the same time and nothing ever happens. To have to do a trick into a wall grind then a trick off the wall grind onto a rail grind is ridiculous. Worst $10 I have ever spent.

Why is the tutorial mode really a challenge mode? This game sucks, there is no way new people will ever be able to pull this off.

The controls are sooo bullcrap too. Why does the guy fly off to the left or right when you are only pressing forward on the dpad?

How do people even do tricks really, I have found it to be hit or miss with 90% being miss. I press jump and boost at the same time and nothing ever happens. To have to do a trick into a wall grind then a trick off the wall grind onto a rail grind is ridiculous. Worst $10 I have ever spent.

Ah, this explains why you gave the game a 10/10. The tutorial is definitely the worst tutorial I've ever seen, but this is the sort of game that you learn by doing. I played through it four times and gained the most frustration from the tutorial, as yes, I was confused as to what the fuck I was doing, but it was extremely worth learning it for the absolutely amazing soundtrack and unique gameplay. The game was worth every (discounted) cent.

Maybe if you give the game a chance, you'll learn to love it. No point wasting $10.

Also, there's a reason why it was called Jet Grind Radio in America - the tricks are almost entirely done by grinding, not by doing flips and shit.

Edited by Dark_Raven666

I only ever played jet set radio future before I played this and I class them as total different games even no thay are the same game. So I say I'm new to this and it's Not that hard. But I understand why you think it's hard as the tutorial is misleading. 1 You dont need to jump and boos to do tricks. YOU will do air trick if your going fast enough nothing els. 2 do grind tricks it tell you to. You can do grind tricks by pressing R2 or L2. But it will slow you Down. Once you relise this the tutorial is pice piss mate. The you just got to find the route round the area will still doing on long trick combo.

Basically what everyone else said. Trust me, you'll be grateful the game's tutorial is this tricky. Without learning all of the tricks here, you won't be able to even get past the story mode. And if you're hoping for a 100%, you can kiss that goodbye since it requires you to get the highest score rank in every story level.

Give the game a chance, don't give up on it. It's super worth it.

Basically what everyone else said. Trust me, you'll be grateful the game's tutorial is this tricky. Without learning all of the tricks here, you won't be able to even get past the story mode. And if you're hoping for a 100%, you can kiss that goodbye since it requires you to get the highest score rank in every story level.

Give the game a chance, don't give up on it. It's super worth it.

I didn't do the tutorial on JGR originally and 100%ed the game.

I agree with Topic Creater. This game does suck. The game doesn't support Widescreen TV's so your have a huge Square of All Black. Not to mention the game isn't very fun to play. Cops are annoying as hell,you need to constantly find Canisters to tag, massive slowdown etc...! Not to mention 9 Trophies when 360 got 30 Achievements. Basically the game is a bad port. Sonic Adventure supports Widescreen TV's and doesn't have all that Black on the screen. If the game was $5 or Free I would get it. I'm spending my hard earned $$$ on Okami.

I agree with Topic Creater. This game does suck. The game doesn't support Widescreen TV's so your have a huge Square of All Black. Not to mention the game isn't very fun to play. Cops are annoying as hell,you need to constantly find Canisters to tag, massive slowdown etc...! Not to mention 9 Trophies when 360 got 30 Achievements. Basically the game is a bad port. Sonic Adventure supports Widescreen TV's and doesn't have all that Black on the screen. If the game was $5 or Free I would get it. I'm spending my hard earned $$$ on Okami.

Have you ever made a positive post on these forums? I don't think you have.

:confused:

Um I played the whole game on a widescreen TV and there was no black area.

I have a 53" inch Widescreen TV and the game isn't Full-Screen like everybody says it is. I just played the Demo and it wasent full-screen. That aside the full game HD Version didn't receive decent scores. Okami is the game to get.

http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/uexc_attach/hatersgonnahategangnam.gif