Amazon Japan No Longer Has Restrictions Of Importing Their Games And Consoles

Shuffle

Online retailer Amazon Japan has begun shipping video games and video game consoles overseas, after previously restricting orders to Japanese shipping addresses. International shipping only applies to products that Amazon Japan sells directly, not to orders that Amazon fulfills for third-party sellers. Orders still require an Amazon Japan account, separate from accounts on Amazon sites in other countries.
Amazon Japan Begins Shipping Games Overseas - News - Anime News Network

Yeah i've read about this yesterday, such an amazing news, finally i say! I Tried 3 years ago to buy Idolm@ster 2 there to discover then that they don't ship outiside Japan.... Finally we can order from there, maybe now with a new competitor even the other sellers will drop some prices, it's pretty ridicolous see that the lowest price VN that has like 5-6 years costs even now 25 or more € to import them...

I had a look earlier and for the odd item, game + postage + import fees was actually cheaper than playasia, and even eBay in some cases. Add to that the fact that not many games are actually on eBay and Amazon are probably my favourite company, I'll likely give this a try when I have a little more money to test it. Apparently the import fees are a deposit and you'll get refunded if it turns out the actual fees are cheaper.

Just ordered a few games to test this out. Delivery scheduled to here in the UK for 15th - 17th March (that's 4-6 days from now). I've never ordered from playasia due to the price and this was way cheaper. I'll let you guys know how long it actually takes and whether I get refunded for the import charges.

I don't know about you guys but when I use the national courier, you either have no import charge or it's very low. The import charges are obviously astronomical if you use private couriers.

But you are in Canada.

In EU, import charges include customs, which for example is in my country 21% of the price+shipping if the goods exceed measly 25 bucks. Which obviously goes for all games.

Example, I buy a Vita game for 40 bucks, Amazon, being way too uptight, puts the correct price 40+shipping, customs obviously catch it because it's non-EU Amazon and because it exceeds 25 bucks. So they charge additional 21% of the 40+shipping price AND I have to pay additional 10 bucks to courier for handling.

NA has it easy and can definitely be happy about this.

It took 4 days exactly from ordering, to arriving at my front door.

From my experience with amazon JP they are extremely fast with shipping. I buy a lot of manga from them and they usualy take between 2 or 3 days to come ^^

I have yet to buy games from them, but I will test them out when I get paid (if my wallet isn't dead at the same time, like usual xD)

Do you know if this includes things like: Light Novels? Would love to import some series such as: Date A Live.

I don't think Amazon Japan or any Amazon store has had any restrictions on Light Novels, Manga, and stuff like that and Anime on Blu-ray and DVD never seemed to be a problem besides customs. I could be wrong, but pretty sure. Videogames and consoles were some of the main concerns with Amazon with importing, but now the Japanese branch removed that rule of theirs.

• 2 months later...
Has anyone had recent successful orders and pre-orders for PS4 games? I checked recently on Amazon Japan and every PS4 game I picked says it cannot be shipped internationally. I don't get it. Do I have to go through the check out process to test it?

Are they more recent games and are they from a 3rd party seller or Amazon directly?

Are they more recent games and are they from a 3rd party seller or Amazon directly?

A link to preorder Fate/Extellia

An older game Onechanbara

New release Overwatch

In these examples, I've noticed they have an Amazon Global icon which I believe denotes international shipping. But scrolling down, I check the product details section which still states "can not be shipped outside of Japan." I'm getting mixed signals.