I have to voice my opinion on this game

jstup17

i hardly ever really get on here but i have to say somethings about this game.. its honestly terrible.. every damn mission sucks and there all dumb hard.. i mean how can a game change that much from the first to the second.. the first game was so enjoyable and they go to this crap.. having to travel to every damn mission start.. so rediculous.. i am at 92 percent done and thank god its almost over for me.. i sure as hell hope the third one goes back to its true roots.. fun

Agreed!

It is almost like they tried to reach a totally different audience with Jak 2 by changing it from a fantasy platformer to a futuristic shooter. Bad move.

When I first got the game on PS2 as a child, I found it incredibly hard. Now I just find SOME missions frustrating due to the lack of checkpoints (much like some of Naughty Dog's other games...)

The Krimzon Guard stop you from doing anything in the city - it feels like Grand Theft Auto or something! One of the precursor orb tweaks should remove them from the game completely.

Jak 3 has elements of fun, but is still quite similar to Jak 2. It is still, essentially, a shooter. Long live Jak 1. VERY fun game.

• 1 month later...

Im not that familliar with the series (as in i havn't played them all) but i played and i loved the first one. But now i played a little bit of Jak II and i agree.. it's so boring and tedious. Im still going to platinum it but it won't be as fun as i originally thought it would be.

Most of you guys don't understand that back when this game was released it was different.

This Jak got alot of praise from both players and reviewers for the evolution it got from the 1st Jak, (story, gameplay, character development etc..) it even got better than its rival Ratchet and Clack with this 2nd installment which was a old rivalry with Insomniac games since the ps1 era (Crash and Spyro)

ND changed the Jak 1 formula (which i love too) because simply another Sony Platform game got the advantage, Ratchet and Clank 1 was a success, Jak 1 simply didn't stand a chance agaisnt Ratchet with the simple platform formula so it got changed to compete with its friendly rival Insomiac Games. And sand boxes games like GTA were a big hit in the PS2 era so this aproach by Naughty Dog was clever.

Of course to gamers nowadays the game must look like trash because the sand box and shooter games have evolved alot, and since there are so few true platform games like the 1st Jak and Daxter there is less bashing or hate for the 1st Jak.

Regarding Jak 3, Naughty Dog did the right thing by making a mix of both the 1st Jak and the 2nd Jak games with new elements, which makes it overall the best Jak game imo.

i got my own problems with jak 2.

i got my jak 1 platinum probably almost a month ago and im on about 10% complete of jak 2 and its a pile of shit. nothing like the 1st jak and so boring. dont think ive played for 2 weeks. its rubbish. now do i go straight to jak 3 or put myself through more misery??

i hardly ever really get on here but i have to say somethings about this game.. its honestly terrible.. every damn mission sucks and there all dumb hard.. i mean how can a game change that much from the first to the second.. the first game was so enjoyable and they go to this crap.. having to travel to every damn mission start.. so rediculous.. i am at 92 percent done and thank god its almost over for me.. i sure as hell hope the third one goes back to its true roots.. fun

I agree with you here. I only played Jak and Daxter back on PS2 and was full of anticipation to start Jak 2... well, big disappointment I got there.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm 57% through this game and not enjoyed one thing about it at the moment.

I don't mind a game being challenging but the lack of checkpoints and terrible mechanics makes it feel like its more luck than judgement on nearly every mission - especially destroying the 5 hellcats that i'm stuck on right now:mad:

Back when I was a kid I had all 3 Jak games.

But the thing I never completed the first one, but I 100% both Jak 2 and 3 playing through 2 now and some of these mission but stupidly hard and I cant believe I did this 8 years ago.

But as I just platinumed the first game I think this rest will be a cake walk.

I played this one several years ago, and even then I found it frustrating and annoying. I absolutely hated driving around the city just to get where I wanted to go. I would always bump into the AI or the buildings. Playing it again now, and I like it even less.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the first game but this game is making me want to pull out my hair.

Cons:

Hard as balls (especially the side missions)

Lack of checkpoints

Getting around the city (either hover and hit a non stop supply of other cars, or go close to the ground and run over random people)

The addition of guns

• 2 weeks later...

I plated this game last week. Only reason I did it is because I didn't want another game with a few trophies on my list. I thought the game was Ok on PS2 but I suffered playing it through this time on PS3. May have been a good game on PS2 but unless u like punishment stay away.

... I am very thankful for orbs glitch, never would have done it legit.

• 1 month later...

I remember playing this game back on the PS2, but I didn't remember it being so bad... Horrible fighting mechanics (both melee and using the 'guns'), horrible camera, horrible platforming (love when you can't even see below you because of the camera angle), and so many glitches (after 30 tries beating the street race sub-mission (not the one with Errol), I was neck and neck at the last ring, and got the 'You Win' with a 'try again?' option... the game told me I won, but didn't record the win, so I had to redo it AGAIN).

I'm going to just finish the main story and use the orb glitch to get my 286 orbs... the game is too glitched to get them without... glitching =P

• 2 weeks later...