Upcoming visual novels

Already finished To Heart 2 and Dunamis 15? Looking for more visual novels on your PS3? Here are more that are slated to be released in the coming months.

Time Leap - October 27

This is a port of a 2007 PC game. It's a Front Wing game, so expect lolis. It also features full polygon characters (as opposed to static or Motion Portrait images), and apparently supports 3D TVs, if you just happen to have one lying around.

Prototype is slow to update their site as usual, and only have it listed in their Xbox 360 section, but it's coming out for PS3 as well.

Official Site at http://www.prot.co.jp/xbox/timeleap/index.html

OP Movie

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN5bKRrgrEU]Time Leap HD Openning Movie Xbox360 - YouTube[/ame]

Idolm@ster 2 - October 27

As noted in this thread.

It's not exactly a visual novel, but I'm sure someone would complain if it was left out :)

Beyond the Future: Fix the Time Arrows - December 1st

An otome game from 5pb.

Official site at http://5pb.jp/games/btf/

Trailer:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krASO4TWWNI]Beyond the Future - Fix the Time Arrows - Trailer - PS3 PSP - YouTube[/ame]

Umineko no naku koro ni Chiru - December 15th

As noted in this thread the second half of Umineko is coming this winter.

Suzukaze no Melt - days in the sanctuary - December 15th

This is a port of a PC game that came out last year. Official site at

http://piacci.co.jp/melt/

OP Movie:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMovP7kwjgw]涼風ã®ãƒ¡ãƒ«ãƒˆ -Where wishes are drawn to each other- OP - YouTube[/ame]

Suigetsu 2 - December 22

The first Suigetsu game is available on PSP, but you don't need to have played it first.

Official site at http://www.piacci.co.jp/suigetsu2/

OP Movie

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Mmy-zLWcM]PS3「水月 å¼ã€ã‚ªãƒ¼ãƒ—ニングãƒ*ービー - YouTube[/ame]

Next year we have

Robotics;Notes - Spring

If you haven't had enough Adjective;Noun games yet, here's the next one from Nitro+:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2U2hGKrVU4]ROBOTICS;NOTESティザーãƒ*ービーæ±äº¬ã‚²ãƒ¼ãƒ*ショウ2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!! (aka Majikoi!!) - Spring

A visual novel by MinatoSoft, who also did Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de . This is also a currently-running anime.

Official site is NSFW, but here's the OP movie for the PC version:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ka25zgGdWI]Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! (Majikoi) Opening [HD] Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

There are also hybrid visual novel/SRPGs Utawarerumono 2 and Tears to Tiara 2 in the works from Aquaplus, but no release date for them just yet.

Edited by Satoshi42

Knew about most of the list, but this is the first I've heard of Suzukaze no Melt and Robotics;Notes - Thanks for the heads up, Satoshi. *MORE PRE-ORDERS* :D

EDIT - Might be noteworthy too that the "AquaPrice 2800" (AKA "Greatest Hits") version of White Album comes out on December 8th. Anyone who missed it the first time around can snag it for a dirt cheap $37.99 over at Play-Asia.

Edited by Aeliana

I haven't finished TH2 DX and Xillia (blame PES 2012 for that).

Dunamis 15? Still waiting for more price drops for its LE, lol.

Okay, so let me give my personal opinion for all of titles above:

Time Leap --> Not really interested...Btw, does the OP song use Minami Kuribayashi's voice?

Idolm@ster 2 --> I didn't even continue the anime version after watching ep 1, lol.

Beyond the Future: Fix the Time Arrows --> Otome game...Meh.

Umineko no naku koro ni Chiru --> Now, this is interesting :D The 1st print release for this game will come along with mini balloon (and artbook for the LE) xD

Suzukaze no Melt - days in the sanctuary --> I saw the preorder for this title along with Suigetsu in amiami few months ago. This is my first time watching its PV. The character design is not bad. I will wait for more reviews, though.

Suigetsu 2 --> Not really interested...Let's wait for price drop :p

Robotics;Notes --> Okay, another high-quality VN from 5pb? I have my hope for this :D

For the finale:

Utawarerumono 2 and T3 2 --> Both of them are developed by Aquaplus. We already knew that Aquaplus = high quality VN + limited edition. Conclusion? 1st day purchase after Aquaplus announces the release date for those two xD

Anyway, these last 3 months of 2011 will be bloody months.

Ni no Kuni, Super Mario Land, New Loveplus, Gundam Extreme, SD Gundam 3D.

Looks like I need to save more to get all of them -_-

Edited by celestial
typo

Time Leap --> Not really interested...Btw, does the OP song use Minami Kuribayashi's voice?

While not on PS3, but a worthy note should go to Little Busters Converted Edition and Dream Club Zero Portable for PS Vita. Plus Tears to Tiara Gaiden PS3 is going to the Aquaplus 2800 line, so will be even cheaper even though the story in it is linear and there's no decisions to make at all but still is a visual novel/SRPG hybrid.

No it isn't her. The song is called Happy Leap which is sung by the voice actress of the main girl character(Ayumu) Yui Sakakibara.

On that note, I am curious about Time Leap Paradise

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBrvr4KDk78]Time Leap Paradise Opening - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Shuffle

While not on PS3, but a worthy note should go to Little Busters Converted Edition and Dream Club Zero Portable for PS Vita. Plus Tears to Tiara Gaiden PS3 is going to the Aquaplus 2800 line, so will be even cheaper even though the story in it is linear and there's no decisions to make at all but still is a visual novel/SRPG hybrid.

I restricted the above list to new PS3 titles only, but you do raise a good point. There's likely (hopefully!) to be a flood of visual novels for the Vita when it comes out. Is this site planning on doing anything for Vita titles? Or is there going to be a sister site?

As for Little Busters, I've already got the (original) PC version and PSP versions; still undecided on whether or not to get the Vita version.

Nice to know Tears to Tiara is getting cheaper :)

On that note, I am curious about Time Leap Paradise

Looks PC-only (and adult-only) thus far, but I wouldn't be surprised it gets ported if Time Leap does well on the PS3.

On another note, ANN just reported that Majikoi! is getting a PS3 port next spring. I've updated the original post.

I restricted the above list to new PS3 titles only, but you do raise a good point. There's likely (hopefully!) to be a flood of visual novels for the Vita when it comes out. Is this site planning on doing anything for Vita titles? Or is there going to be a sister site?

As for Little Busters, I've already got the (original) PC version and PSP versions; still undecided on whether or not to get the Vita version.

Nice to know Tears to Tiara is getting cheaper :)

Looks PC-only (and adult-only) thus far, but I wouldn't be surprised it gets ported if Time Leap does well on the PS3.

On another note, ANN just reported that Majikoi! is getting a PS3 port next spring. I've updated the original post.

Actually, this site is already pretty dedicated to the PS Vita probably because it's been confirmed that PS Vita games have trophies and not to mention that it is Region-Free. If you look at the main forum section, there's one area called PS Vita Discussion, and at the very, very bottom it lists a bunch of upcoming PS Vita games. It could get a sister site, but I say why bother if there's trophies. Though that could mean they might rename this website.

Also yay for another visual novel that looks interesting to me.

Time Leap - October 27

This is a port of a 2007 PC game. It's a Front Wing game, so expect lolis.

There are also hybrid visual novel/SRPGs Utawarerumono 2 and Tears to Tiara 2 in the works from Aquaplus, but no release date for them just yet.

Yay lolis. Oh and yay to Utawarerumono 2. Loved the anime and PC game. Hope they will come soon. Utawa will be a definite preorder.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Played some of the Beyond the Future demo. There were 5~6 routes to choose from, but I only did one. I chose the purple-haired guy and went through his route. It was very RPG-ish, you meet some local people of the town you're in. Some points in the route were very heated and I almost expected a battle to break out. ;) There were also a few decision points and even a CG about halfway through the scenario. All dialogue was voice-acted, and there often popped up a text box explained the situation (not voice-acted). Overall, it was okay. I'll play the others scenarios later.

Some of the voice actors sounded familiar..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Little Busters for Vita is slated for a February 23 release. I've been planning to get this on my Vita all along. :)

Listed here at Playasia. Only $75 and a sexy cover art? Hot damn. xD

You, sir, have impeccable taste in Visual Novels.

I'd say "DAY ONE EMS!" but I don't own a Vita yet, haha. When I DO own a Vita though, Little Busters will be my first purchase. :)

You, sir, have impeccable taste in Visual Novels.

I'd say "DAY ONE EMS!" but I don't own a Vita yet, haha. When I DO own a Vita though, Little Busters will be my first purchase. :)

Why thank you ~

I was going to get it on PSP, but then I decided I'd wait since the Vita version was announced. But I won't be getting a Vita until at least Christmas 2012. xD

(Also, is Hiiro no Kakera Aizouban any good?)

To be a bit more on-topic, Time Leap will be out in just over a week. Anyone getting it? (would post a link, but this computer freezes everytime I go on playasia. Why?)

Edited by raspberrylicious

Story's alright. It's pretty standard Otome stuff like Hakuoki Junsouroku. The (P) is a bit annoying though because of the Cult Quizzes and the Dictionary. All-in-all, I wouldn't bother with it unless you really want the trophies, haha.

Time Leap will be out in just over a week. Anyone getting it?

Probably me. :) I'm thinking I'll order it along with Beyond the Future, Melt of a Cool Breeze, Suigetsu Ni or the new Umineko (I haven't bought ANY of them yet), but I can't decide which one.

Why thank you ~

I was going to get it on PSP, but then I decided I'd wait since the Vita version was announced. But I won't be getting a Vita until at least Christmas 2012. xD

To be a bit more on-topic, Time Leap will be out in just over a week. Anyone getting it? (would post a link, but this computer freezes everytime I go on playasia. Why?)

I plan on getting Little Busters and Time Leap because I really want both. But my very minimal funds I make are kind of slowing me down plus all of the anime dvd and blu-rays i'm buying with some manga too that I collect. I haven't imported anything since the To Heart 2 DX Plus Limited Edition I bought on Play-Asia.

I also have problems when accessing Play-Asia these days. Everytime I go on there with my PS3 internet browser(only way to use the internet currently unless you count the PSP internet browser) takes like 30 minutes to load the front page of the site and after all that, it then mentions that a Javascript Error Occured.

Probably me. :) I'm thinking I'll order it along with Beyond the Future, Melt of a Cool Breeze, Suigetsu Ni or the new Umineko (I haven't bought ANY of them yet), but I can't decide which one.

You should get Beyond the Future or Umineko. I'd get Umineko.

I also have problems when accessing Play-Asia these days. Everytime I go on there with my PS3 internet browser(only way to use the internet currently unless you count the PSP internet browser) takes like 30 minutes to load the front page of the site and after all that, it then mentions that a Javascript Error Occured.

What happened to your computer?

My computer loads playasia fine, but I was using a public computer (that sees playasia as a bad entity and won't load product pages. main page is fine though.) at the time of that message's posting.

You should get Beyond the Future or Umineko. I'd get Umineko.

What happened to your computer?

My computer loads playasia fine, but I was using a public computer (that sees playasia as a bad entity and won't load product pages. main page is fine though.) at the time of that message's posting.

Well my laptop hasn't worked since around my last birthday which was about 10 months ago. Desktop wasn't any better except that it can go into the welcome screen where all of the icons of stuff stored on your hard drive is placed. With knowing how bad the internet is on the PSP, PS3 was my only hope to use the internet even if it's outdated crap.

Umineko is pretty sexy. Murder mysteries are my favorite type of novel. And it's in a visual novel now...I need to buy Umineko soon. (Would watch that video too, but I don't like watching the openings until I get the game. ;_;)

Umineko has always been a visual novel series since afterall it's made by the same person who created the Higurashi series. But just like Higurashi, Umineko originally started as a Sound Visual Novel, meaning no voice acting. Plus the PS3 and PSP versions have totally different animation then what was used on the original PC version.

Umineko has always been a visual novel series since afterall it's made by the same person who created the Higurashi series. But just like Higurashi, Umineko originally started as a Sound Visual Novel, meaning no voice acting. Plus the PS3 and PSP versions have totally different animation then what was used on the original PC version.

Yeah, I was just saying murder mysteries are my favorite type of physical novel to read, and now I can read a visual novel that is a murder mystery.

• 2 weeks later...

Steins;Gate Will Make The Shift To PlayStation 3 This Year | Siliconera

Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate: Hiyoku Renri no Darling are coming to PS3, both on May 24, 2012. Steins;Gate will cost 7,140 yen (US$93) and Hiyoku Renri no Darling will cost 6,090 yen (US$79). It will also come in a dual pack, but its price is to be announced.

I'm soooo excited. I knew I hadn't bought Steins;Gate yet for a reason! ( :D )

I'll be getting the dual pack unless they each have a limited edition. With this, the Vita, and Robotics;Notes, I will have no money by summer. >_>...

But yay! It's coming! Anyone else getting it day one like me?

(Now all we need is Chaos;Head. But sadly, I believe its ship has sailed...)

Edited by raspberrylicious

Steins;Gate Will Make The Shift To PlayStation 3 This Year | Siliconera

Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate: Hiyoku Renri no Darling are coming to PS3, both on May 24, 2012. Steins;Gate will cost 7,140 yen (US$93) and Hiyoku Renri no Darling will cost 6,090 yen (US$79). It will also come in a dual pack, but its price is to be announced.

I'm soooo excited. I knew I hadn't bought Steins;Gate yet for a reason! ( :D )

I'll be getting the dual pack unless they each have a limited edition. With this, the Vita, and Robotics;Notes, I will have no money by summer. >_>...

But yay! It's coming! Anyone else getting it day one like me?

(Now all we need is Chaos;Head. But sadly, I believe its ship has sailed...)

Let's just say at this rate I may need to raise the :whiteflag: because of so many great games coming to PS3, PS Vita, and even PSP. Plus with all the anime I purchase and manga, my wallet sure is going to get a workout even more than it did last year.

Now will need to decide which one of those games I am more excited for, which is hard since i'm excited for both and want to see how Robotic;Notes is as well. But am glad I didn't get the recent PSP versions of both those Steins;Gate games.

Edited by Shuffle