Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > >

Old 10-07-2011, 03:47 AM   #1
Satoshi42

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Post Upcoming visual novels

Already finished To Heart 2 and Dunamis 15? Looking for more visual novels on your PS3? Here are more that are slated to be released in the coming months.

Time Leap - October 27

This is a port of a 2007 PC game. It's a Front Wing game, so expect lolis. It also features full polygon characters (as opposed to static or Motion Portrait images), and apparently supports 3D TVs, if you just happen to have one lying around.

Prototype is slow to update their site as usual, and only have it listed in their Xbox 360 section, but it's coming out for PS3 as well.

Official Site at http://www.prot.co.jp/xbox/timeleap/index.html

OP Movie

Idolm@ster 2 - October 27

As noted in this thread.

It's not exactly a visual novel, but I'm sure someone would complain if it was left out

Beyond the Future: Fix the Time Arrows - December 1st

An otome game from 5pb.

Official site at http://5pb.jp/games/btf/

Trailer:

Umineko no naku koro ni Chiru - December 15th

As noted in this thread the second half of Umineko is coming this winter.

Suzukaze no Melt - days in the sanctuary - December 15th

This is a port of a PC game that came out last year. Official site at
http://piacci.co.jp/melt/

OP Movie:

Suigetsu 2 - December 22

The first Suigetsu game is available on PSP, but you don't need to have played it first.

Official site at http://www.piacci.co.jp/suigetsu2/

OP Movie

Next year we have

Robotics;Notes - Spring

If you haven't had enough Adjective;Noun games yet, here's the next one from Nitro+:

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!! (aka Majikoi!!) - Spring

A visual novel by MinatoSoft, who also did Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de . This is also a currently-running anime.

Official site is NSFW, but here's the OP movie for the PC version:

There are also hybrid visual novel/SRPGs Utawarerumono 2 and Tears to Tiara 2 in the works from Aquaplus, but no release date for them just yet.
: inFamous, Fallout 3, Cross Edge, Mini Ninjas, Uncharted, Trine, The Saboteur, Way of the Samurai 3, Atelier Rorona (JPN), Heavy Rain, Ar Tonelico 3 (JPN), Trinity Universe (JPN), Trinity Universe (NA), Final Fantasy XIII, Hyperdimension Neptune (JPN), White Album, Tears to Tiara Gaiden, Hyperdimension Neptunia (NA), L@ve Once: Mermaid's Tears, Rune Factory Oceans (JPN), Atelier Totori (JPN), Reminiscence of Haruhi Suzumiya, Clannad, L.A. Noire, When the Seagulls Cry

Last edited by Satoshi42; 10-08-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Satoshi42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:07 AM   #2
Aeliana

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Silver   Gold  Road Map Submitter   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   PAX Meet Up   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Platinum Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Knew about most of the list, but this is the first I've heard of Suzukaze no Melt and Robotics;Notes - Thanks for the heads up, Satoshi. *MORE PRE-ORDERS*

EDIT - Might be noteworthy too that the "AquaPrice 2800" (AKA "Greatest Hits") version of White Album comes out on December 8th. Anyone who missed it the first time around can snag it for a dirt cheap $37.99 over at Play-Asia.

Last edited by Aeliana; 10-07-2011 at 05:14 AM.
Aeliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:40 AM   #3
celestial

I haven't finished TH2 DX and Xillia (blame PES 2012 for that).
Dunamis 15? Still waiting for more price drops for its LE, lol.

Okay, so let me give my personal opinion for all of titles above:
Time Leap --> Not really interested...Btw, does the OP song use Minami Kuribayashi's voice?

Idolm@ster 2 --> I didn't even continue the anime version after watching ep 1, lol.

Beyond the Future: Fix the Time Arrows --> Otome game...Meh.

Umineko no naku koro ni Chiru --> Now, this is interesting The 1st print release for this game will come along with mini balloon (and artbook for the LE) xD

Suzukaze no Melt - days in the sanctuary --> I saw the preorder for this title along with Suigetsu in amiami few months ago. This is my first time watching its PV. The character design is not bad. I will wait for more reviews, though.

Suigetsu 2 --> Not really interested...Let's wait for price drop

Robotics;Notes --> Okay, another high-quality VN from 5pb? I have my hope for this

For the finale:
Utawarerumono 2 and T3 2 --> Both of them are developed by Aquaplus. We already knew that Aquaplus = high quality VN + limited edition. Conclusion? 1st day purchase after Aquaplus announces the release date for those two xD

Anyway, these last 3 months of 2011 will be bloody months.
Ni no Kuni, Super Mario Land, New Loveplus, Gundam Extreme, SD Gundam 3D.
Looks like I need to save more to get all of them -_-

Last edited by celestial; 10-07-2011 at 07:05 AM. Reason: typo
celestial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
Shuffle

Awards Showcase Helping Hand   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Only 1 title I have no interest in unless I can get it for cheap. However, the other titles are making me excited. Most of those titles I have already been waiting for.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:19 AM   #5
Shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestial View Post
Time Leap --> Not really interested...Btw, does the OP song use Minami Kuribayashi's voice?
While not on PS3, but a worthy note should go to Little Busters Converted Edition and Dream Club Zero Portable for PS Vita. Plus Tears to Tiara Gaiden PS3 is going to the Aquaplus 2800 line, so will be even cheaper even though the story in it is linear and there's no decisions to make at all but still is a visual novel/SRPG hybrid.

No it isn't her. The song is called Happy Leap which is sung by the voice actress of the main girl character(Ayumu) Yui Sakakibara.

On that note, I am curious about Time Leap Paradise

Last edited by Shuffle; 10-08-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #6
Satoshi42

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffle View Post
While not on PS3, but a worthy note should go to Little Busters Converted Edition and Dream Club Zero Portable for PS Vita. Plus Tears to Tiara Gaiden PS3 is going to the Aquaplus 2800 line, so will be even cheaper even though the story in it is linear and there's no decisions to make at all but still is a visual novel/SRPG hybrid.
I restricted the above list to new PS3 titles only, but you do raise a good point. There's likely (hopefully!) to be a flood of visual novels for the Vita when it comes out. Is this site planning on doing anything for Vita titles? Or is there going to be a sister site?

As for Little Busters, I've already got the (original) PC version and PSP versions; still undecided on whether or not to get the Vita version.

Nice to know Tears to Tiara is getting cheaper

Quote:
On that note, I am curious about Time Leap Paradise
Looks PC-only (and adult-only) thus far, but I wouldn't be surprised it gets ported if Time Leap does well on the PS3.

On another note, ANN just reported that Majikoi! is getting a PS3 port next spring. I've updated the original post.
: inFamous, Fallout 3, Cross Edge, Mini Ninjas, Uncharted, Trine, The Saboteur, Way of the Samurai 3, Atelier Rorona (JPN), Heavy Rain, Ar Tonelico 3 (JPN), Trinity Universe (JPN), Trinity Universe (NA), Final Fantasy XIII, Hyperdimension Neptune (JPN), White Album, Tears to Tiara Gaiden, Hyperdimension Neptunia (NA), L@ve Once: Mermaid's Tears, Rune Factory Oceans (JPN), Atelier Totori (JPN), Reminiscence of Haruhi Suzumiya, Clannad, L.A. Noire, When the Seagulls Cry
Satoshi42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #7
Shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoshi42 View Post
I restricted the above list to new PS3 titles only, but you do raise a good point. There's likely (hopefully!) to be a flood of visual novels for the Vita when it comes out. Is this site planning on doing anything for Vita titles? Or is there going to be a sister site?

As for Little Busters, I've already got the (original) PC version and PSP versions; still undecided on whether or not to get the Vita version.

Nice to know Tears to Tiara is getting cheaper

Looks PC-only (and adult-only) thus far, but I wouldn't be surprised it gets ported if Time Leap does well on the PS3.

On another note, ANN just reported that Majikoi! is getting a PS3 port next spring. I've updated the original post.
Actually, this site is already pretty dedicated to the PS Vita probably because it's been confirmed that PS Vita games have trophies and not to mention that it is Region-Free. If you look at the main forum section, there's one area called PS Vita Discussion, and at the very, very bottom it lists a bunch of upcoming PS Vita games. It could get a sister site, but I say why bother if there's trophies. Though that could mean they might rename this website.

Also yay for another visual novel that looks interesting to me.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #8
ratchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoshi42 View Post
Time Leap - October 27

This is a port of a 2007 PC game. It's a Front Wing game, so expect lolis.

There are also hybrid visual novel/SRPGs Utawarerumono 2 and Tears to Tiara 2 in the works from Aquaplus, but no release date for them just yet.
Yay lolis. Oh and yay to Utawarerumono 2. Loved the anime and PC game. Hope they will come soon. Utawa will be a definite preorder.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #9
Aeliana

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Silver   Gold  Road Map Submitter   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   PAX Meet Up   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Platinum Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Time Leap has been delayed until January 12, 2012.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:23 AM   #10
raspberrylicious

Played some of the Beyond the Future demo. There were 5~6 routes to choose from, but I only did one. I chose the purple-haired guy and went through his route. It was very RPG-ish, you meet some local people of the town you're in. Some points in the route were very heated and I almost expected a battle to break out. There were also a few decision points and even a CG about halfway through the scenario. All dialogue was voice-acted, and there often popped up a text box explained the situation (not voice-acted). Overall, it was okay. I'll play the others scenarios later.

Some of the voice actors sounded familiar..

Latest : Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star (#14)
Latest 100%: Lost in the rain (#24)
1400th Trophy - Oathkeeper (Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD)

raspberrylicious is offline   Reply With Quote