Only 60 Out Of 3,460!!

Safe to say those online trophies are the ones preventing people from obtaining platinum. Some of those checklists for the game medals are just so extensive its ridiculous, especially considering that they are bronze trophies.

I only got the game recently, but already it seems this platinum is beyond me. MP trophies seem like a very long and boring grind.

The only trophies I left behind were the ones for "earn lvl. 8 for each weapon and game medal". There was no way in HELL I was about to devote that many hours of my life to grinding two stupid MP trophies. Bronze trophies, no less.

I love platinum trophies as much as the next guy, but some just aren't worth the investment.

virtuoso was a bitch was to get with half the medals not counting 50% of the time. After it was platinumed, i looked back and realised while annoying it was fun as well. luckily i met a group of really good players, so it wasn't as much boosting as kicking back, shooting the absolute **** out of noobs and general fun teamwork. Was a well earned plat in the end.

Edited by donald047

What's so hard to believe about people not wanting to waste hours of their life just to earn some online trophy that rewards them no value in the real world? I like earning trophies, but no trophy is worth this...at least to me. However, I shall not criticize those who went for this platinum. To each his own.

• 2 weeks later...
cant believe only "60" people out of 3,460 have platinumed this game :confused:

so bassicaly 3,400 people dont want platinum which im shocked at. this game came out at the begining of november last year. i must of been in like the top ten to of platinumed this game.

I just looked at your trophy card and see a whole list of games you haven't platinumed. I'm shocked!

Anyway, sometimes people just don't go for platinum, it happens for one reason or another. I'm sure there are games that are more are platinums than this one.

What's so hard to believe about people not wanting to waste hours of their life just to earn some online trophy that rewards them no value in the real world? I like earning trophies, but no trophy is worth this...at least to me. However, I shall not criticize those who went for this platinum. To each his own.

you could also play...i dunno...for fun?i'm almost done with the game,only 2 more games with most assault rifle kills and i have all medals except the 500 games one,which can be automated as you won't get kicked out of a game for being afk,so the last 100 or so games i need i will just let my console online over night :dance:

i had a blast with the game,it was really fun and at times i was so addicted that i played well over 100 matches a week (which isn't even that much considering that full matches take like 3-5 minutes if you are in the right team)

yes it's a massive grind,but it's not particular hard or luck based like many other mp games,almost every medal will come automatically over time,without the need for boosting (except 00 elite of course)...50x most kills PLUS 50x most points looks crazy when first viewing the stats,but now i've got both well over 100 times and i'm only at 400 matches total

i only plat games which are fun to play (like red faction,bioshock or battlefield) and don't feel like a waste of time (like riddick,far cry or fear 2)

Edited by jigsaw

• 1 month later...

like others have mentioned whats wrong with this game = THE ONLINE is shit. you can put a full clip into a person (head and body) while they come at you and all they have to do is give you the elbow of doom and you are dead. its total bs

QOS is the way better bond game and i hate most FPSers.

i like war ones (BF1943, anything around WW2 time frame). fuck all that sci-fi fps bullshit. i dont care for being some super soldier up against some weird alien race who uses heat seaking anal rocket launchers.

but QOS had the online done right. if you died its because you got shot up enough to be killed. you didnt have to worry about some guy staying alive after taking a whole clip only for him to kill you with the elbow of doom.

• 4 weeks later...

I doubt I'd bother with the platinum. The single player campaign was great... completed it on normal difficulty, almost done with the 007 playthrough.

But the online is diabolical. QoS was great fun online, and it was almost a shame once I got platinum for that game. The single player for QoS wasn't bad, but the online felt balanced.

like others have mentioned whats wrong with this game = THE ONLINE is shit. you can put a full clip into a person (head and body) while they come at you and all they have to do is give you the elbow of doom and you are dead. its total bs

Haha I know what you mean. Very frustrating. You just soon realise that it's just easier to fight back with melee instead, pretty stupid but unfortunately that's just how the MP on this game is. The trophies are also absurd for a bronze anyway..

• 1 month later...

I think it's pretty simple. The online for this game is a steaming pile of donkey doo. Too much time investment for a lousy game. Hell this game takes longer than Battlefield 3 and Grand Theft Auto to platinum. :whistle:

Anyway I'm stopping at 91%. I had been holding onto the game in case I wanted to give the online a few more hours to grow on me after my initial impression of the online gameplay beeing like Wack-A-Mole, but I can't even get myself to play it again with Battlefield 3 just coming out, Uncharted 3 coming up, and so many other games in my backlog to play. Can't 100% them all, some games don't deserve the effort to grind out online trophies. Frankly it was probably a waste of time to get all single player trophies, I should have left it at one playthrough and just traded the game in immediately.

Edited by 2chalupas

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I don't know why I bought this. Maybe cause it was on sale maybe cause I like the idiotic grinds but I look forward (?) To this awesome ridiculousness

Wish me luck!

Good Luck. It took me 2 weeks of continuous grinding with a bunch of dedicated boosters to get this done. There were also lots of randoms intruding however so that broadened the time span.