Easy last boss glitch

MMDE

Source: *SPOILERS* Jak II Final Boss Glitch *SPOILERS* - Jak II - Neoseeker Forums

The poster never explained properly how to do it, but eventually I figured it out. Sure you can do this boss without a glitch, but if you are having a hard time, then this glitch is awesome and renders the boss extremely easy.

What you have to do:

1. Grind 200 yellow bullets, so you have full ammo (smash the boxes and collect the ammo, then die to make the boxes respawn).
  2. From where you spawn after dying, turn around and you will see where you came from. In the left corner there should be some small ledges. Place yourself as high as you can a bit to the left of these ledges.
  3. Hold L1 for a second, and then jump for a high jump. While in air press circle for a spin attack while trying to aim for the lowest ledge. You might need to try a couple of times, but once you get the hang of it, it's very easy.
  4. When on top of the lowest ledge, jump up to the highest.
  5. From the top you can shoot down on the boss, and just walk backwards whenever you see it trying to shoot on you to avoid it's attack. You won't be bothered by the scorpions at all. Those few flying enemies will still be able to attack you, but they should be easy match for you by now especially with nothing else attacking you at the same time. The last part of the boss shouldn't be a problem either, because you are still at the top of the ledge.

Thanks to JFryes for making a youtube video of it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj7t8-hV_3E]Jak II - Final Boss (the easy way) - Pedal to the Metal trophy - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by MMDE

Thank you, I'm probably going to have to use this to avoid further frustration lol.

Beating the last boss is some of the hardest you will do by just following the story. This glitch makes the last boss a total joke. When I used it, I killed the boss in first attempt without losing any health.

• 2 weeks later...
Source: *SPOILERS* Jak II Final Boss Glitch *SPOILERS* - Jak II - Neoseeker Forums

The poster never explained properly how to do it, but eventually I figured it out. Sure you can do this boss without a glitch, but if you are having a hard time, then this glitch is awesome and renders the boss extremely easy.

What you have to do:

1. Grind 200 yellow bullets, so you have full ammo (smash the boxes and collect the ammo, then die to make the boxes respawn).
  2. From where you spawn after dying, turn around and you will see where you came from. In the left corner there should be some small ledges. Place yourself as high as you can a bit to the left of these ledges.
  3. Hold L1 for a second, and then jump for a high jump. While in air press circle for a spin attack while trying to aim for the lowest ledge. You might need to try a couple of times, but once you get the hang of it, it's very easy.
  4. When on top of the lowest ledge, jump up to the highest.
  5. From the top you can shoot down on the boss, and just walk backwards whenever you see it trying to shoot on you to avoid it's attack. You won't be bothered by the scorpions at all. Those few flying enemies will still be able to attack you, but they should be easy match for you by now especially with nothing else attacking you at the same time. The last part of the boss shouldn't be a problem either, because you are still at the top of the ledge.

I initially had problems jumping onto the ledge. My mistake was that I was pushing up (forward) on the stick while pressing X. Once I figured out not to do that, it worked for me. Thanks!

Edited by mgrantz

I initially had problems jumping onto the ledge. My mistake was that I was pushing up (forward) on the stick while pressing X. Once I figured out not to do that, it worked for me. Thanks!

Ah, yes, but it clearly says Hold L1 for a second. ;)

In any case, holding L1 to jump higher is standard high jump in the game. :)

Good to hear you was able to do it, my biggest problem was that I needed to press circle for a spin. I tried 30 times without the spin, and then I made it on first attempt with the spin! xD Didn't even spin on purpose, my controller is a mess, it presses random buttons if I'm not handling the left stick with care.

Edited by MMDE

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks a lot mate, finally could finish this game with your great strategy/glitch. Jak 2 can really test you skills and patience with some frustrating moments and the poor checkpoint system. Hope Jak 3 is better, thanks again :)

I thought the checkpoints were fair, good and well chosen. My complaint about the game is that they didn't use the city for more than walking and racing, and for that it was horrible. Too much luck also affected the gameplay, making it just frustrating at times to play it. Jak 3 fixes these problems, and is also easier checkpoint wise.

Thanks for this, close to the end of the game now, and I think I'll have to use this to finally stop my frustration and move onto Jak 3 :)

It's cool if you guys share your experience after trying the "glitch". So that if you guys found anything to be tricky, and then found a solution for that, then others gets help too. Or maybe just say how well it worked or something along those lines haha.

This helped me out immensely, took him down on the first go, definitely saved me a lot of headache, that kind of jumping should be second nature to anyone who has been collecting the precursor orbs ;)

Once up there I found it best to use the rifle, once the flying enemies spawn on the second stage use your shotgun for fast and easy kills, then finish him off with the rifle if you have ammo, if not then try using the blue mg, you will not be hit by the majority of his attacks but be careful that his spit attack doesn't hit you!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...