Does it get better?

Radford999

I have never played Jak and Daxter before. I bought the collection just looking for 3 easy/fun plats. The first one was ok. Quite fun. The second however is so boring. I've done around 13 missions and i am so bored. All i seem to be doing is going from mission to mission doing some of the most boring missions of a game i've ever played. Does it get better? Or do you just constantly run around doing shitty little missions?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

People are quick to trash talk Jak II and Jak 3 but I'd like to see some of these people's ideas for a better way to make the story flow so dynamically and dramatically as it did. With such great character progression and dark change in atmosphere throughout.

(This is my personal opinion, nothing more) Jak II is my favorite because it's arguably the "darkest" of the three and features generally more challenging missions. The game also feels longer than the other two even if it's not.

Jak 3 next because it's essentially Jak II with more Gameplay mechanics, Weapons, and Environments to explore.

Jak and Daxter is my least favorite in the trilogy (Watch as I get stoned by the fanatics) simply because I didn't play it first and it always kind of felt like a downgrade from the norm. It's by no means a bad game, in fact it's quite an amazing adventure if you haven't completed it; Had I simply played it before the other two games, it very well could have been my favorite of the three :)

• 7 months later...
I have never played Jak and Daxter before. I bought the collection just looking for 3 easy/fun plats. The first one was ok. Quite fun. The second however is so boring. I've done around 13 missions and i am so bored. All i seem to be doing is going from mission to mission doing some of the most boring missions of a game i've ever played. Does it get better? Or do you just constantly run around doing shitty little missions?

It only gets worse. :mad:

I finally got 100% on this bad boy. Never been so happy to see a game finished. It was tough at times but I wasnt going to back down. The City Race with Erol and the part with the turret drove me insane and at times really made me think I couldnt finish the game.

Luckily there are a few glitches you can use to your advantage like the last boss glitch.

For those just starting Jak II be prepared for alot of restarts on a particulary fun but fustrating game. Checkpoints are not your friends and protect your health at all costs. There isnt health packs on certain levels and for races, well some luck is needed.

This game sucks at least for Vita: camera, controls, framerate, gameplay, etc. Each mission is pain in ass it almost all missions are final and each time i complete a mission is party to celebrate :eek:

I gave 2 out of 10.

I can assure you it is the Vita port. The PS3/PS2 versions are way better.

Jak 2 is honestly to me the best of the Jak series and one of the best games of all time. I just Mar's Tomb skip the game so I can do all the badass and fun missions. I also love the difficulty, gameplay, story just everything. So much fun.

• 1 month later...