[PS Vita]Ar no Surge Plus and an Offline Ciel no Surge

Gust are porting Ar no Surge, the follow-up to Ciel no Surge, to PlayStation Vita, this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine reports. The Vita version will be titled Ar no Surge Plus, retaining the naming convention from Gust’s Atelier ports. As per usual, Ar no Surge Plus will include new costumes, compatibility with the Vita’s touch screen and additional purification ceremony characters. Also coming to the Vita is an offline version of Ciel no Surge, says Famitsu. This version of the game has reportedly been reprogrammed from scratch. Both Ar no Surge Plus and Ciel no Surge Offline will be released on October 2nd in Japan.
Ar noSurge Headed To PS Vita As Ar noSurge Plus - Siliconera

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to add to this already great news, Tecmo Koei Europe have put a little teaser on their Twitter:

Bq5ZxsYCQAIRlHs.jpg

They said 'Our hardcore fans might get this hint'. ;)

Ciel noSurge will probably definitely get localised now, and Ar noSurge should follow suit. Fantastic news indeed! I'm kinda glad I held off on importing, even if it means I most likely won't be able to get my hands on that awesome music box. :)

It is officially Ar No Surge as expected, but for PS3! So high chance we will see Ciel NoSurge aswell!

Also lots of high res pics from it: TECMO KOEI EUROPE LTD. - Page 1 of 54

http://i.imgur.com/US5YjY0.png?1

Excited to play both! Seems Tecmo Koei are getting on everyone's good books what with being physical/digital and having Japanese/English audio.

Great news, I honestly wasn't ever expecting Ciel noSurge to make it here (although still not confirmed, it's highly likely).

:thumbsup:

Yeah, that's what I meant.

There was no real reason why they went with Qoga instead of just using the number 3.

Well when NISA came up with the title, they made sure to chose a title that means there is no more Ar tonelico after III. But of course people who didn't play the PS2 games or never learned the in-game language would understand. But pretty much the whole title was using that language, even if it looks gibberish to many people. Like Knell of Ar Ciel can be read as The Death of the Planet.

Tecmo KOEI America reported on Wednesday that Gust's Ar no Surge: Ode to an Unborn Star PlayStation 3 role-playing game is heading to the United States. The game is already set for physical and digital release in Europe on September 26. Tecmo KOEI Europe describes the story: Ar no Surge is a Fantasy, Sci-fi, ‘7 Dimension’ RPG, that takes place in a world where music and song can create magic. It tells the compelling story of a civilization that lost their planet and has been roaming the edge of space for 2000 years in search of a new home. The player follows two sets of characters: Delta and Casty, whose goal is to protect humanity and save the world, and Ion & Earthes, who are trying to find Ion a way home to Earth. The player can interchange between both pairs and soon discover a way to combine their storylines and strengths to eventually solve the mystery that shrouds their ongoing struggle. Much like most titles developed by Gust, this is an intricately deep turn-based RPG and it includes a detailed synthesis system for players to create their own items. Additionally, Ar no Surge: Ode to an Unborn Star has a unique character development system that focuses more on the bonds/relationships between the main characters than their success in missions and battles, as the player's party grows stronger if the characters have a closer relationship. Additionally, when in battle, character pairs fight together. One is always the first line of defence, attacking enemies in melee with knives and swords while protecting the other, who is weaving a song to fend off enemies. The longer the song lasts the more damage it creates- not only to enemies visible on screen, but to ones that are in line to attack. Ar no Surge shares ties with Gust's earlier Ar tonelico RPGs. Ar no Surge director Akira Tsuchiya also worked on Ar tonelico, and administrator Shurelia from the first Ar tonelico PlayStation 2 game, 2006's Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia (Aru toneriko: Sekai no Owari de Utai Tsudzukeru Shōjo), played a major role in Ar no Surge's story. The game also shares ties with the first Surge Concerto game, Ciel no Surge ~Ushinawareta Hoshi e Sasagu Shi~. In addition to Shikata, Haruka Shimotsuki, Noriko Mitose, Yoshino Nanjou, and Origa contributed music to the game. The game features the voice cast of Kōsuke Miyoshi as Delta Lantanoir, Inori Minase as Casti Rianoit, and Ai Kakuma as Ion. Gust released Ar no Surge ~Umareizuru Hoshi e Inoru Shi~ in Japan on March 6. The regular edition sold for 7,140 yen (about US$68), the "Agent Pack" special edition sold for 10,290 yen (US$98), and a download edition sold for 6,300 yen (US$60). The Ar tonelico game inspired the original video anime project of the same name. NIS America released the Ar tonelico games in North America.
Tecmo Koei: Ar Nosurge PS3 Game Will Also Come to U.S. - News - Anime News Network

Last week, Gust announced Ar no Surge Plus, a PlayStation Vita port of the RPG featuring new costumes, compatibility with the Vita’s touch screen, and more. 4Gamer gives us a first look at some of the extra content that will be in the handheld version of the game. In Ar no Surge Plus, the four key characters of Delta, Earthes, Ion, and Casty will get new costumes. Additionally, the four mentioned characters also get extra costumes upon beating Ar no Surge Plus as an extra bonus. As previously reported, there will be more characters added to the purification ceremony, a special element in Ar no Surge, where heroines and protagonists take baths together at the hot spring for some in-depth conversation and Genometrica Crystal installing. The new characters for the Purification feature will also get new swimsuits for the occasion. The game also adds more costumes for Ion that were originally from Ciel no Surge, as well, in addition to more DLC costumes to come, featuring a bunch of new costumes. So far, it’s been revealed that Nero, Earthes, and Sarly are included as new characters for the Purification bath scenes, and each of the three have over 50 different event scenes for it, for more than 150 new events for the girls. The character touching feature that was highly requested by fans will be available in Ar no Surge Plus on PlayStation Vita, where players can interact with the characters. Furthermore, all the DLC for Ar no Surge on PlayStation 3 that have been released from its release until now, will be available in Plus right off the bat. Ar no Surge Plus is slated for release on PlayStation Vita on October 2, 2014 in Japan.
Ar noSurge Plus Brings More Bath Scenes And Costumes To Vita - Siliconera

No, but it would be the second time that Ciel Nosurge is getting an Agent Pack :|

Also, you make it sound like Ciel Nosurge was ever released in a country other than Japan :| What was so beautiful about the Agent Pack? If you were talking about Ar Nosurge, then I totally understand. The music box was the best thing I have ever gotten in any limited editions.

No, but it would be the second time that Ciel Nosurge is getting an Agent Pack :|

Also, you make it sound like Ciel Nosurge was ever released in a country other than Japan :| What was so beautiful about the Agent Pack? If you were talking about Ar Nosurge, then I totally understand. The music box was the best thing I have ever gotten in any limited editions.

Hang on, I mixed this conversation up. I thought we were talking about the localised version. :facepalm: Never mind XD

Ah yeah, I meant to type Ar noSurge :facepalm: My bad. Had I imported, I would've gotten it for that beautiful music box. Alas, that probably won't come over here. Still, the original Ciel noSurge LE was pretty nice, especially the boxing.

I think I'm still asleep today.

Yeah, I think you should go back to sleep or something XD

On second thought, Agent Pack is just the Nosurge games' equivalent of limited editions, so I guess it's nothing special... BUT WAIT, how would one explain Ar Nosurge Plus's LIMITED EDITION then!? *GASP*

I highly doubt localization people would go out of their way to replicate Japanese limited edition goods, since that has almost never happened in the past. Mana Khemia 2 also had a music box (I have it), but did NISA care about that? Noooope.

Wow, you're right, that is kinda milking XD What's in noSurge Plus's Limited Edition though? A quick Google search can't find me anything :think:

Oh boo. Oh well, I suppose the real importance is the game itself. Though, I kinda wish a Ciel noSurge localisation would come first. Ar noSurge will be hopelessly confusing like you said when you played it without it.

That's the thing, even in the Japanese article that I read today, it simply said that there will be a limited edition for AN, but no info has been released yet.

But the Ar Nosurge game was actually really, really boring in hindsight D: I saw the pictures for Ar Nosurge Plus, and, I kid you not, I actually cringed at the thought of playing through it again. However, you will probably end up liking it a lot XD