[PS Vita]IA Project has its own Vocaloid game. Hatsune Miku now has some competition

Shuffle

Senran Kagura producer Kenichiro Takaki is working on a Vita rhythm based on the*IA Project, reports Dengeki PlayStation magazine. IA is a Vocaloid developed by 1st Place Co., Ltd. The new game, titled IA/VT, will feature 60 songs, mostly centered around tracks of IA/01 Birth and*IA/02 Color, and is slated for release on July 31st in Japan. Marvelous AQL are publishing it. Gameplay revolves around using the PlayStation Vita analog stick to move around a small circle around a larger circle while pressing buttons to match the flowing notes. The game’s system involves having the player gather energy from the fans at live performances of artists and idols, then using it as a way to return it back to the fans through the song’s expressions. IA/VT*is slated for release on July 31 for PlayStation Vita.
Senran Kagura Producer Working On Another Vocaloid Game For Vita - Siliconera

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhhh man. I'm liking this trend of more and more music games in 2014. Between this, Project DIVA F 2nd and that Persona 4 music game, my Vita will be getting a lot of lovin'.

2014 will be draining my wallet, too. Not only do we have all of these music games, but there's a bunch of Neptunia games, too. :drool:

Fixed that for you :whistle:

:rofl:

I already have the two JP Neptune games preordered and I'll be getting F 2nd for my birthday. Of course, depending on circumstances and times, I may have to get one or two of the games with money that I save up. That, or I can time things right to avoid that like I usually do. :whistle:

^ THIS.

I'd kill for Beatmania IIDX on PS3/PS4. The sad excuse for a Dance Dance Revolution we got (which wasn't even released in Japan lmao) hardly cuts the mustard.

Oh God, Dance Dance Revolution on PS3 was so bad. I bought it about a month ago for a really cheap price for nostalgia, but the tracklist was horrible. I mean, how are you supposed to dance to Jason Mraz or Leona Lewis?!

Also, if I remember right, I think NA got a stripped down version of DDR SuperNova 2 back on the PS2. :mad:

It's not just Supernova 2 though. All NA DDR releases have been pretty terrible, or subpar at best. I recently bought the JP version of Supernova, and man, the difference is astonishing.

Also, I own Beatmania IIDX 9-16, and was so sad when they announced that Empress would be the last home release... :'( Pop'n is not bad and all, but Beatmania is the way to go. They should really make it not arcade-only again...

Oh God, Dance Dance Revolution on PS3 was so bad. I bought it about a month ago for a really cheap price for nostalgia, but the tracklist was horrible. I mean, how are you supposed to dance to Jason Mraz or Leona Lewis?!

Also, if I remember right, I think NA got a stripped down version of DDR SuperNova 2 back on the PS2. :mad:

I'm pretty sure I satisfied 10 lifetimes worth of listening to Jason Mraz en route to my 2 (P)s on Dance Dance Revolution. :wall:

Though I must admit, I absolutely LOVE Top the Charts, both the track as well as its chart. It was one of few exclusives that I really enjoyed:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bq-kr4MBE]Top The Charts - J-Mi & Midi-D feat. Hanna Stockzell (DDR PS3) - YouTube[/ame]

It's not just Supernova 2 though. All NA DDR releases have been pretty terrible, or subpar at best. I recently bought the JP version of Supernova, and man, the difference is astonishing.

Also, I own Beatmania IIDX 9-16, and was so sad when they announced that Empress would be the last home release... :'( Pop'n is not bad and all, but Beatmania is the way to go. They should really make it not arcade-only again...

Pop'n was never my cup of tea but I have the entire CS IIDX library on my shelf and an ACS collecting dust from not being used in a few years.

I had no idea you were so into Bemani, Respect +800 Cookie-chan!

Although I have never really liked any other music simulation game series after playing Beatmania IIDX and DDR... None of that western crap, no DJ Max, and certainly not Vocaloid stuff...

I tried Guitar Hero when it first came out and it bored me to tears. Too easy, and no element of timing measurement... it's either "you hit the note or you didn't." Western crap indeed.

...and before someone jumps in and goes "nawwwww Aeliana, you f'ing fanboy weeaboo, Western music games are hella hard! *LINK TO THROUGH THE FIRE AND FLAMES VIDEO*"... no, they are not hard. This is hard:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrBSqRbkypI]冥 (a) / player:DOLCE. - YouTube[/ame]

Earlier in the week, we reported that Senran Kagura producer Kenichiro Takaki is working on a new Vocaloid rhythm game for PlayStation Vita. Titled IA/VT Colorful, the game will feature 60 songs and Famitsu.com have the first screenshots. You can find early gameplay details in our previous report. IA/VT Colorful will be published by Marvelous AQL in Japan on July 31st.
Time for some screenshots. PS Vita Rhythm Game IA/VT Colorful Has Its First Screenshots - Siliconera

I tried Guitar Hero when it first came out and it bored me to tears. Too easy, and no element of timing measurement... it's either "you hit the note or you didn't." Western crap indeed.

...and before someone jumps in and goes "nawwwww Aeliana, you f'ing fanboy weeaboo, Western music games are hella hard! *LINK TO THROUGH THE FIRE AND FLAMES VIDEO*"... no, they are not hard. This is hard:

*loves GH*

Them's fighting words, boy! :chair:

But seriously, I personally think GH and the various JP rhythm games out of the ones I play have their own charms that make each one worth playing. I like GH for the generally loaded note charts that are rewarding to clear (I like playing the harder songs mostly) and I like the JP games because there's just something rewarding about knowing you hit the notes right on time even if hitting them wasn't really much of a chore (and then Extreme happens, but fuck Extreme). And then of course, Korea one-ups them with DJ Max Technika Tune, combining the best aspects of both. :whistle:

Also, have you ever beaten TTFAF on Expert? That video may beat the shit out of it, but that just means that this is well beyond the limits of impossible, not that TTFAF isn't hard. :whistle:

Edited by Walt the Dog

Holy crap, that's insane! :eek:

It's looking pretty good so far. :)

I love 冥, although I think the hard songs just get harder with every single new release :francis: I think 冥 first came out in 13?

Also lol at the ヤバイ!!ヤバイ!!ヤバイ!! at the end.

Marvelous AQL will be publishing a new PlayStation Vita Vocaloid rhythm game, titled IA/VT Colorful (Visual Tracks), featuring the Vocaloid IA and 60 songs. The official website gives us a closer look at the colorful game. The site also mentions that the game will feature many original videos to go with its music tracks, starting with “Nihonbashi Koukashita R Keikaku” by IA, and several other new and popular videos. You can find more details on game, which is being produced by Senran Kagura producer Kenichiro Takaki, here. IA/VT Colorful will be available July 31 for PlayStation Vita.
IA/VT Colorful For Vita Is Very Colorful Indeed - Siliconera

Senran Kagura producer Kenichiro Takaki seems to have his hands full with busty ninjas of late, but he’s also taking the time to work on a new Vocaloid rhythm game, titled IA/VT Colorful. During an interview with Famitsu, Takaki talks about the upcoming PlayStation Vita game. Famitsu begins by asking Takaki if he could share a few words on how the project started. “Sure. Well, there were several ideas, but the simplest one came from the thought of ‘I want to do something new’,” says Takaki. “Again, I spend every single day thinking about all the different amusing things this world has to offer, and how to express them through games, and this time, I decided to go with Vocaloids. I personally also like the trend of the Vocaloids, too.” Next, Famitsu asks Takaki to share some more of his thoughts behind the Vocaloid trend, along with IA’s charm. “As the Vocaloid trend continues to grow with Hatsune Miku at the center, the appearance of IA, who sings softly, really had an impact on me,” elaborates Takaki. “Her colors also gave her quite the different image. As a creator, I can now say that recording songs is actually very difficult.” “[The songs] all have their own charms, and we’re choosing the ones that suit the game best, so it’s not quite as simple as just picking whatever,” he continues. “I also believe it’s easier to make detailed adjustments for Vocaloids, and they also have the advantage of being able to sing impossibly fast compared to humans. With all that in mind, I believe that it leaves us with many possibilities.” Takaki mentions that the game’s title of IA/VT Colorful comes from the emphasis it will have on the different colors throughout the game. His idea is to have the background colors represent the feelings that match the player’s control as they play through the game. Famitsu asks if that means that, even if it’s the same song, it could be a different experience depending on the player. “That’s right, there will be more feedback to the action instead of your usual ‘Good’ and ‘Nice’,” says Takaki. “The results will be different each time, as I want to have something that represents the ups and downs of the player’s feelings.” “In other words, it’ll follow the basic elements of a rhythm game; for example, you’ll ‘catch’ a sound with your controls. Then the voices and sounds you catch will be released in the end, which will be met with a climax.” “We’re still in a stage of trial-and-error, so I can’t share too many details, but all I can say for now is that it won’t simply be about pressing buttons to match the flowing icons in a timely manner.” IA/VT Colorful will be available on July 31, 2014 for PlayStation Vita.
How IA/VT Colorful Will Be Different From Other Rhythm Games - Siliconera

• 1 month later...
IA/VT Colorful, Marvelous AQL’s upcoming rhythm game for PlayStation Vita, will be available in Japan on July 31st, this week’s Famitsu magazine reports. A limited edition of the game will come with a pouch, a Vita skin, decorative stickers, strap, cleaning cloth, charm strap, and a card case, all in a special box. IA/VT Colorful will have 60 songs in total. Famitsu mentions six new songs that will be in the game: “Kisaragi Attention” by Shizen no Teki-P “Ayano no koufuku Riron” by Shizen no Teki-P “Kuusou Forest” by Shizen no Teki-P “Kagerou≒Variation” by Yari “Hello from the 22nd Century” by Rider “Zekkyo Paranoia” by Total Objection IA/VT Colorful will also include multiple modes to play, including Free Play, Step-Up (a challenge mode with multiple difficulties), My List Play (select three songs to play one after the other), Recommended Song Play (play one song per day that you haven’t unlocked) and Network Mode (post videos and check rankings). The limited edition of IA/VT Colorful will cost 9,240 yen, while the regular version will be available for 4,800 yen.
IA/VT Colorful, Marvelous AQL's Vita Rhythm Game, Will Hit Japan This July - Siliconera

Edited by Shuffle

While I want this game, I can't see anything in that LE that I'd want. At least it's cheaper to get the standard edition. :p

Yeah after looking at what comes in the LE I have most of them items for a few games (Hatsune Miku being one) and are running out of room to store all the LE things I get.

Standard has been per-orderd :D