Jak II Precursor Orb Guide and Checklists

SandeProElite

R5LVwdP.png 

There are a total of 286 Precursor Orbs in Jak II to find. The 7 orbs in Metal Head Nest are missable and must be collected before beating the level. To keep better track of your orbs, I'd recommend getting the 94 orbs in mission areas first before attempting any other orb missions. You can also use the checklists below to keep track of all your orbs.

Orb Breakdown

Mission Areas – 94

Underground Missions – 72

Stadium Races – 54

Street Races – 18

Gun Courses – 36

Jet Board Challenge – 9

Onin Game – 3

Orb Guide

The following text guide from GameFAQs lists the locations for all the orbs:

If you prefer a video guide, you can watch the following guides made by Legend0fDragoon and Confury.

Mission Areas

Fortress

Spoiler

Pumping Station

Spoiler

Strip Mine (1st visit)

Spoiler

Drill Platform

Spoiler

Mountain Temple (1st visit)

Spoiler

Palace

Spoiler

Haven Forest + Mountain Temple (Jetboard)

Spoiler

Sewers (2nd visit) + Strip Mine (2nd visit)

Spoiler

Dig (2nd visit)

Spoiler

Mar's Tomb

Spoiler

Dead Town (3rd visit)

Spoiler

Strip Mine (3rd visit)

Spoiler

Weapons Lab

Spoiler

Underport

Spoiler

Construction Site

Spoiler

Metal Head Nest

Spoiler

Underground Missions

Spoiler

Stadium Races

Spoiler

Class 3

Class 2

Class 1

Class 3 Reverse

Class 2 Reverse

Class 1 Reverse

Street Races

City Race

Spoiler

Port Race

Spoiler

Gun Courses

Scatter Gun

Spoiler

Blaster

Spoiler

Vulcan Fury

Spoiler

Peace Maker

Spoiler

Jet Board Challenge

Spoiler

Onin Game

Spoiler

Checklists

The following checklists can help you keep track of which orbs you already have or still need:

WmwIz2v.png 

8jVNf7W.png 

Edited by Gage
Fixed formatting

I'm not sure if this has been posted somewhere else, but I found a great video guide for the 286 precursor orbs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvc5VVDkdG4&feature=related]Jak 2 Collectationator Trophy Part 1 - Prison (Act1) - YouTube[/ame]

I take no credit for this guide. All credit goes to youtube user: LegendOfDragoon

• 2 weeks later...

This is perhaps the best orb guide anyone can find for Jak 2. It is virtually impossible to find anything useful on Youtube and the text guides are nowhere near as helpful as I hoped.

Great work, Heavy Weapons Guy.

Oh, and I'm the Scout who took your Sandvich...

• 2 weeks later...

After completing Jak 1 and getting the platinum I am playing through Jak 2 now.

Have already gained all precursor orbs for the Fortress level (when escaping).

Also done a couple of other levels since but having seen these videos I have missed some orbs.

Is it possible to go back into previously completed levels (areas) before finishing the game to get any missing orbs? If so, how do you do it?

Thanks.:think:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
After completing Jak 1 and getting the platinum I am playing through Jak 2 now.

Have already gained all precursor orbs for the Fortress level (when escaping).

Also done a couple of other levels since but having seen these videos I have missed some orbs.

Is it possible to go back into previously completed levels (areas) before finishing the game to get any missing orbs? If so, how do you do it?

Thanks.:think:

Yes, you can go back to any of the areas except Metal Head Nest even after beating the game. To get back to any area, just use the regular entrances to them. They're accessable without doing any missions. Only exceptions are Strip Mine and Dig + Weapons Factory. You can get back to strip mine using the teleporter in Fortress, you used to rescue your friends from there. For Dig and Weapons Factory, there's a hidden rail you can grind in Pumping Station.

I literally made an account to comment on this guide its awesome thanks a lot its very very helpful! Definitely going to be able to find them all now. Now if only there was a similar guide for jak 3..... :D

I thought of making one, but I haven't found proper vids for it yet.

How do you get back inside the Fortress? I just did the "Rescue Friends in Fortress" mission and then I returned to the door on the east side where I entered. It won't open though. I missed the orbs my first time through, and when I returned to the torture chamber in the previous mission, the cutscene took over.

I'm concerned I can't make it back in there.

I thought of making one, but I haven't found proper vids for it yet.

I understand I looked around on youtube, there's nothing close to what is on this guide. The guy who made it did an awesome job, i'm thinking about messaging him and asking him if hes making some jak 3 videos too hahaha. :) But yeah the checklists are really helping to keep track, I have 271 so far, Gold on the scatter gun, silver and gold on the yellow gun, and silver and gold on the hoverboard is all i have left to get.

I'm still trying to figure out how/when you can go back inside the fortress so I can collect the orbs I missed. I'm well past the "Rescue Friends" mission, like 5-6 missions after it and I still can't figure out how to get back inside.

Searching for the answer on the web has been frustratingly unhelpful. All I see is "you can go back eventually" but not when that is.

I'm still trying to figure out how/when you can go back inside the fortress so I can collect the orbs I missed. I'm well past the "Rescue Friends" mission, like 5-6 missions after it and I still can't figure out how to get back inside.

Searching for the answer on the web has been frustratingly unhelpful. All I see is "you can go back eventually" but not when that is.

I'm pretty sure that door will re-open at some point, probably after you have finished the game. But I know for sure that you can go back to the fortress, so don't worry about the orbs.