Speed Run trophy

Guttsu-87

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/666/27.jpg Speed Run http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/site/icons/trophy_bronze.png

Finish the Istanbul driving chase in under 2 min and 59.4 secs

I've tried numerous times to earn this trophy, and so far, have had no luck. I never use checkpoints or restarts; I play the entire sequence from start to finish. I always begin the chapter from the level select screen, never a restart from within the game. I play through the sequence nearly flawlessly to avoid wasting anytime.

And still nothing...

Anyone have any tips? Thanks in advance.

See? This one totally sucks. And not being able to track your time in-game is completely unforgivable.

But I finally just got the trophy a few hours ago (at least it wasn't glitched!)... and here are some tips:

1. Don't use the handbrake, unless you're really comfortable with it, as the car's reaction to using it is not consistent and it's really easy to spin out. I never used it, but rather braked hard at the two spots where the game indicates you should use it.

2. I used what I think of as a "double-brake" technique. Since there's no force-feedback that gives you an idea of how fast you're going (and no speedometer, which is also beyond stupid), it's hard to get the braking down and often you either don't brake hard enough and hit the wall, or overbrake and kill your speed. I found if you hit L2, let go completely, and then hit L2 again, it would always decrease the car's speed to the point where I could take most turns without over- or understeering. I'm not sure why "braking while braking" worked so well, but it's probably the only thing that gave me a chance at this trial. Give it a shot and see if it helps.

3. If you somehow race well enough to catch up to the Hummer, BACK OFF a little bit. The game is programmed to keep the Hummer on a certain track and, if you happen to be next to it or in its way, it will absolutely destroy your chances of winning. I was spun out or sent to a complete standstill every single time I caught up to him near the beginning of the docks.

4. The first time you meet the two white armored cars (after the u-turn tunnel) , you can squeeze past the first one on the right without too much trouble, and you can also squeeze past the second one on the left near the wall. It's strange, as the armored car will approach you but will not usually pinch you off on the wall... it will just let you go.I was able to bypass these two every single time without problems.

5. Watch the video in your guide and pay attention to the player's tail lights.... in other words, note when he brakes and when he doesn't. I realized that there were turns where I was braking out of fear of crashing, when I never really needed to brake at all, and was able to both maintain control and keep my speed up.

6. When you first hit the docks, you'll be chasing the Hummer and one white car. Ride this white car around the first hairpin turn (just like in the video, it's actually really easy to do). At the second turn, the white car slows down significantly, and you can easily cut by him on the right and blow by him. As long as you keep your speed up, you'll never see him again. But be warned, if you drop your speed unnecessarily, he will probably hit you and spin you out.

7. Don't bother trying to pass the second set of two white armored cars... it's almost impossible (I only did it once and it was on the far right side). I also tried to avoid running into the back of them, as it seemed to slow me down more than if I just tapped R2 to keep my top speed down a little.

8. Keep trying, over and over. There is a lot of luck involved and random events happen far more often than they should, unfortunately (such as so-called scripted events where a car doesn't fly through the air over your head, but rather gets bumped directly in your path, which stops you and ruins your run)

9. Don't be like me and get frustrated by watching the video and seeing how that guys make two HUGE mistakes and still earns the trophy. I flawlessly completed the race several times and still didn't get the trophy. Just keep trying.

Easily one of the most poorly executed time trials I've encountered in a lifetime of playing videogames.

Good luck, it's just a horrible challenge. And think, after this one, you get to make it through that irritating ice level in one go as well.:( and the bridge race in one go without hitting a single vehicle :(

I haven't got this trophy yet.

I noticed on the YouTube video that:

A) He is playing it on an XBOX360. XBOX360 users recieved a patch for BloodStone because of trophy glitches. PS3 users have not yet recieved this patch.

B) He selects OO7 difficulty, the hardest difficulty while ignoring the other 3 easier difficulty levels

On another note I've heard from some other gamers who have actually had friends time their race with stop-watches. These people have apparently gotten several seconds under the required time and still no trophy.

Then I've heard some gamers say: I got it on my second attempt.

I wish they had an onscreen timer for the challenge just like in the driving levels for OO7: Everything or Nothing.

So we're left with 2 options wait for Activision to release a patch which is likely because trophy glitches have been discovered in both online and offline modes, or just keep practicing on the level. Even if you are finishing under the time limit just keep playing it finishing under the time limit until the glitch puts it through.

no the trophy isn't glitched i played it on agent it was my first run through the game i haven't unlocked 007 mode at the time

at the beginning of the chase when those 2 vans come out and start shooting

i was extremley close to them and also at the docks the there is a slow mo moment when a car flips and explodes i was just next to it

if you are very close to those events when they happen and make no mistakes you are on track

Well done getting it bud, I was also thinking this was glitched. I could do that sequence perfectly with my eyes closed and still no trophy. Getting really pissed off with this. :mad:

I finally got it and did nothing any better than previously done before. I overtook the car I was chasing at one point and got in front of the two vans at the end by the right-hand side. Finally it popped... should be a Gold though for all the trouble it is!!!

It isn't glitched... however, even if you complete it under the required time, it still takes a few successful tries:(.

.. been trying for days now :think: ...I do not do the u-turn, instead I go straight on full speed cause there are concrete barriers that guide you at high speed through the corner and you cannot fail- always works...

So I'll give it a couple more tries, then I'll sell the game (at last)

.. been trying for days now :think: ...I do not do the u-turn, instead I go straight on full speed cause there are concrete barriers that guide you at high speed through the corner and you cannot fail- always works...

So I'll give it a couple more tries, then I'll sell the game (at last)

Well, I'll be honest. It took me 12 & 1/2 hours trying this before I did it. I finished several times under 2.59.4, but only once did I earn the trophy. I believe that the PS3 timer in this game runs too fast. I finished in record time (Around 2.30) when I got the trophy. As such, the trophy requires a lot of time, patience, and luck.;)

Mostly hypothetical, but I timed my unsuccessful runs with both my computer timer and stopwatch, and they usually average around 2 minutes, 40 seconds.:think:

...just got it. I think it has to do with braking in the corners. This last run I tried to get through more corners as usual WITHOUT touching the brakes at all! Maybe there is a counter which you cannot exceed as in taking "x" corners minimum without touching the brakes? That will also explain people telling it's glitched since behaviour like this will get people: :confused: since beating the time isn't the only criterium AND it matches with people telling that you have to pay attention to when the lead vehicle puts on the brakes by watching the braking light (i didn't do that) AND it sort of fits to an achievement called "speed run" -oh well who cares, gonna put it on amazon right away being happy it's all over now with this §$"%/$%/ game (without having platinum because of this rediculous online achievements getting ALL the stuff) and I will start enjoying the ps3 again by buying GOOD games. Bye

• 1 month later...

this trophy is so annoying i get to very end then a stupid cars has to come into the way and then once i finish it got any tips for me how to get through it in one run-through cause iv tried about 5 times and no luck .. any help would be nice thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone confirm that the excact time the trophie pops up in the ps3 version is the same as on xbox version in the movie? Ths in important bc now i always have to finish the level to see i didn't get the trophie, if i can restart before the last cutscene it saves me alot of time

And also if i wanna time myself, were do i start? At the beginning of the level or when you take over the controls? There's a few seconds in there...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...