Jeremy McGrath's Offroad - Trophy Guide & Roadmap

http://i.imgur.com/pXumlET.png

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 2.5/10

-Offline (breakdown) 12 (7(B), 4(S), 1(G))

-Online (breakdown) None

-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 9-12 hours (7+ towards 1000 Miles)

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

-Number of missable trophies None

-Glitched trophies None

-Does difficulty affect trophies? No, all Career Events can be completed on Amateur difficulty.

-Do cheat codes disable trophies? There are no cheats for this game.

Introduction:

Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad is a casual arcade offroad racing game anyone can pick up and enjoy regardless of racing prowess. Featuring a Career mode, Arcade Mode, and an Online, this game boasts 5 upgradable car classes - each with 8 different vehicle skins to choose from. Offering both Point to Point and Circuit events, there are 6 different Circuits, and one Point to Point to choose from featuring locations like the Netherlands, Ecuador, Utah, California, and more.

Walkthrough:

Step 1 - Career Mode: This will get you used to the game, as well as knock out a majority of the trophies. You can play using either a traditional controller, or a wheel and pedals. To use a wheel and pedals, make sure they are properly connected before loading the game. The wheel will calibrate during the loading screen should your wheel support that feature. To view controls, from the Main Menu go to Options and press :l1: or :r1: 3 times; these controls can be changed to 1 of 5 possible presets. You can set the AI Difficulty to Amateur to make things really easy, as well as upgrade vehicles to improve overall performance. During a race, various actions will reward you with xp. For every 1,000 xp you earn, you receive 1 upgrade bar. These bars can be used to upgrade a car’s Handling, Top Speed, Acceleration, and Brakes. I would recommend saving your upgrade bars for Rally Class and Trophy Truck Class as the upgrades affect those cars’ performance greater than earlier models. Completing the Career should take you no less than 2 hours, and net you the following trophies (in the order listed):

• (B)Win First Race
  • (B)Win 3 Races
  • (B)Sportsman Career complete
  • (B)ProLite Career Complete
  • (S)Complete 10 events
  • (B)Pro Buggy Career Complete
  • (B)Play 1 Hour
  • (S)Drive 100 Miles
  • (S)Rally Class Career Complete
  • (G)2XL Gold Award

Step 2 - Time Trial: Go to Arcade Mode and select Chippewa Hill, Michigan. Choose Time Trial, and hop in a Rally Car. After completing 6 laps, Time Trial will unlock.

Step 3 - 1000 Miles: The fastest way to earn this is to go to Arcade Mode, select Chippewa Hill, Michigan and choose Time Trial. Get into a fully upgraded (Handling, Top Speed, and Acceleration) Rally Car, and if you haven’t done anything extra, you should hit 1000 miles in around 156 laps since 1 lap is 5.18 miles. This step should take you around 7 hours if you pull laps faster than a 2:37.00 consistently.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced missing banner.

Trophy Guide

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1018/D21.jpg Sportsman Career Complete (B)

Complete the Sportsman Career Events.

This trophy is career related and cannot be missed. Throughout Career mode you have a ‘leaderboard’ which you can view at the end of each race. To get this trophy, you have to be at the top of the leaderboard at the end of Event #3, Chippewa Hill Open. While you do not have to win each Event, doing so is recommended for the points. Since difficulty doesn’t affect trophies, to make things easier lower the AI Difficulty to Amateur.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1018/3B9.jpg ProLite Career Complete (B)

Complete the ProLite Career Events.

This trophy is career related and cannot be missed. Same concept as Sportsman Career Complete. You have to be at the top of the leaderboard at the end of Event #7, Silver Streak 300 to unlock this trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1018/03C.jpg Win First Race (B)

Win any race.

To earn this trophy simply win any race. To make things easier, in the race select screen press :triangle: to change the difficulty to Amateur. The easiest race to win is the first one in Career, which is called “BITD – Mythic Invitational.” Alternatively, this can be done in Arcade mode using track select and making desired changes to event settings.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1018/126.jpg Time Trials (B)

Race 5 laps against your Ghost in Time Trial Mode.

See Drive 1000 Miles.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1018/DAB.jpg Play 1 Hour (B)

Play the game for 1 hour.

See Drive 100 Miles.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1018/E1A.jpg Win 3 Races (B)

Win 3 races in a row.

Like Win First Race, this trophy is incredibly easy and will probably be obtained naturally. The easiest spot in Career is races 1-3. Alternatively, this can be done in Arcade mode. I recommend the track Mythic, Utah. Set the AI Difficulty to Amateur, and the laps to 1. You can do this 3 times in a row to get the trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1018/BB6.jpg Pro Buggy Career Complete (B)

Complete the Pro Buggy Career Events.

This trophy is career related and cannot be missed. Same concept as the other two. To grab this one, you need to be at the top of the leaderboard at the end of Event #12, World Mail Express 250.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1018/C4A.jpg Rally Class Career Complete (S)

Complete the Rally Class Career Events.

This trophy is career related and cannot be missed. Just like the last one, you need to be at the top of the leaderboard at the end of the last event in the Rally Class, which is Event #17, Anniston Walker 500.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1018/06F.jpg Drive 100 Miles (S)

Drive 100 miles total.

This trophy comes naturally while playing through career. Unlocks alongside Play 1 Hour almost simultaneously during the Anniston Walker 500 (Event #17).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1018/C8B.jpg Complete 10 events (S)

Complete 10 events.

This trophy is career related and cannot be missed. See 2XL Gold Award.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1018/300.jpg Drive 1000 Miles (S)

Drive 1000 miles total.

This trophy is the reason the game takes 9-10 hours to platinum. Every inch driven in the game counts towards the 1000 miles, so you will have roughly 165 miles once you complete Career Mode. The easiest way to rack up miles is by going to Arcade Mode, and selecting Chippewa Hill, Michigan. Choose time trial and drive a fully upgraded Rally Car. Each lap is 5.18 miles, and after 6 laps you will earn Time Trials. This leaves you with roughly 156 laps remaining for 1000 miles.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1018/D96.jpg 2XL Gold Award (G)

Complete all events in Career Mode.

This trophy is career related and cannot be missed. To unlock this trophy you must be at the top of the leaderboard at the end of Event #23, 2XL Games Championship. Once you complete your 10th event, you will unlock Complete 10 events.

Edited by lukey52
Editorial sweep

Was my trophy guide and road map inadequate for you? If so I'm curious why you didn't send me a message about something specific rather than challenging the one I already made.

it is not bounty's job to correct your guide. considering your guide is incomplete, not stickied and not using the correct code, i don't blame someone for posting a new guide. just sucks bounty beat me to the punch..lol..

Was my trophy guide and road map inadequate for you? If so I'm curious why you didn't send me a message about something specific rather than challenging the one I already made.

I can't speak for the author, but I'm a little confused. Considering your guide is not stickied and the third guide is not locked yet, it doesn't look like one has been chosen. That means anyone is still welcome to submit their guide.

EDIT: Just noticed ParkMartins' thread is not a guide, so there is no third guide like I said above. My point remains valid though.

Beyond that, the game is still listed here:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/faq/16447-games-need-trophy-guides-road-maps.html

Edited by MFVillin

it is not bounty's job to correct your guide. considering your guide is incomplete, not stickied and not using the correct code, i don't blame someone for posting a new guide. just sucks bounty beat me to the punch..lol..

How is my guide incomplete? The sticky is in process. I changed the code according to what was suggested to me; is there something I missed that you are aware of?

I can't speak for the author, but I'm a little confused. Considering your guide is not stickied and the third guide is not locked yet, it doesn't look like one has been chosen. That means anyone is still welcome to submit their guide.

Beyond that, the game is still listed here:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/faq/16447-games-need-trophy-guides-road-maps.html

I was not aware of that rule. Seems a bit like that could create ill feelings among members instead of ensuring that each guide is the best that it could be.

How is my guide incomplete? The sticky is in process. I changed the code according to what was suggested to me; is there something I missed that you are aware of?

first off, the code for trophy symbols is: (B) (.B.) (S) (.S.) (G) (.G.) (P) (.P.) (all minus the periods). not the :bronze: :silver: :gold: code that you used.

second, a sticky in process is essentially nothing. even if your guide was sticky'd, if another member feels there guide is better and contains a substantial amount useful information more than yours, they can submit their own guide to challenge yours. that competition is what drives better guides.

I was not aware of that rule. Seems a bit like that could create ill feelings among members instead of ensuring that each guide is the best that it could be.

like i mentioned above, that competition is what drives better guides.

Edited by xX_shoemaker_Xx

first off, the code for trophy symbols is: (B) (.B.) (S) (.S.) (G) (.G.) (P) (.P.) (all minus the periods). not the :bronze: :silver: :gold: code that you used.

second, a sticky in process is essentially nothing. even if your guide was sticky'd, if another member feels there guide is better and contains a substantial amount useful information more than yours, they can submit their own guide to challenge yours. that competition is what drives better guides.

like i mentioned above, that competition is what drives better guides.

Thank you for that part I missed in the Road Map. I definitely missed that.

For some competition may work, while for others the lack of comradeship will send others away. The competition should be against .com or other guide sites imho, not against each other in attempt to get more on site Kudos.

For some competition may work, while for others the lack of comradeship will send others away. The competition should be against .com or other guide sites imho, not against each other in attempt to get more on site Kudos.

it has always been this sites culture (or at least for as long as i can remember), that members compete to get their guides sticky'd. and it has always ended with a great guide being picked.

the issue i have with "site guides" is that it'd just be a race to post a guide first, no matter how horrible it was, and then expect everyone else to edit and correct your guide while you get the credit for submitting the guide.

knowing someone else can submit a guide to replace yours if your guide isn't up to par should be motivation. plus, it gives a little incentive to keep coming back to your guide and updating/supporting it, as an idle guide can usually be replaced as new tips/tricks are discovered for games.

it has always been this sites culture (or at least for as long as i can remember), that members compete to get their guides sticky'd. and it has always ended with a great guide being picked.

the issue i have with "site guides" is that it'd just be a race to post a guide first, no matter how horrible it was, and then expect everyone else to edit and correct your guide while you get the credit for submitting the guide.

knowing someone else can submit a guide to replace yours if your guide isn't up to par should be motivation. plus, it gives a little incentive to keep coming back to your guide and updating/supporting it, as an idle guide can usually be replaced as new tips/tricks are discovered for games.

Poor quick guides is a problem still. The reasoning behind that could also be a lack of help from good guide makers to help others improve their guides. More people supporting others could increase the number of great guides and guide makers significantly. If the person doesn't respond or make adjustments then it's fair game.

Poor quick guides is a problem still. The reasoning behind that could also be a lack of help from good guide makers to help others improve their guides. More people supporting others could increase the number of great guides and guide makers significantly. If the person doesn't respond or make adjustments then it's fair game.

i suppose i can see the argument from both sides. so, the only thing left to say at this point is may the best guide win.

If anyone has problems with guides or the way guides are handled please feel free to contact a guide team member such as myself regarding it.

As to this discussion in the thread, it is correct that anyone can challenge any guide at any time. While it sucks when you make a guide for a game and someone else comes along and makes a competing one it's just how it works. If you're forced to make a better guide to compete with what the other person has done you obviously only made a half arsed effort in the first place (not saying this is the case here, just stating in general).

Anyway, if anyone has further issues please PM me or each other rather than cluttering this thread.

Thanks.

Congratulations on the sticky and cheers for the roadmap & guide "Bounty" it looks good and is a easy to follow one. Just downloading the game as i type and looking forward to playing it for a while now its a shame its not in the EU stores.

Oh, it's a very easy game that probably doesn't even need a guide to 100%, but I do show the fastest method of doing so. I personally got 100% in one sitting :eek:

I did not know it isn't on the EU store :think:

100% in a sitting is pretty impressive for the time commitment especially, i'm sure it'll come to the EU store at some point-any idea if there is dlc planned?

Not a clue, but if I had to guess - there will be no DLC. This is definitely a 'niche' game with a small amount of players actually buying it; just look how active this forum is, and use that as an example of everywhere. Even more so since the game is not (yet) available on the EU store.

• 5 months later...

So my 1000 mile trophy is glitched... (always happens to me:S)

I got 1000 miles over the different tracks combined. it's not like I need to do 1000 miles on 1 track right? even thought they might round every distance down (since you don't get the 200XP award for every 10 miles unless you hit a tenfould on that track (so they don't combine your total distance for those...)

got around 1050 miles now and I dunno if I should keep playing... I mean I want the 100% but it might never pop:S Anybody else had this? any tips/help?

how is that not glitched? it's pretty much the defenition of glitched... I'm not saying you need to add it to your trophy guide or anything

EDIT: figured it out thanks to VonThronstahl from our sister site...

If you turn the speed to km/h instead of the pre-set mph, it will display the distance in km, instead of miles. It still says miles though... So yeah I didn't reach the 1000 miles jet:P

anyways NOT glitched, but might be worth mentioning in the guide just in case anybody else is crazy enough to messure in kmXD

Edited by Donkey-er

how is that not glitched? it's pretty much the defenition of glitched... I'm not saying you need to add it to your trophy guide or anything

Glitched would mean you can't earn it at all. Sure, for some people maybe it doesn't pop at exactly 1K miles. If you don't get it by 1200 then it's glitched.

• 10 months later...