• 16-20 Hours
    • 21-25 Hours
    • 26-35 Hours
    • 36-50 Hours
    • 51-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

time_16-20.png

Estimated Time to Plat/100% Length: ????

• Visit the Platinum Club for this game.
  • Visit the Collected Estimated Time Ratings thread.

Voting Guidelines

1. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards the Plat or 100%.
  2. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  3. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving the Plat or 100%.
  4. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  5. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  6. Vote with honesty and integrity.
Edited by Viper

Well I said 6-10. Now you probably wonder how the hell that's possible. Well Guys let me show you the Jak 2 Mar's Tomb skip video I made. It will get you every single trophy even if you just escaped. And orb glitch and basically grind off metal heads through Vin's portal, so you kill the first few (or if you did it legit) you go around the entire area and kill every metal head and you will easily get 50+ metal heads per attempt, after you kill them all just die.

NOTE: It will NOT get you all the trophies up to that point on Vita, because the one mission Over Easy on Vita requires you to beat it with the touch screen.

It took a little over 20 hours to platinum this game on both PS3 and Vita. Not just because I was using the orb glitch, but because the game is so damn hard. The difficulty of the game, the poor controls, poor camera angles and horrific lack of checkpoints make playing the story a bit of a grind.

• 1 month later...
Well I said 6-10. Now you probably wonder how the hell that's possible. Well Guys let me show you the Jak 2 Mar's Tomb skip video I made. It will get you every single trophy even if you just escaped. And orb glitch and basically grind off metal heads through Vin's portal, so you kill the first few (or if you did it legit) you go around the entire area and kill every metal head and you will easily get 50+ metal heads per attempt, after you kill them all just die.

NOTE: It will NOT get you all the trophies up to that point on Vita, because the one mission Over Easy on Vita requires you to beat it with the touch screen.

So on PS3 you won't be missing any trophies? Can you still do the orb glitch at some point during this?

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished the (P) with LEGIT strats, no orb glitch or shenanigans like that. I needed exactly 16 hours for that.

I would say the most time consuming part was the races. Especially the street race through the city took me about 2h of practice until I got the gold record.

The Class 3 and 2 Golds are also pretty tough, the others are okay to get, especially if you learned how to drive.

The story is about ~10 hours, I didn't look at the clock, but I did quite a few of the orb hunts and special missions inbetween. I also always explored the areas to pick up the orbs lying around.

After finishing the story and all orbs I went back to the Forest Temple and farmed about ~20-30 Metal head gems and I got my trophy for that. I picked up most of the gems during the missions but not every single one. But getting the last ones only took about 5 minutes.

I voted for 16-20, because it took me 16:03.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I voted 16-20. I think I must have played it for five times that on the PS2, but just going for the trophy, there isn't a lot that's going to take up your time. Still a fun game to me ten years later, contrary to what the overwhelming sentiment seems to be on here, sadly.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I put 35 hour+ as my gametime was 29 and a half, felt closer to the next option.

I died A LOT during some parts, like the timed bomb section and also I had a glitch that happened more then once where enemies was gone and it told me to kill everyone so I got stuck in the room for hours trying to progress.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes you can. You will get all trophies before hand on PS3, just not Vita.

The metal heads in HD are glitch and give infinite amounts at the place where you use the turret to shoo the eggs of the wall (forget where) but Vin's place. YOu just go in and out and kill the helicopter blade metal heads.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...