Jet Board/Blow Up Strip Mine Eco Wells

lost4lost

i am stuck on this mission. My jet board never goes fast enough to get to the top. i also tried doing down a hill first. I know you have to press X when you get above but for some reason jak on jet board dont go fast enough. Is there a boost button on the jet board or something? Looked at a youtube video of it and they make it look easy. I do same thing as they do on youtube but my jak on jet board doesnt go high enough for some reason. Why is that? I need help. Stuck

Make sure to push the left stick forward. And if I remember right, holding the L1-button also helps a little, and the jump is all about timing. And do the ramps in order, do not waste time on crossing the map several times.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq9LeHEOLFI]Jak 2 [Walkthrough] Part 30: Blow Up Strip Mine Eco Wells. - YouTube[/ame]

• 1 year later...

Can anyone tell me if this mission is glitched? I can do 4 of the wells without any problem at all. And I can get to the other 2 well within time limit, but no matter WHAT I do, I can't put the bombs in them. And I'm talking 2-300 tries to get it in a specific well, and it refuses to do the animation to throw the bomb (no matter which order I try).

Anyone else had this?

God this game blows.

• 1 month later...
There's no glitch, you just have to be pretty precise with the timing of hitting X.

This. There's no secret to it, it's just stupid. Why you need to mess about trying to press :cross: at the top I don't know. The time it gives you isn't the best as it is.

I did eventually get it the other day, and you don't have to hit X at the tip as it states, a wee bit further down will get it for you. Just muck around on one of the ramps until you've sussed out when to hit X and you should *hopefully* not have too many issues!

PS. There's a couple of pretty bad missions after this one for you to enjoy too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Had a bunch of trouble with this pain in the @$$ mission on the vita. It's cake on PS2/3 but here it can be unresponsive. Like stated before me, pressing X right at the top of each ramp is meant to send you hurdling up and toss the bomb in. If it seems hopeless and it's just not working try tapping X quickly as you're reaching the height of the ramps. It's tricky but with practice you'll get it eventually. Be confident :)

• 1 month later...
Can anyone tell me if this mission is glitched? I can do 4 of the wells without any problem at all. And I can get to the other 2 well within time limit, but no matter WHAT I do, I can't put the bombs in them. And I'm talking 2-300 tries to get it in a specific well, and it refuses to do the animation to throw the bomb (no matter which order I try).

Anyone else had this?

God this game blows.

ah, nope. I didn't have that problem, sorry.

^

Gotta love the response right above mine here. Why would you respond?

"No sorry, I didn't have an issue. I got it first try. You must suck at games."

Geez, really? Do we really need responses like this? We're all here on these forums looking for help, not to hear how easy it was for you, or how you didn't have any issues. Get a clue, buddy!

I'm currently stuck at this level, and I think it has to do with the Vita's framerate. Will keep trying and then move onto another game if it doesn't work. The game is pretty fun, but moronic issues like this just hurt it.

Seems pressing X a little higher than the curve of the ramp is the way to do it, but it doesn't always work. :(

I managed 4/5 strip mines in first jump, so there has to be some way to make it work consistently. I pressed X just before the lip of the ramp, you might want to look for sweet spot around there. Also i tried to aim as straight towards the ramp as possible.

Also, at least with Vita it is possible that some consoles work better than others at some specific mission. Has been reported in other games, usually these are touch screen/back pad related issues.

^

Gotta love the response right above mine here. Why would you respond?

"No sorry, I didn't have an issue. I got it first try. You must suck at games."

Geez, really? Do we really need responses like this? We're all here on these forums looking for help, not to hear how easy it was for you, or how you didn't have any issues. Get a clue, buddy!

I'm currently stuck at this level, and I think it has to do with the Vita's framerate. Will keep trying and then move onto another game if it doesn't work. The game is pretty fun, but moronic issues like this just hurt it.

Seems pressing X a little higher than the curve of the ramp is the way to do it, but it doesn't always work. :(

I didn't say u sucked. I was letting you know this problem didn't occur to me. As to why it's happening to you, idk, sorry? Calm the hell down bro.

Yeah, I didn't imply that you said we sucked...I just detest responses like that in general. (ie: I had no problems....you suck at games...etc) They're arrogant and useless in a forum (and thread) where someone is clearly experiencing frustration and asking for constructive help.

Perhaps my wording was a bit strong, and I apologize. However, unless you're the 1st person to post a response in a thread, please don't tell us that you had no issues. Especially when you offer zero advice.

Thank you. Apologies for offending you. Please take what I've said here into consideration next time you post.

• 4 months later...

For Vita users:

After a weekend stuck in this mission and giving up. I tried again today and find the most useful advice to reach the ramp totally lined up, straight up and in the center (if possible), full left joystick ahead with no angle ("twelve o'clock"). This can be really hard with the camera control, but approaching totally perpendicular with the ramp was my key to success. In fact, I drop each bomb at first try, so 20 seconds or so were left in the countdown.

To beginers maybe this advice will not be usefull, but when you have tried a hour or so and are friendly with board controls, maybe it can help you. I Hope so, I totally decide to quit this game and then .. bam :applause:. Let's see how are the following missions.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After spending two days on this, I believe I've discovered the trick to nailing this on the Vita. I accidentally got one well using the following method and applied it to my very next run and aced it. Everyone claims you need to jump at the top of the platform, but I found the sweet spot to be just slightly above the middle of the platform. As a visual aide, I made it a point to jump right before I reached the horizontal line dividing the top two tiles. Made a mistake on one of the wells and still had 17 seconds to spare. If anyone gets a chance to confirm or deny this theory, I'd greatly appreciate it. Hope this helps!

Mar's Tomb skip on vita. Easiest way to beat 66% of the game in 20 mins.

up until mar's tomb is how to skip it. It really works on Vita, I tested it myself also you can equip secrets with question marks too lol even though they aren't unlocked and you don't have the orbs HELL even with 0 orbs you can equip them.

Mar's Tomb skip on vita. Easiest way to beat 66% of the game in 20 mins.
up until mar's tomb is how to skip it. It really works on Vita, I tested it myself also you can equip secrets with question marks too lol even though they aren't unlocked and you don't have the orbs HELL even with 0 orbs you can equip them.

But, don't you miss out on the trophies?

Nope. There's only 1 glitched trophy, the one with the eggs, it's glitched on vita and requires to be replayed. you literally get every single trophy other than that trophy lol because the game counts trophies via by percentage and if you tell the game you are 66% you get every trophy from that point.

• 4 months later...
After spending two days on this, I believe I've discovered the trick to nailing this on the Vita. I accidentally got one well using the following method and applied it to my very next run and aced it. Everyone claims you need to jump at the top of the platform, but I found the sweet spot to be just slightly above the middle of the platform. As a visual aide, I made it a point to jump right before I reached the horizontal line dividing the top two tiles. Made a mistake on one of the wells and still had 17 seconds to spare.

Tried a couple hours on the Vita to get this mission and finally figured out the trick above on my own and got through the mission. I didn't remember the PS2/3 being this hard to do...

But I remember the first time getting on the Jetboard during the stadium challenge on my Vita playthrough that the jump seemed a bit off from the PS2/3. If you never played anything other than the Vita version I don't think you'd ever notice, but for those who have played the PS2 or 3 versions several times and so know the gameplay by heart, its quite noticeable.

To test, I booted up ye olde PS2 and ran this mission from Level Select.

What I tested:

- Jumping at top of ramp, like I always did before

- Jumping at the sweet spot for Vita

- Jumping a bit early for the sweet spot. (not too early though, this was the most risky move)

- Jumping at top of ramp, approach was NOT dead center 12 o'clock, rather a 1 O'clock.

- Jumping at the sweet spot for Vita, approach was NOT dead center 12 o'clock, rather a 1 O'clock.

All of these methods successfully put a plasmite bomb in the Eco well, and on first tries as well.

Playing this though the jump felt more responsive, so I did a quick test. I said "Off" to my self once my thumb had completed pressing :cross:.

On the PS2 the average ended up to be I would say "Off" while Jak was in mid-air, reaching or almost at reaching the height of his jump.

On the Vita the average ended up to be I'd say "Off" just as Jak was beginning his jump.

So based on that, that confirms my earlier suspicion that the Vita has a bad lag time on Jetboard jumping.

Based on estimates of speed you are traveling at and the difference in jump heights in my earlier test, I believe when you press :cross: at the Vita "sweet spot" you are actually jumping (to the game) at the top of the ramp like you usually would in the PS2, as you travel the top two tiles in the time it takes the Vita system to process the jump.

If anyone gets a chance to confirm or deny this theory, I'd greatly appreciate it. Hope this helps!

Confirmed.

• 10 months later...

This has got to be the most annoying mission in the first 49% of the game. After some trial and error, it seems that the trick to getting the bomb throwing animation to trigger does not have so much to do with when to push the X button, but rather hitting the ramp with the right speed and trajectory. You really have to have near full speed and enter pretty much dead on rather than off angle to hit each well. I hit X at or near the top half of the ramp.

Also going up the pylon and grinding the rail on the left-most ramp is key to saving time, rather than riding the buckets. Although the video posted in the 2nd message this thread is pretty good, I find that the technique in this youtube video shows the best order to hit the wells to maximize speed and keep the entry angle as straight as possible. Study this video and this mission will be history in short order.

https://youtu.be/0p94U6Qn5kM

• 2 months later...
This has got to be the most annoying mission in the first 49% of the game. After some trial and error, it seems that the trick to getting the bomb throwing animation to trigger does not have so much to do with when to push the X button, but rather hitting the ramp with the right speed and trajectory. You really have to have near full speed and enter pretty much dead on rather than off angle to hit each well. I hit X at or near the top half of the ramp.

Also going up the pylon and grinding the rail on the left-most ramp is key to saving time, rather than riding the buckets. Although the video posted in the 2nd message this thread is pretty good, I find that the technique in this youtube video shows the best order to hit the wells to maximize speed and keep the entry angle as straight as possible. Study this video and this mission will be history in short order.

https://youtu.be/0p94U6Qn5kM

I got this on my 30th attempt, Lol!

That isn't the most annoying mission though, the jetpack guys is the worst.

• 1 year later...
Nope. There's only 1 glitched trophy, the one with the eggs, it's glitched on vita and requires to be replayed. you literally get every single trophy other than that trophy lol because the game counts trophies via by percentage and if you tell the game you are 66% you get every trophy from that point.

I can confirm this 100%. As soon as you start the game do the glitch. It will net you a huge percentage of the trophies and bypass a lot of severely irritating and frustrating missions.

The trophies may not pop right away so don't be alarmed. I was about half way through my my first "Test of Manhood" challenge when mine popped.

Edited by TacoNinja