XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > J (PS3) > Jak II HD

Old 02-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Mystic

Awards Showcase LittleBigPlanet Level Design Contest, 2nd Place
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default Jetboard Gold High Score

Anyone got any tips? Maybe a detailed guide?

I have 283 orbs. My last 3 I need is getting gold on the Jetboard course and my god, I just cannot for the life of me do it. With only a minute and 30 seconds I can barely squeeze out 90,000 points, far from the required 120,000.

I'm too far in to do an orb glitch. So is anyone else trying to do this or have?

I'm seeing these YouTube videos, and I'm doing the same tricks and everything but I'm just not being rewarded the same amount of points. Frustrating!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to infavol

Basically, you stick to the rails and rack up about 10,000 every run on one. My highest is 100,000 but I haven't really gone for it yet.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
J2V

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

To get the score you have to grind on long rails keep doing tricks. I used the L1 button to do tricks it gave me more points than doing tricks with R1. Getting 40000 points or more within the first 30 secs of the challenge can help out a lot.

Many thanks to ESYLD for the signature.
JOTW Gaming Anthem| Trophy Motivation Jam|2014 Tunes| JOTW's|Platinum HOF
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
J2V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

I too am struggling on this. best i have got is 96k =\ my average is around 70... this is gonna be a loooong night
spr0gg0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

This is definitely not as difficult as it first seems; there are things in this game that are pretty challenging but this is not reeeally one of them. Basically, whenever you jump keep spamming L1 + R1 + a direction over and over (try and vary the direction you use after a while because your points seem to decrease the more you use a move). The important part: whenever you land, be it a big jump or a small jump, hold square, so as to grind on anything and everything. By doing this you should be linking a great deal of your moves together which will net you big points.

The majority of my run was focused around the big half pipe directly in front of you as you start. At once particular point I land on the side of the half pipe on the way down, did a move, did another grind, did a move, did another grind, etc. etc., down the side of the half pipe, after landing I netted 20k which took around 5 seconds. Rinse and repeat. As a side note, it is useful to use the L1 + R1 + down move at the start, you should be able to pull three of these moves off before landing in the half pipe, and you should have 12k, which is a nice starting boost.

If all works well your hands should feel like they've hand a pretty good workout by the end of the 1 minute 29 seconds and you should, fairly easily, finish around 140-150k.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabShack View Post
This is definitely not as difficult as it first seems; there are things in this game that are pretty challenging but this is not reeeally one of them. Basically, whenever you jump keep spamming L1 + R1 + a direction over and over (try and vary the direction you use after a while because your points seem to decrease the more you use a move). The important part: whenever you land, be it a big jump or a small jump, hold square, so as to grind on anything and everything. By doing this you should be linking a great deal of your moves together which will net you big points.

The majority of my run was focused around the big half pipe directly in front of you as you start. At once particular point I land on the side of the half pipe on the way down, did a move, did another grind, did a move, did another grind, etc. etc., down the side of the half pipe, after landing I netted 20k which took around 5 seconds. Rinse and repeat. As a side note, it is useful to use the L1 + R1 + down move at the start, you should be able to pull three of these moves off before landing in the half pipe, and you should have 12k, which is a nice starting boost.

If all works well your hands should feel like they've hand a pretty good workout by the end of the 1 minute 29 seconds and you should, fairly easily, finish around 140-150k.
It's probably the easiest challenge to get gold at...
MMDE is offline   Reply With Quote