Best missions for orb glitch?

rikt

• 2 months later...
I've uploaded a video showing the fastest possible way to get this trophy, make sure that this mission is available!

I keep trying the way in your video, but it never works - i just lose momentum and stop before the orb?

• 2 weeks later...

For that orb mission where you rise up from the water, how soon can you get to that part if you were to start the game over?

I beat the game a while ago and I am around 160 orbs but i have already got many of the fetch orb quests and the remaining are a few of those, the gun courses, and races mixed in with the orbs in the levels.

This mission looks a lot more relieving than trying to get them all, but I don't want to play the game and have to get 5+ hours in to get to that one mission.

• 2 weeks later...
For that orb mission where you rise up from the water, how soon can you get to that part if you were to start the game over?

I beat the game a while ago and I am around 160 orbs but i have already got many of the fetch orb quests and the remaining are a few of those, the gun courses, and races mixed in with the orbs in the levels.

This mission looks a lot more relieving than trying to get them all, but I don't want to play the game and have to get 5+ hours in to get to that one mission.

That specific orb mission pops up directly after you beat the story mission where you save Ash (crimson chick who looks half naked and is the baron's daughter). After you beat that story mission is when the orb mission pops up. In my playthru I unlocked it at 2:28 so 2 and a half hours before I unlocked it.

Edited by TRAGICTRIXIE

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I did it here. However, I found it easier to stand on the smaller rock to the left, and double-jump from it. Not my video.

[see original post for vid]

For me this is the only mission that I can reliably get the orbs without messing up, so for anyone looking to glitch and get 286 orbs this is the mission to do it on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I've uploaded a video showing the fastest possible way to get this trophy, make sure that this mission is available!

Awesome, can't wait to try this tonight. Quick question as im not on my PS3 atm, when you say jet upwards are you doing anything special or just swimming upwards?

I haven't done all of those orb missions, but now they are red and I can't play them. Why?

In Jak II if you set off the alarm and have the krimzon guards come after you all the side missions turn red and are unplayable until the alarm is shut off, so go hide from the guards!

• 3 weeks later...

I looked into the Orb glitch because I missed ONE Orb during my quest to get the "Skip the Stairs" trophy. As soon as u reach the top, I didnt turn around and grab the orb in the room :confused: When I tried to go back and get it, the doors at the palace wouldn't open :eek: So I saw this Vid for the Orb glitch and so far, it's working for me :dance: check it out:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OxB6-QOVDA]Jak 2 easy infinite orbs - YouTube[/ame]

(FYI: I havent synced my console yet, so if u try to look at my stats, u wont see the orb trophies)

• 3 weeks later...