[PS Vita]Danganronpa: Another Episode

Shuffle

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/image_thumb24.png

On top of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, Spike Chunsoft revealed a Danganronpa action game called Danganronpa: Another Episode. A little bit of the game was shown and it looks like a shooter game.

NIS America will release the first Danganronpa game for Vita in early 2014.

Danganronpa: Another Episode Announced For Vita - Siliconera

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Screenshot2013_09_0920_06_27_thumb1.png

At the SCEJA press conference held earlier today, Spike Chunsoft revealed a PS Vita spin-off of their Danganronpa murder mystery series, titled Total Despair Girls Danganronpa: Another Episode. Although no details were given, the game appears to be a third-person shooter in which you don’t use a gun, but a megaphone that shoots key words.

From the footage shown, the words are actually commands such as “move”, “dance”, and “break”, which you must use to manipulate swarms of Monobear clones. You also get to use melee attacks and drive vehicles.

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dangan_04_cs1w1_643x391_thumb.jpg

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dangan_02_cs1w1_643x391_thumb.jpghttp://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dangan_06_cs1w1_720x_thumb.jpg http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/0043_thumb.jpg http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/0062_thumb.jpg

Also, at the very end of the trailer, Spike Chunsoft left a mysterious teaser.

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dangan_08_cs1w1_643x391_thumb.jpg

Sony also announced a limited edition PS Vita model and accessory set to be released on October 10, the same day as Danganronpa 1 & 2 Reload.

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dangan_09_cs1w1_720x_thumb.jpg

No release date has been announced yet for Danganronpa: Another Episode.

Danganronpa: Another Episode Features An Army Of Man-Eating Monobears - Siliconera

Danganronpa: Another Episode Takes Place In Between Danganronpa 1 & 2 - Siliconera

It seems it will be an interquel of sorts, minus class trials and all the other stuff that made Dangan Ronpa great and unique.

Regardless of that, I'm still looking forward to this.

The protagonist of the game has been revealed, and its Makoto Naegi's sister, Komaru Naegi.

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/524193d1e4826.jpg

It seems Kyouko Kirigiri, Hajime Hinata, Chiaki Nanami, and Monomi/Usami will also be part of the game alongside of Komaru and her brother Makoto. I hope to hear more details in the coming months.

Source: Danganronpa: Another Episode's Heroine Revealed - Siliconera

• 9 months later...

So the official name of the game will be Zettai Zetsubou Shoujo Dangan Ronpa Another Episode.

They announced the Famitsu DX pack and its contents yesterday.

What will be included are:

1. Size A3 clear poster (the art will remain secret until release day...)

2. Clear folders x2

3. Nice Shot lunch bag

4. Mug cup

Also, it would include the preorder bonus, which is a Monokuma smartphone stand:

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/056/181/53ad4e98cc8b8.jpg

Debating whether I should get the Famitsu DX pack, but there's really nothing in it that jumps out at me, and I'm not even sure that it will be a good game :think:

Also, it would include the preorder bonus, which is a Monokuma smartphone stand:

Debating whether I should get the Famitsu DX pack, but there's really nothing in it that jumps out at me, and I'm not even sure that it will be a good game :think:

I would give anything for a Monokuma smartphone stand. *_* A Monokuma teddy isn't enough for me! :francis:

You seem to buy LEs for a lot of things, and Famitsu DX packs aren't cheap!! D: And that Atelier anniversary box... goddamnit... :pout:

On-topic, it's kinda cool you play as Makoto's sister. But I don't know about the whole shooter-style... sounds a small bit like a cash-in. I wonder will it even get localised. Seems too 'out there'.

I'm a working adult, so I'm never worried about the money aspect, as long as I don't go crazy and buy like 20 games a month :thumbsup: (totally has happened a few times before btw)

The Dangan Ronpa Vita port a while back had a reasonably priced DX pack though, so maybe this one won't be that expensive either. If you're just wanting the Monokuma stand, you can preorder a regular edition at Amiami for a bit less than 6000 yen. And totally agree with the Monokuma thing. Bought a pretty big plush a while back, but one can never have enough Monokuma plushs :francis:

There's no doubt that it's a cash-in attempt, but Dangan Ronpa is still Dangan Ronpa :francis:

And please, people do not localize games for their quality these days :rofl:

No doubt with all your imports :francis: Lucky you!

It depends on the release date, if it's anytime soon I can't what with having so many things ordered and games to play as it is (plus I'll already be getting an IA phone stand in IA/VT, but don't actually know what that looks like yet). The Monokuma plushy I bought cost a hefty amount of cash at a convention but it was worth every penny!!

Don't localise for their quality?! Why else would they localise? :francis:

More working also means less time playing :francis:

It won't come out for a few months, since the release date was either late September or some time October. But if you're ordering from Amiami, don't wait till the last minute, since preorders usually end pretty quickly over there. Although I'm sure Nippon-Yasan will have some in stock later as well.

The the name, usually. Just look at all the Neptune games coming out, for example.

I was surprised to see a spin-off that's shooter-based, and one where you play as Makoto's younger sister. I've seen a bit of gameplay and I can honestly say that I'm really not interested in this game. As cool as it'd be to see what happens between Episode 1 and 2, it's just not that appealing.

More working also means less time playing :francis:

It won't come out for a few months, since the release date was either late September or some time October. But if you're ordering from Amiami, don't wait till the last minute, since preorders usually end pretty quickly over there. Although I'm sure Nippon-Yasan will have some in stock later as well.

The the name, usually. Just look at all the Neptune games coming out, for example.

Yet you still manage to (P) 30-40 hour long Visual Novels and actually read them frequently :francis:

I'll keep an eye out. But since I plan to get the localised Danganronpa VNs on Vita, it'll look odd having the JP of this game and the ENG versions of the others. Ah well. XD

The amount of Neptunia games releasing this year is horrifying :| I think I counted 7. Granted, different companies, but Neptunia all the same. I'm starting to think Neptunia = Call of Duty of Japan.

Granted, I just skip on through with crap :francis: The ones I read through actually deserve my time, so. And also, 30-40 hours is actually considered short for VNs in my book XD

It's all for thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis:

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/056/181/53ad4e98cc8b8.jpg

:francis:

You know, I've gotten sick of the whole Neptune franchise after mk2 on the PS3...Have never looked back since.

Jeez :francis: It took me 3 days to finish your Game of the Century Beyond the Future with KAWAII NAYUTA-SAN and that's only like 20ish hours. The first Umineko, I've had since like September, still not finished :pout: My VN backlog will be demonic in a few years.

The temptation is too much D: Okay, that's it, gotta start saving as of now. XD

I can't blame you. Sad, because the first Neptunia had so much potential. I think the franchise's popularity got to Compile Heart's head after mk2 and they've just gone crazy with releases, especially after a whole game dedicated to the fan-favourite Noire. orz

Yeah...BtF is my once-in-a-lifetime mistake, and I will never be touching another otome game for as long as I live :francis: But I guess not having to look up words in the dictionary really makes a difference in terms of gameplay time :think: And the first Umineko took me over 60 hours too I think...

Ahahaha XD Just don't come crying to me if the game itself turns out horrible XD

I can understand Noire being a fan favorite, but those games stopped offering any originality after a while, and it starts to feel like they are being forced down people's throats.

I was surprised to see a spin-off that's shooter-based, and one where you play as Makoto's younger sister. I've seen a bit of gameplay and I can honestly say that I'm really not interested in this game. As cool as it'd be to see what happens between Episode 1 and 2, it's just not that appealing.

How can you be not interested? :eek: It's a shooter featuring Makoto's sister..... :rolleyes: Indeed there's no appealing to me as well.

Ahahaha XD Just don't come crying to me if the game itself turns out horrible XD

Considering MsFuruba opinion about TokiTowa and DoD3, so maybe if she thinks the game is horrible then it's actually a great game :think:

snip

What didn't you like about it? The art's pretty... D:

I may or may not have gotten the Limited Edition don't kill me

I'm sure I'll manage. There's only one game I've played on PS3 that was mediocre but enjoyable in my books... bar Call of Duty. But who doesn't hate those games. :scared:

Ehh, she's generic tsundere imo. Aside from dem tsun-tsun traits, there's nothing really unique about her in my eyes.

Considering MsFuruba opinion about TokiTowa and DoD3, so maybe if she thinks the game is horrible then it's actually a great game :think:

W-W-Well, what if you guys are just too critical? :whistle:

I'm pretty sure you told me before that you got the limited edition XD And the art IS pretty, which is why I decided to try the game. Never again :francis:

I actually like quirky third-person shooters a lot sometimes. I really liked Shadows of the Damned, so even if this game turns out to be crap, there could still be fun to had :whistle:

I like her for her outfit pretty much :thumbsup: And Imai Asami is a plus I guess.

I'm pretty sure you told me before that you got the limited edition XD And the art IS pretty, which is why I decided to try the game. Never again :francis:

I actually like quirky third-person shooters a lot sometimes. I really liked Shadows of the Damned, so even if this game turns out to be crap, there could still be fun to had :whistle:

I like her for her outfit pretty much :thumbsup: And Imai Asami is a plus I guess.

I dodged a bullet if that's the case. :francis:

Is it too uguu-desu-desu for you to put it in a phrase? XD Or is it the characters? Because it's all RPG-ey. That's why I thought it was cool *,*

Yeah the odd TPS is good like Uncharted or SotD (haven't played yet but I'm sure it'll be dumb profanity-filled fun) is fun. Perhaps Another Episode's Hope's Peak Academy skin and Monokuma will turn it from a mediocre TPS to an enjoyable one :whistle:

You can't go wrong with that Makise Kurisu actress :thumbsup:

W-W-Well, what if you guys are just too critical? :whistle:

OMG! You're right!!!! :eek:

A whole new World of gaming opens for me now ;)

But yeah, my criticism about both games mentioned are more on technical stand-points (specially DoD3) which killed any chances to have fun gaming.