To unlock all characters?

souter

Yes. But to unlock Pots The Dog, you need to beat story mode with a Jet ranking, load up your save and beat all levels with a Jet rank again.

That's not true. After unlocking all other characters, you just need to play through and complete The Monster of Kogane before Benten Boogie. Then once you complete Chapter 2, a rival gang member will challenge you. Beating his challenges will unlock Potts. Ranking is irrelevant.

That's not true. After unlocking all other characters, you just need to play through and complete The Monster of Kogane before Benten Boogie. Then once you complete Chapter 2, a rival gang member will challenge you. Beating his challenges will unlock Potts. Ranking is irrelevant.

Really? Wow, my memory needs help. Thanks for clarifying. :p

I think I'd be able to pull it off, but I'd be bald since I'd have torn all of my hair out by the time I'm finished. :p

I guess once you have the skill to do it once, you could probably do it twice without too much stress - not that it matters. I just wish the game had a restart option... having to quit out of a level and go back to the garage whenever I screw up a Jet ranking is tedious.

I guess once you have the skill to do it once, you could probably do it twice without too much stress - not that it matters. I just wish the game had a restart option... having to quit out of a level and go back to the garage whenever I screw up a Jet ranking is tedious.

I'm saving my Jet playthrough for later because of that. I tried to go for a Jet from the get-go but I'm still rusty as hell. I'm just gonna innocently play through the game to get a good enough percentage to post my guide already, then I'll worry about the Jet playthrough and those darn graffiti souls, haha.

I'm saving my Jet playthrough for later because of that. I tried to go for a Jet from the get-go but I'm still rusty as hell. I'm just gonna innocently play through the game to get a good enough percentage to post my guide already, then I'll worry about the Jet playthrough and those darn graffiti souls, haha.

Yeah I'm going for the Jets right now, but I'm not fussed if I fail some of them, I can do that next playthrough.

Do the Jet ratings stack?

For example: If I only unlock the Love Shockers on one playthrough, will the corresponding Jet ratings still count as completed in the next one?

Yeah, they count across playthroughs, so you won't have to get Jet ranking every playthrough if you've already earned it on certain levels.

Ok so what if we dont get a jet rating? Like the screen pops up and says that I got Nitro, do I have to immediately quit the game and load it back up? Is that the only way to make it not save?

I'm pretty sure it saves as soon as that appears, so quitting would risk save corruption. You'd be better off just playing through the game and getting Jet the next playthrough.

Also, I can confirm that it is only the Story Mode levels that are required for the characters. I just unlocked Noise Tanks upon completing my last Benten-Cho level on Jet, whilst I still had Graffiti Crush on Benten-Cho un-Jetted. That means in total there are 15 levels: 4 Shibuya, 4 Kogane, 5 Benten, 2 Grind City.

Ok so what if we dont get a jet rating? Like the screen pops up and says that I got Nitro, do I have to immediately quit the game and load it back up? Is that the only way to make it not save?

I quit the game twice after a Nitro, and nothing bad happened. From my experience, it's safe to quit as soon as the rating pops up.

All story levels have cutscenes after them, he's right that you have quite a bit of time to exit out before it saves, but make a backup save just in case
Yeah I realised before that they all have cutscenes, I was just thinking some didn't have any as I had grown used to skipping them by my 3rd playthrough, so I always thought there were no cutscenes :rolleyes: