Trophy Difficulty Rating

ShadowAFC

Rate the trophy difficulty  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/funkyweed/Difficulty%20Threads/trophy_60.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.96

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Labartu

I just got my 100% and decided to go with a 6. Originally, I was thinking a 7, but that dropped to a 5 after I learnt how to play it properly. Bumped up to the 6 because of that damn Noise Tank challenge, as I made it stupidly hard for myself by using big ol' Goji.

Overall, nothing too bad. Once you know your way around, Jetting all the levels is really quite easy, plus the Graffiti Souls weren't too hard to find. Adjusting to the game is the hardest part, really.

Game has the worst controls making this a difficult 10/10.

If you are new to the series it does very little to teach you how to do ANYTHING.

I'm new to the series and adapted relatively easily. Sure, the controls are clunky, but there is very little to learn. There's only three buttons and the analog sticks, with only four actions - move, jump, spray, dash. Using the controls as an excuse to give it a 10/10 is extremely harsh, but whatever.

Game has the worst controls making this a difficult 10/10.

If you are new to the series it does very little to teach you how to do ANYTHING.

Of course it doesn't have great controls, the game is 12 years old :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'd give it a 5. I played the original on Dreamcast quite a bit though. For newcomers I'd say maybe a 6 or 7. Once you get used to the controls, the actual gameplay is pretty easy.

I also didn't go for Jet rankings till my second time through which probably made the chapter 2 levels easier since I wasn't limited to only Combo and Cube. I thought Fight or Flight was the hardest to Jet but that's because I kept going for too many green tags and running out of time.

Nor did I, the controls are easy to catch onto. Don't know why everyone's complaining about clunky handling. :|

Because everyone expects things to be laid on a platter for them. Most people seem to forget that the game is 12 years old, so of course controls wouldn't be the best...

• 1 month later...

Voted a 5. The controls are easy to get used to its just learning the levels thats take some time. On my second playthru it was easy to Jet the levels without the guide. Only took me two tries to jet fight or flight cause i died the first time. Used a guide for the graffiti souls which didnt take that long.

I first saw JSR on the Xbox. Only that i didn't know it was the sequel (JSR: Future). But, since i never owned an Xbox and instead jumped on the 360 i never got to play it. Forward to now and the original JSR is free for PS+ users on the Vita so i had to give it a go.

The controls take some getting used to and the physics in this game are a mess. Kinda like Assassin's Creed when your character does something you didn't want to. But, once you master the controls that's when things start getting fun and the story and characters are very cool too.

I give it a 7/10 difficulty. It may rank lower on consoles just because i'd imagine it's easier to control with a controller than on the Vita. There's also some difficult levels to get perfect ranks (Jet rankings) and some hard to get graffitic souls (collectibles). Unlocking all the characters may take a couple of playthroughs as well. But, if you want a challenging game that rewards skill then this is your game.

• 1 month later...

Voted for 6. The game can be really fun but this freezes and bugs can make the process of playing very annoying. The hardest was tutorial trophy, its strange but its true. Main story and jets ranks were not so hard at all, just practice and anyone can do it.

Voted for 6. The game can be really fun but this freezes and bugs can make the process of playing very annoying. The hardest was tutorial trophy, its strange but its true. Main story and jets ranks were not so hard at all, just practice and anyone can do it.

Playing it on Vita was much more annoying on PS3 thanks to those stupid crashes. It was unbelievable the number of times I had almost finished a level just for the game to crash on me :mad:

Playing it on Vita was much more annoying on PS3 thanks to those stupid crashes. It was unbelievable the number of times I had almost finished a level just for the game to crash on me :mad:

I understand you). By the way it can be helpful: I found if you play 2 or 3 missions and then close and restart the game again there will be no freezes. So some nerves can be saved.

Played this on Vita and I had similar crashing problems. Thankfully none while working on Jet rankings. I don't know how it is on console but on handheld I found the controls very troublesome and overly sensitive. I was constantly jumping at bad angles and some of the tag races were infuriating. Getting Jet rankings on all story missions isn't easy either. Giving this a 5.

I'm nearing 100% on both PS3 and Vita, and honestly I find the Vita version much better. I find the graffiti QTEs on Vita are much more precise and I rarely mess up, while the PS3 sometimes I do the action and nothing happens, or cancels on me twice screwing up my combo and losing 2 graffiti cans in the process. Also the PS3 version pauses every so often for a 3rd of a second, and has a huge drop in framerate on the Bantam St. Rooftops that throws me off the wallride combo.

I never had a Dreamcast so I had never played this before, I did get to play JSR Future a number of years ago at my friends place for a little bit (he hated it so we only played it for like 20 minutes) and I loved it. Style, funk, and roller blading... Awesomeness.

The fact I only paid a combined $2.50 for both versions (PS+ discount, and Free on Vita), makes me enjoy these even more.

Difficulty 5/10.

Trouble spots: - Benten-Cho Jet Crush race with TAB

- Fight or Flight Jet Ranking

- Grind Square Jet Ranking without Gum/Pirahna/Yo-Yo (nearly impossible, took me 20 attempts and even then I only got 50,050pts)

Edited by Skopintsev

• 5 months later...

Voted 5.

The game seems harder than it is at first, like all others said, just need to play it a bit, learn the levels etc. Getting through the first playthrough was actually harder for me than doing jet rankings on the second go, where I only had problems with Fight or Flight.

Really think the controls are quite good for this game, I mean they respond to what you do so, dunno what the problem is :)