Is this worth $19.99?

I enjoyed the game very much. Best movie to game imo. If you play as both the Navi and RDA you'll have about 25-30 hrs of playtime depending on if you're going for the plat or not. The only drawback is that the online is full of boosters, so you have people in the game but not playing, people quiting after getting their trophy, etc. But for $20, I feel that's a good deal, enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't think the online multiplayer was going to have many active players, but infact it's full of people and can be both challenging and fun for either side you pick. I enjoyed the main game and though it can get quite repetitive if you're going for the trophies I found it in no way boring. =]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes its worth 20$, probably not the best game you can get at this price (specialy if you don't mind buying used games), but it's a pretty fun game and you'll get quite a few hours out of it, not to mention easy trophies, some are a little time consuming though.

If you have seen the movie first, you probably wont like the plot of the game. It is a total ripof from the movie, same exact plot with small details different. You'd think that they'd have the decency to either use the same frigin character, or have a totally different scenario, but nooo.

It was very annoying. Not to mention, the graphics sucked. Majorly. You'd think that Avatar of all games would focus on making the best graphics possible, since the movie had so awesome graphics, plus 3-D, but nooo. It clearly was a money cow, depending on the movie for people to buy it instead of, you know, the actual quality of the game.

It's a decent game on it's own, but I can't have it compared to the movie, the best(bestest ;) ) movie made in the last ten years.

Though if I had 20$ to spare I'd still buy it if I had all my other priorities completed.

• 9 months later...

Personally, I don't think this game is worth $9.99, I think James Cameron should pay you to play this game out of his oh so deep pockets. This is a really bad game imho. Some here are saying that its a good movie tie-in, but that's only because the bar is set so low. There must be other adventure games you could play instead that are equally cheap: Darksiders, Mafia 2 and The Saboteur are all lightly less well known than the big blockbuster titles like Uncharted that you've probably already played and I'd recommend those 3 over this pap. Look at the reviews of this on IGN or Gamespot, they are not wrong.

• 4 months later...